occasional soft freeze - Mozilla

This is a discussion on occasional soft freeze - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm using FF 1.5.0.2 on Win2k SP 3 and occasionally, with no trigger I have yet discovered, FF displays these symptoms: * cannot click on a link * cannot click on a different tab * cannot click in the ...

  1. occasional soft freeze

    Hi, I'm using FF 1.5.0.2 on Win2k SP 3 and occasionally, with no
    trigger I have yet discovered, FF displays these symptoms:

    * cannot click on a link
    * cannot click on a different tab
    * cannot click in the URL field
    * cannot click on a link in the Links bar
    * cannot click on Reload Page or Back, or any other highlighted icons

    * CAN close a tab, but the same symptoms occur on the next tab under
    * CAN close the window using the X in the top right
    * CAN move window focus from & to a FF window

    I usually have two windows open, each with multiple tabs, and the issue
    occurs on both at the same time. I notice in Task Manager that when I
    have closed both windows, there is still a firefox.exe process running,
    which I must kill in Task Manager before I can restart FF.

    I have four extensions:

    * Talkback
    * IE Tab
    * Firebug
    * DOM Inspector

    Any thoughts much appreciated!

  2. Re: occasional soft freeze

    mnrsiat@gmail.com wrote:

    > Any thoughts much appreciated!

    Things to try:
    - Use in safe-mode. (to make sure it is not a problem with extensions)
    - Try with empty profile (to make sure profile isn't corrupted)
    - Uninstall, remove install directory remains manually, reinstall (to
    make sure installation hasn't corrupted, for example during upgrade)

+ Reply to Thread