cnn and NoScript - Mozilla

This is a discussion on cnn and NoScript - Mozilla ; This is my Firefox configuration: > Generată Sat Apr 22 2006 22:27:35 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale) > User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ro; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2 > Build ID: 2006030804 > > Extensii activate: [20] > ...

  1. cnn and NoScript

    This is my Firefox configuration:

    > Generată Sat Apr 22 2006 22:27:35 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa occidentale)
    > User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ro; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2
    > Build ID: 2006030804
    >
    > Extensii activate: [20]
    > - BugMeNot 1.3: http://roachfiend.com
    > - ChatZilla 0.9.73: http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/
    > - Context Search 0.2.1: http://www.cusser.net
    > - CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 0.9.9.72: http://www.cutemenuproject.com/
    > - DOM Inspector 1.8.0.2: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/
    > - Download Statusbar 0.9.4: http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/
    > - FlashGot 0.5.9.995: http://flashgot.net
    > - Forecastfox 0.8.5.3: http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/
    > - Launchy 4.2.0: http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html?project=launchy
    > - Long Titles 1.2.1: http://home.etu.unige.ch/~robin0/LongTitles_en.html
    > - Mozilla SpellCheck Libraries 1.0.1.0: http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
    > - MR Tech Local Install 4.6.4: http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
    > - NoScript 1.1.4: http://noscript.net
    > - Plain Text to Link 1.5.20060124: http://www.tommasobeniero.com/pttl/en
    > - Screen grab! 0.7: http://andy.5263.org/screengrab/
    > - SpellBound 0.7.3: http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
    > - Stylish 0.2.1: http://userstyles.org/stylish/
    > - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.5: http://tmp.garyr.net
    > - Translate 0.6.0.8: http://ctomer.com
    > - Update Notifier 0.1.2: http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/updatenotifier
    >
    > Tematici instalate: [7]
    > - Firefox (default): http://www.mozilla.org/
    > - iFox Graphite 1.7: http://www.radar.250x.com
    > - iFox Smooth 1.6.7: http://www.radar.250x.com
    > - Mostly Crystal 1.5.0.13: http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla
    > - RedShift 1.08: http://blackwensday.deviantart.com
    > - synergy 2.0: http://kavin.deviantart.com
    > - Y.A.M.T. (SaFire gradient) 1.099: http://www.chriswouters.com/
    >
    > Pluginuri instalate: (13)
    > - Driver Agent Plug-in
    > - Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6
    > - Microsoft (R) DRM
    > - Microsoft® Windows Media Services
    > - Mozilla Default Plug-in
    > - QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4
    > - RealPlayer Version Plugin
    > - RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit)
    > - Shockwave Flash
    > - Shockwave for Director
    > - Windows Genuine Advantage validation plug-in
    > - Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
    > - Yahoo Application State Plugin

    If I go to www.cnn.com I can't click any links, I mean I can click them,
    but nothing happens. I have set permission to allow in NoScript for all
    the domains, but still something is blocking javascript. If I set to
    allow javascript globally or deactivate NoScript extension it works like
    it suppose to. Any chance I missed something in my configuration 'cause
    I need NoScript and I don't want to deactivate/uninstall it.
    Thanks for all the help!

  2. Re: cnn and NoScript

    nick wrote:
    > This is my Firefox configuration:
    >

    >> Generată Sat Apr 22 2006 22:27:35 GMT+0200 (ora legale Europa
    >> occidentale)
    >> User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ro; rv:1.8.0.2)
    >> Gecko/20060308 Firefox/1.5.0.2
    >> Build ID: 2006030804
    >>
    >> Extensii activate: [20]
    >> - BugMeNot 1.3: http://roachfiend.com
    >> - ChatZilla 0.9.73: http://chatzilla.hacksrus.com/
    >> - Context Search 0.2.1: http://www.cusser.net
    >> - CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 0.9.9.72: http://www.cutemenuproject.com/
    >> - DOM Inspector 1.8.0.2: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/
    >> - Download Statusbar 0.9.4: http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/
    >> - FlashGot 0.5.9.995: http://flashgot.net
    >> - Forecastfox 0.8.5.3: http://forecastfox.mozdev.org/
    >> - Launchy 4.2.0: http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html?project=launchy
    >> - Long Titles 1.2.1: http://home.etu.unige.ch/~robin0/LongTitles_en.html
    >> - Mozilla SpellCheck Libraries 1.0.1.0:
    >> http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
    >> - MR Tech Local Install 4.6.4:
    >> http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/
    >> - NoScript 1.1.4: http://noscript.net
    >> - Plain Text to Link 1.5.20060124: http://www.tommasobeniero.com/pttl/en
    >> - Screen grab! 0.7: http://andy.5263.org/screengrab/
    >> - SpellBound 0.7.3: http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/
    >> - Stylish 0.2.1: http://userstyles.org/stylish/
    >> - Tab Mix Plus 0.3.0.5: http://tmp.garyr.net
    >> - Translate 0.6.0.8: http://ctomer.com
    >> - Update Notifier 0.1.2: http://www.longfocus.com/firefox/updatenotifier
    >>
    >> Tematici instalate: [7]
    >> - Firefox (default): http://www.mozilla.org/
    >> - iFox Graphite 1.7: http://www.radar.250x.com
    >> - iFox Smooth 1.6.7: http://www.radar.250x.com
    >> - Mostly Crystal 1.5.0.13: http://www.tom-cat.com/mozilla
    >> - RedShift 1.08: http://blackwensday.deviantart.com
    >> - synergy 2.0: http://kavin.deviantart.com
    >> - Y.A.M.T. (SaFire gradient) 1.099: http://www.chriswouters.com/
    >>
    >> Pluginuri instalate: (13)
    >> - Driver Agent Plug-in
    >> - Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 6
    >> - Microsoft (R) DRM
    >> - Microsoft® Windows Media Services
    >> - Mozilla Default Plug-in
    >> - QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.4
    >> - RealPlayer Version Plugin
    >> - RealPlayer(tm) G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit) - Shockwave
    >> Flash
    >> - Shockwave for Director
    >> - Windows Genuine Advantage validation plug-in
    >> - Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
    >> - Yahoo Application State Plugin
    >>

    > If I go to www.cnn.com I can't click any links, I mean I can click them,
    > but nothing happens. I have set permission to allow in NoScript for all
    > the domains, but still something is blocking javascript. If I set to
    > allow javascript globally or deactivate NoScript extension it works like
    > it suppose to. Any chance I missed something in my configuration 'cause
    > I need NoScript and I don't want to deactivate/uninstall it.
    > Thanks for all the help!

    I have NoScript (set to NOT allow any of the sites listed when at the
    cnn.com site) and the story links work just fine.

    For the videos to work I had to adjust the pop-up blocking to allow
    cnn.net. In NoScript I also had to allow cnn.com and cnn.net.

    HTH,
    ken

  3. Re: cnn and NoScript

    > I have NoScript (set to NOT allow any of the sites listed when at the
    > cnn.com site) and the story links work just fine.
    >
    > For the videos to work I had to adjust the pop-up blocking to allow
    > cnn.net. In NoScript I also had to allow cnn.com and cnn.net.
    >
    > HTH,
    > ken

    I can't make video links from the Watch Free Video section to work.
    I click and click and nothing happens.

  4. Re: cnn and NoScript

    nick wrote:
    > > I have NoScript (set to NOT allow any of the sites listed when at the
    >> cnn.com site) and the story links work just fine.
    >>
    >> For the videos to work I had to adjust the pop-up blocking to allow
    >> cnn.net. In NoScript I also had to allow cnn.com and cnn.net.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> ken

    > I can't make video links from the Watch Free Video section to work.
    > I click and click and nothing happens.

    They work fine when I do what I described previously. I only have a
    couple of the other extensions you listed (Flashblock and Forecastfox),
    so I suspect it is one of the other extensions that is causing the problem.

    ken

  5. Re: cnn and NoScript

    ken a băgat versurile::
    > nick wrote:
    >> > I have NoScript (set to NOT allow any of the sites listed when at the
    >>> cnn.com site) and the story links work just fine.
    >>>
    >>> For the videos to work I had to adjust the pop-up blocking to allow
    >>> cnn.net. In NoScript I also had to allow cnn.com and cnn.net.
    >>>
    >>> HTH,
    >>> ken

    >> I can't make video links from the Watch Free Video section to work.
    >> I click and click and nothing happens.

    > They work fine when I do what I described previously. I only have a
    > couple of the other extensions you listed (Flashblock and Forecastfox),
    > so I suspect it is one of the other extensions that is causing the problem.
    >
    > ken

    This sucks! I disabled all the extensions, but NoScript and they still
    don't work!Anyway, thanks for your help!I am going to make another
    profile and install only NoScript and see what is going on!(why I didn't
    do that until now? Well, that's mystery!)
    Peace out!

  6. Re: cnn and NoScript

    nick wrote:
    > ken a băgat versurile::

    >>> I can't make video links from the Watch Free Video section to work.
    >>> I click and click and nothing happens.

    >> They work fine when I do what I described previously. I only have a
    >> couple of the other extensions you listed (Flashblock and
    >> Forecastfox), so I suspect it is one of the other extensions that is
    >> causing the problem.
    >>
    >> ken

    > This sucks! I disabled all the extensions, but NoScript and they still
    > don't work!Anyway, thanks for your help!I am going to make another
    > profile and install only NoScript and see what is going on!(why I didn't
    > do that until now? Well, that's mystery!)
    > Peace out!

    Did you set cnn.net to be allowed in the built-in pop-up blocker?
    Tools-Options-Content, Allowed Sites

    ken

  7. Re: cnn and NoScript

    ken a băgat versurile::
    > nick wrote:
    >> ken a băgat versurile::

    >>> They work fine when I do what I described previously. I only have a
    >>> couple of the other extensions you listed (Flashblock and
    >>> Forecastfox), so I suspect it is one of the other extensions that is
    >>> causing the problem.
    >>>
    >>> ken

    >> This sucks! I disabled all the extensions, but NoScript and they still
    >> don't work!Anyway, thanks for your help!I am going to make another
    >> profile and install only NoScript and see what is going on!(why I
    >> didn't do that until now? Well, that's mystery!)
    >> Peace out!

    > Did you set cnn.net to be allowed in the built-in pop-up blocker?
    > Tools-Options-Content, Allowed Sites
    >
    > ken

    I resolved the problem. I believe that in prefs.js the entry
    "user_pref("capability.policy.maonoscript.sites","[a bunch of sites]")
    was invalid or broken, 'cause after I put the same variable but from my
    newly created profile it works great (like it suppose to).
    Anywho, thanks a lot for advices!
    Peace out!

+ Reply to Thread