Picture won't show in firefox?! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Picture won't show in firefox?! - Mozilla ; Ed Mullen wrote: > The Real Bev wrote: >> No, I'm talking about REAL copy machines. You put a duplicating sheet >> next to your original, exposed them both to some light (yellow?) and >> then put the duplicated sheet ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

  1. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> No, I'm talking about REAL copy machines. You put a duplicating sheet
    >> next to your original, exposed them both to some light (yellow?) and
    >> then put the duplicated sheet through a solution and then maybe a drying
    >> roller. You only copied stuff you really NEEDED to copy.

    > Ok, this thread has officially made me feel OLD! ;-)

    Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what we can't.

    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    When cryptography is outlawed, only outlaws will
    qwertzuio asdfghjk pyxcvbnml -- M. O'Dorney

  2. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> The Real Bev wrote:
    >>> No, I'm talking about REAL copy machines. You put a duplicating
    >>> sheet next to your original, exposed them both to some light
    >>> (yellow?) and then put the duplicated sheet through a solution and
    >>> then maybe a drying roller. You only copied stuff you really NEEDED
    >>> to copy.

    >> Ok, this thread has officially made me feel OLD! ;-)

    > Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what we
    > can't.

    As George Burns once said, you just think you are old when you realize
    all the things you can't do any more. When you are really old, you
    can't remember what you can't do any more. Reaching that point now....

  3. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> Ron Hunter wrote:
    >>
    >>> My main problem is with the shift key. One the old manual
    >>> typewriters, you banged the shift key, and then hit the letter key
    >>> while the carriage moved (up or down depending on manufacturer), and
    >>> I have NEVER gotten used to having to HOLD the damn thing down.

    >> Huh? If you released it before typing the letter, the keyset just
    >> moved back to the normal place, possibly resulting in what your
    >> typing teacher called a dropped cap and took 5 words off your score for.
    >>
    >>> Seems a slight 'hold' could be put on the shift key to accommodate us
    >>> old dogs that just don't seem to be able to reprogram that reflex.
    >>> As for moving keys around, I worked in IT for 40 years, and daily
    >>> used half a dozen different types of keyboard. Never was much of a
    >>> problem after a while as I could determine which type keyboard I was
    >>> on by the feel. Funny I could do that that, but never have gotten
    >>> used to the 'non-ballistic' shift key.

    >> Our fingers were a lot stronger in The Old Days(tm). I'd think you'd
    >> like the IBM Model M keyboards... I'd like to disable the CapsLock
    >> key or turn it into a second Shift key -- more useful, less likely to
    >> cause grief. And the Control key is too far away. As a WordStar
    >> user, I got used to the Control/esdx cursor movement method, and it
    >> just doesn't work right the way it is.
    >>

    > If one learned the timing correctly, the shift key could be 'stabbed',
    > and the letter key pressed at exactly the correct time. I was very
    > good at that, and can't get used to having to HOLD the darn key down.
    > My only problem with electronic keyboards....

    No, its just your timing isnt up to electronic standards
    You can still 'stab' the shift key, and press the letter key at exactly
    the correct time - its simply that with electronics (as oppossed to
    mechanical) the 'exact time' is that much shorter

    You have a few milliseconds in which to press the letter key after
    stabbing the shift key All you have to do is work on your timing is
    all

  4. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> The Real Bev wrote:
    >>> No, I'm talking about REAL copy machines. You put a duplicating
    >>> sheet next to your original, exposed them both to some light
    >>> (yellow?) and then put the duplicated sheet through a solution and
    >>> then maybe a drying roller. You only copied stuff you really NEEDED
    >>> to copy.

    >> Ok, this thread has officially made me feel OLD! ;-)

    > Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what we
    > can't.

    There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont do,
    more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
    about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

  5. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    On 22.04.2006 08:24, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused
    lobner@gmail.com to generate the following:? :

    >Can anyone tell my why a picture
    >(http://www.lastnight.dk/billeder/alb...m/IMAG1795.JPG) won't
    >show in firefox. But its ok in IE?
    >
    >I cant understand it?!

    ummmmm - did this problem get fixed her?? :-[

    reg

  6. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:

    >>> Huh? If you released it before typing the letter, the keyset just
    >>> moved back to the normal place, possibly resulting in what your
    >>> typing teacher called a dropped cap and took 5 words off your score for.

    >>> Our fingers were a lot stronger in The Old Days(tm). I'd think you'd
    >>> like the IBM Model M keyboards... I'd like to disable the CapsLock
    >>> key or turn it into a second Shift key -- more useful, less likely to
    >>> cause grief. And the Control key is too far away. As a WordStar
    >>> user, I got used to the Control/esdx cursor movement method, and it
    >>> just doesn't work right the way it is.
    >>>

    >> If one learned the timing correctly, the shift key could be 'stabbed',
    >> and the letter key pressed at exactly the correct time. I was very
    >> good at that, and can't get used to having to HOLD the darn key down.
    >> My only problem with electronic keyboards....

    > No, its just your timing isnt up to electronic standards
    > You can still 'stab' the shift key, and press the letter key at exactly
    > the correct time - its simply that with electronics (as oppossed to
    > mechanical) the 'exact time' is that much shorter
    >
    > You have a few milliseconds in which to press the letter key after
    > stabbing the shift key All you have to do is work on your timing is
    > all

    Trouble is, my body is programmed for that old delay. I am not fast
    enough for the electronic kind, and getting slower by the year. Sigh.

  7. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Ok, this thread has officially made me feel OLD! ;-)

    >> Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what we
    >> can't.
    >>

    > There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont do,
    > more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
    > about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

    Oh? Flap your arms and fly to DFW airport, and I will meet you there
    and buy you a good steak dinner. Grin.

  8. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:25:37 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote in message
    :

    > Iceman wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:27:45 -0700, The Real Bev wrote in message
    >> :

    >>> Windows key? What's a windows key?

    >> The keys with the Windows(TM) logo on it. They're located next to the Alt
    >> and AltGr keys on most Windows keyboards.

    > Really? My Windows key also bears the inscription "alt option", while the one to its right say "Alt" and bears an Apple logo and that quad-loopy thing.

    Mac keyboards are different from PC keyboards. I'm just used to the latter.

    > What's AltGr?

    I've long believed it stands for 'Alt Graphics', but that is disputed. See
    this page:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AltGr_key

  9. about typing and keyboards (was Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!)

    On 24-04-2006 01:25 CET, Pete Holsberg composed this enchanting statement:
    > Iceman wrote:
    >>> Windows key? What's a windows key?

    >> The keys with the Windows(TM) logo on it. They're located next to the
    >> Alt
    >> and AltGr keys on most Windows keyboards.

    > Really? My Windows key also bears the inscription "alt option", while
    > the one to its right say "Alt" and bears an Apple logo and that
    > quad-loopy thing.
    >
    > What's AltGr?

    AltGr means Alternate Group. That key is on my IBM PC convertible of
    1988, the first IBM "laptop", after the transportable IBM PC with a half
    size screen (12 lines of 80 characters), that did not get the approval
    of the Product Test department for release on the market. A cunning
    machine with a connection dock for all sorts of appliances, such as CGA
    screen adapter and a printer with a paper roll, in cascade docking.

    The PC convertible has a condensed keyboard, as a full keyboard with the
    numeric pads did not fit. So, there is a green Fn key to be pressed and
    hold with keys with green inscriptions on the front side of for
    numerics, page up and down, home and end; as well as the Altgr, for all
    sorts of special and funny characters on the same front side in black.
    Amazing keyboard it is.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  10. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Redirected...

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Ok, this thread has officially made me feel OLD! ;-)

    >> Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what we
    >> can't.
    >>

    > There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont do,
    > more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
    > about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

    Ah, so the only reason you don't have a lot of Olympic gold medals is
    that you just don't like to ski, right?

    "I've learned that you can keep puking long
    after you think you're finished." -- SL

    On 24.04.2006 02:45, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont do,
    > more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
    > about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

    Touch your nose with your elbow.

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  12. Re: about typing and keyboards (was Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!)

    On 24.04.2006 23:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Melchert
    Fruitema to generate the following:? :

    > On 24-04-2006 01:25 CET, Pete Holsberg composed this enchanting
    > statement:
    >
    >> Iceman wrote:

    >>> The keys with the Windows(TM) logo on it. They're located next to
    >>> the Alt
    >>> and AltGr keys on most Windows keyboards.

    >> Really? My Windows key also bears the inscription "alt option", while
    >> the one to its right say "Alt" and bears an Apple logo and that
    >> quad-loopy thing.
    >>
    >> What's AltGr?

    > AltGr means Alternate Group. That key is on my IBM PC convertible of
    > 1988, the first IBM "laptop", after the transportable IBM PC with a
    > half size screen (12 lines of 80 characters), that did not get the
    > approval of the Product Test department for release on the market. A
    > cunning machine with a connection dock for all sorts of appliances,
    > such as CGA screen adapter and a printer with a paper roll, in cascade
    > docking.
    >
    > The PC convertible has a condensed keyboard, as a full keyboard with
    > the numeric pads did not fit. So, there is a green Fn key to be
    > pressed and hold with keys with green inscriptions on the front side
    > of for numerics, page up and down, home and end; as well as the Altgr,
    > for all sorts of special and funny characters on the same front side
    > in black. Amazing keyboard it is.

    I would more tend to agree that AltGr is a "leftover" from the
    Commodore-days! I have a C16 box here, and nearly *all* the keys have
    three options (plus, of course, the Shift function)... Number + Colour
    combination (dunno how they worked) and Letter + two graphical symbols.
    IIRC, the symbols could be used to create "frames", boxes etc.
    This C16 box also has a C= key at the bottom left - possibly the
    Commodore equivillant to the M$ Windows key??, but maybe to select the
    third symbol (meaning, it would be the equivillant to AltGr)

    Any Old-Timers out there, who remember the Commodore-Days??

    reg

  13. OT Re: about typing and keyboards (was Re: Picture won't show infirefox?!)

    squaredancer wrote:

    > On 24.04.2006 23:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Melchert
    > Fruitema to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> On 24-04-2006 01:25 CET, Pete Holsberg composed this enchanting
    >> statement:

    >>> Really? My Windows key also bears the inscription "alt option", while
    >>> the one to its right say "Alt" and bears an Apple logo and that
    >>> quad-loopy thing.
    >>>
    >>> What's AltGr?

    >> AltGr means Alternate Group. That key is on my IBM PC convertible of
    >> 1988, the first IBM "laptop", after the transportable IBM PC with a
    >> half size screen (12 lines of 80 characters), that did not get the
    >> approval of the Product Test department for release on the market. A
    >> cunning machine with a connection dock for all sorts of appliances,
    >> such as CGA screen adapter and a printer with a paper roll, in cascade
    >> docking.
    >>
    >> The PC convertible has a condensed keyboard, as a full keyboard with
    >> the numeric pads did not fit. So, there is a green Fn key to be
    >> pressed and hold with keys with green inscriptions on the front side
    >> of for numerics, page up and down, home and end; as well as the Altgr,
    >> for all sorts of special and funny characters on the same front side
    >> in black. Amazing keyboard it is.
    >>

    > I would more tend to agree that AltGr is a "leftover" from the
    > Commodore-days! I have a C16 box here, and nearly *all* the keys have
    > three options (plus, of course, the Shift function)... Number + Colour
    > combination (dunno how they worked) and Letter + two graphical symbols.
    > IIRC, the symbols could be used to create "frames", boxes etc.
    > This C16 box also has a C= key at the bottom left - possibly the
    > Commodore equivillant to the M$ Windows key??, but maybe to select the
    > third symbol (meaning, it would be the equivillant to AltGr)
    >
    > Any Old-Timers out there, who remember the Commodore-Days??

    I cut my teeth on a Commodore Pet but, from (failing) memory, it didn't
    have all those fancy functions. Colour?

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email

  14. Re: OT Re: about typing and keyboards (was Re: Picture won't showin firefox?!)

    On 25.04.2006 12:15, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Bob Henson to
    generate the following:? :

    >squaredancer wrote:
    >

    >>On 24.04.2006 23:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Melchert
    >>Fruitema to generate the following:? :
    >>

    >>>On 24-04-2006 01:25 CET, Pete Holsberg composed this enchanting
    >>>statement:

    >>>AltGr means Alternate Group. That key is on my IBM PC convertible of
    >>>1988, the first IBM "laptop", after the transportable IBM PC with a
    >>>half size screen (12 lines of 80 characters), that did not get the
    >>>approval of the Product Test department for release on the market. A
    >>>cunning machine with a connection dock for all sorts of appliances,
    >>>such as CGA screen adapter and a printer with a paper roll, in cascade
    >>>docking.
    >>>
    >>>The PC convertible has a condensed keyboard, as a full keyboard with
    >>>the numeric pads did not fit. So, there is a green Fn key to be
    >>>pressed and hold with keys with green inscriptions on the front side
    >>>of for numerics, page up and down, home and end; as well as the Altgr,
    >>>for all sorts of special and funny characters on the same front side
    >>>in black. Amazing keyboard it is.
    >>>

    >>I would more tend to agree that AltGr is a "leftover" from the
    >>Commodore-days! I have a C16 box here, and nearly *all* the keys have
    >>three options (plus, of course, the Shift function)... Number + Colour
    >>combination (dunno how they worked) and Letter + two graphical symbols.
    >>IIRC, the symbols could be used to create "frames", boxes etc.
    >>This C16 box also has a C= key at the bottom left - possibly the
    >>Commodore equivillant to the M$ Windows key??, but maybe to select the
    >>third symbol (meaning, it would be the equivillant to AltGr)
    >>
    >>Any Old-Timers out there, who remember the Commodore-Days??
    >>

    >I cut my teeth on a Commodore Pet but, from (failing) memory, it didn't
    >have all those fancy functions. Colour?
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Bob

    put a couple of pics on the multi-media test group for you:

    maybe shake your memory?? But I think the Pet was different to the C=
    series.... (Pet was announced as the *first* personal computer!)

    reg

  15. Re: OT Re: about typing and keyboards (was Re: Picture won't showin firefox?!)

    squaredancer wrote:

    >>> I would more tend to agree that AltGr is a "leftover" from the
    >>> Commodore-days! I have a C16 box here, and nearly *all* the keys have
    >>> three options (plus, of course, the Shift function)... Number + Colour
    >>> combination (dunno how they worked) and Letter + two graphical symbols.
    >>> IIRC, the symbols could be used to create "frames", boxes etc.
    >>> This C16 box also has a C= key at the bottom left - possibly the
    >>> Commodore equivillant to the M$ Windows key??, but maybe to select the
    >>> third symbol (meaning, it would be the equivillant to AltGr)
    >>>
    >>> Any Old-Timers out there, who remember the Commodore-Days??
    >>>

    >> I cut my teeth on a Commodore Pet but, from (failing) memory, it didn't
    >> have all those fancy functions. Colour?

    > put a couple of pics on the multi-media test group for you:

    > maybe shake your memory?? But I think the Pet was different to the C=
    > series.... (Pet was announced as the *first* personal computer!)

    Yes - I remember it, but the one I used was this one :-

    http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=191

    In fact the flashy colouring on the case makes me think the one I used
    (borrowed from a pal who was given it for his work) was even earlier. It
    was certainly only the 8k RAM model, had a green monochrome screen, and
    the tape drive was marginally more effective than the later ZX80/81 and
    Spectrums that I used (but not a lot). I think my damaged spine may
    result from lugging it around - boy that case was solid! Its first
    serious job was playing pontoon with the amazed punters at a charity
    ball - I suppose it was quite remarkable in those days.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email

  16. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:

    >>> Naah, what makes us feel old is not stuff that we CAN do, but what
    >>> we can't.
    >>>

    >> There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont do,
    >> more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
    >> about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

    > Oh? Flap your arms and fly to DFW airport, and I will meet you there
    > and buy you a good steak dinner. Grin.

    So.... where were you Ron? I stood around for a good hour and a half
    before flying back, and you didnt show.
    Now I have to find some good linament for my arms - havent exercised
    enough I guess.

  17. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > On 24.04.2006 02:45, Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    Done. Had to use my other hand to assist, but I did it

    Probably would have been easier had my arms not been stiff from flying
    to DFW and back

  18. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    On 26.04.2006 04:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Moz Champion
    (Dan) to generate the following:? :

    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont
    >>> do, more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to
    >>> think about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

    >> Oh? Flap your arms and fly to DFW airport, and I will meet you there
    >> and buy you a good steak dinner. Grin.

    > So.... where were you Ron? I stood around for a good hour and a half
    > before flying back, and you didnt show.
    > Now I have to find some good linament for my arms - havent exercised
    > enough I guess.

    didn't you read the teletext for DFA first?? Ron didn't get landing
    permission... :-P

    ==================

    reg

  19. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> There is nothing I cant do.... there are a lot of things I wont do,
    >>> more that I dont care to do, even more that I dont even want to think
    >>> about, but absolutely nothing I cant do

    >> Oh? Flap your arms and fly to DFW airport, and I will meet you there
    >> and buy you a good steak dinner. Grin.

    > So.... where were you Ron? I stood around for a good hour and a half
    > before flying back, and you didnt show.
    > Now I have to find some good linament for my arms - havent exercised
    > enough I guess.

    I guess I went to the wrong terminal. That place is HUGH! Grin.

  20. Re: Picture won't show in firefox?!

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 26.04.2006 04:30, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Moz Champion
    > (Dan) to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> Ron Hunter wrote:

    >>> Oh? Flap your arms and fly to DFW airport, and I will meet you there
    >>> and buy you a good steak dinner. Grin.

    >> So.... where were you Ron? I stood around for a good hour and a half
    >> before flying back, and you didnt show.
    >> Now I have to find some good linament for my arms - havent exercised
    >> enough I guess.
    >>

    > didn't you read the teletext for DFA first?? Ron didn't get landing
    > permission... :-P

    > reg

    Don't need it. I live about 20 minutes away. Short drive.