Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! - Mozilla ; I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????. Has anybody found a way to fix it? Dan...

  1. Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters!

    I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web
    sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????.

    Has anybody found a way to fix it?

    Dan

  2. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters!

    It is fixed I added Hebrew as a language.

    for advance option.

    Dan
    dan solomon wrote:
    > I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web
    > sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????.
    >
    > Has anybody found a way to fix it?
    >

    > Dan

    is fixed.

  3. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web
    > sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????.
    >
    > Has anybody found a way to fix it?
    >

    > Dan

    The problem is intermittent NOW it does not work.

    Can anybody have the same problem?

    Also I can not uninstall this version.

    Dan

  4. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters!

    dan solomon wrote:

    > Also I can not uninstall this version.
    >

    > Dan

    What Operating System?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  5. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    I still can not read Hebrew characters. The up and down (page up or down
    do not work either Help!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web
    > sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????.
    >
    > Has anybody found a way to fix it?
    >

    > Dan

  6. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > I still can not read Hebrew characters. The up and down (page up or down
    > do not work either Help!
    >

    > dan solomon wrote:
    >> I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web
    >> sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????.
    >>
    >> Has anybody found a way to fix it?
    >>

    >> Dan

    Please supply a URL so we can test.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

  7. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    Hi Irvin,

    These are the sites:

    > http://www.nrg.co.il/online/HP_1.html

    > http://www.a7.org/

    > http://www.debka.co.il/

    > http://www.haaretz.co.il/

    You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    UP/Page Down does not work on any URL

    Dan

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > dan solomon wrote:
    >> I still can not read Hebrew characters. The up and down (page up or
    >> down do not work either Help!
    >>

    >> dan solomon wrote:
    >>> I updated to version 1.502 and since then I can not read Hebrew web
    >>> sites. The Hebrew characters appear as ?????.
    >>>
    >>> Has anybody found a way to fix it?
    >>>

    >>> Dan

    > Please supply a URL so we can test.

  8. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > Hi Irvin,
    >
    > These are the sites:
    >
    >> http://www.nrg.co.il/online/HP_1.html

    >> http://www.a7.org/

    >> http://www.debka.co.il/

    >> http://www.haaretz.co.il/

    > You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    > UP/Page Down does not work on any URL

    qol tov over here, everything show just fine, and PgUp/PgDn both work
    fine too. W2K, FF 1.5.0.2.

    It must be some setting(s) you've got, either in your system or in FF or
    both. Did you check the View > Character Encoding dialogue? In e. g.
    Customize list, I've got Western (ISO-8859-1) and Unicode (UTF-8) listed
    as active.

    HTH, BR,
    Gudmund

  9. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    > dan solomon wrote:
    >> Hi Irvin,
    >>
    >> These are the sites:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nrg.co.il/online/HP_1.html
    >>> http://www.a7.org/
    >>> http://www.debka.co.il/
    >>> http://www.haaretz.co.il/

    >> You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    >> UP/Page Down does not work on any URL

    > qol tov over here, everything show just fine, and PgUp/PgDn both work
    > fine too. W2K, FF 1.5.0.2.
    >
    > It must be some setting(s) you've got, either in your system or in FF or
    > both. Did you check the View > Character Encoding dialogue? In e. g.
    > Customize list, I've got Western (ISO-8859-1) and Unicode (UTF-8) listed
    > as active.

    Hi Gudmund,

    I tried all combinations at View and Options and I can not make it work.
    I have Win98. Previously It worked perfectly.

    Dan

    > HTH, BR,
    > Gudmund

  10. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > Gudmund Areskoug wrote:
    >> dan solomon wrote:
    >>> Hi Irvin,
    >>>
    >>> These are the sites:

    >>> You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    >>> UP/Page Down does not work on any URL

    >> qol tov over here, everything show just fine, and PgUp/PgDn both work
    >> fine too. W2K, FF 1.5.0.2.
    >>
    >> It must be some setting(s) you've got, either in your system or in FF or
    >> both. Did you check the View > Character Encoding dialogue? In e. g.
    >> Customize list, I've got Western (ISO-8859-1) and Unicode (UTF-8) listed
    >> as active.

    > Hi Gudmund,
    >
    > I tried all combinations at View and Options and I can not make it work.
    > I have Win98. Previously It worked perfectly.
    >
    > Dan
    >

    >> HTH, BR,
    >> Gudmund

    Hi,

    After many trials I have succeeded to fix it Hour rah!

    Dan

  11. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    dan solomon wrote:

    > dan solomon wrote:
    >
    >>Gudmund Areskoug wrote:

    >>>qol tov over here, everything show just fine, and PgUp/PgDn both work
    >>>fine too. W2K, FF 1.5.0.2.
    >>>
    >>>It must be some setting(s) you've got, either in your system or in FF or
    >>>both. Did you check the View > Character Encoding dialogue? In e. g.
    >>>Customize list, I've got Western (ISO-8859-1) and Unicode (UTF-8) listed
    >>>as active.

    >>Hi Gudmund,
    >>
    >>I tried all combinations at View and Options and I can not make it work.
    >>I have Win98. Previously It worked perfectly.
    >>
    >>Dan
    >>

    >>>HTH, BR,
    >>>Gudmund

    > Hi,
    >
    > After many trials I have succeeded to fix it Hour rah!
    >

    > Dan

    and what did you do to fix it!?

    --
    Things to Ponder about: Why do people point to their wrist when asking
    for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the

  12. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > Hi Irvin,
    >
    > These are the sites:
    >
    >> http://www.nrg.co.il/online/HP_1.html

    >> http://www.a7.org/

    >> http://www.debka.co.il/

    >> http://www.haaretz.co.il/

    > You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    > UP/Page Down does not work on any URL
    >
    > Dan
    >

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> dan solomon wrote:
    >>> I still can not read Hebrew characters. The up and down (page up or
    >>> down do not work either Help!

    >> Please supply a URL so we can test.

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below the
    quoted text). See "Etiquette" in my sig for further information. Thanks!

    View>>Character Encoding>>More Encodings>>Middle
    Eastern>>Hebrew(Windows-1255)

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

  13. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > dan solomon wrote:
    >> Hi Irvin,
    >>
    >> These are the sites:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nrg.co.il/online/HP_1.html

    >>> http://www.a7.org/

    >>> http://www.debka.co.il/

    >>> http://www.haaretz.co.il/

    >> You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    >> UP/Page Down does not work on any URL
    >>
    >> Dan
    >>

    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Please supply a URL so we can test.
    >>>

    > Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below the
    > quoted text). See "Etiquette" in my sig for further information. Thanks!
    >
    > View>>Character Encoding>>More Encodings>>Middle
    > Eastern>>Hebrew(Windows-1255)
    >
    > Irwin

    Hi Irwin,

    I succeeded to read once or twice but the browser DOES NOT KEEP THE
    SETTINGS PERMANENTLY. I have to reset each time the encoding I open the
    browser. This is nuts!

    Dan

  14. Re: Firefox 1.502 -Does not show proper hebrew characters! ---Help!

    dan solomon wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> dan solomon wrote:
    >>> Hi Irvin,
    >>>
    >>> These are the sites:

    >>> You will see that all hebrew characters are ????????. Also the Page
    >>> UP/Page Down does not work on any URL
    >>>
    >>> Dan

    >> Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below
    >> the quoted text). See "Etiquette" in my sig for further information.
    >> Thanks!
    >>
    >> View>>Character Encoding>>More Encodings>>Middle
    >> Eastern>>Hebrew(Windows-1255)
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > Hi Irwin,
    >
    > I succeeded to read once or twice but the browser DOES NOT KEEP THE
    > SETTINGS PERMANENTLY. I have to reset each time the encoding I open the
    > browser. This is nuts!
    >
    > Dan

    To make it a permanent choice in Character Encoding dialog:
    Tools>>Character Encoding>>Customize List

    In the left Hand Box Ctrl Click on
    Hebrew(ISO 8859-8-1)
    and
    Hebrew(Windows-1255)