Do You Want to Disconnect Now - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Do You Want to Disconnect Now - Mozilla ; Hello Everyone, I just updated to Firefox 1.5.0.1. Everything seems to be working well for me except one irritating thing that I am not sure is a Fire fox issue, but It started when I updated. FF. Now, randomly, when ...

  1. Do You Want to Disconnect Now

    Hello Everyone,

    I just updated to Firefox 1.5.0.1. Everything seems to be working well
    for me except one irritating thing that I am not sure is a Fire fox issue,
    but It started when I updated. FF.

    Now, randomly, when I click on buttons, or links, or even just click my
    scroll wheel to go back a page, I get a message asking me 'Do I Want to
    Disconnect Now'.

    I click no and go my merry way and all is fine, but it happens lots. I
    searched through about:config, why I don't know. I did not find any thing. I
    searched regedit and did not come up with any thing that would help me.

    Can anyone think of something that would cause this and answer to help
    fix it for me, Please ?

    Any advice, Please, will be Greatly Appreciated.

    Thank You,

    Wayne

  2. Re: Do You Want to Disconnect Now

    _Wayne_ spoke thusly on 05/04/2006 4:23 AM:
    > I just updated to Firefox 1.5.0.1. Everything seems to be working well
    > for me except one irritating thing that I am not sure is a Fire fox issue,
    > but It started when I updated. FF.
    >

    > Now, randomly, when I click on buttons, or links, or even just click my
    > scroll wheel to go back a page, I get a message asking me 'Do I Want to
    > Disconnect Now'.

    Are you sure that's a Firefox message? That sounds like an operating
    system message.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Do You Want to Disconnect Now

    Thanks Chris, like I say I am not sure it is a Firefox issue, it only
    started once I updated and I don't know where to look. I am hoping someone
    will have some hints to help my out ?

    Thanks Again,

    Wayne

    > _Wayne_ spoke thusly on 05/04/2006 4:23 AM:

    >> I just updated to Firefox 1.5.0.1. Everything seems to be working
    >> well for me except one irritating thing that I am not sure is a Fire fox
    >> issue, but It started when I updated. FF.
    >>

    >> Now, randomly, when I click on buttons, or links, or even just click my
    >> scroll wheel to go back a page, I get a message asking me 'Do I Want to
    >> Disconnect Now'.

    > Are you sure that's a Firefox message? That sounds like an operating
    > system message.
    > --
    > Chris Ilias
    > mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > Mozilla links
    > (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  4. Re: Do You Want to Disconnect Now

    Hi,

    I just upgraded to 1.5.0.2 and I am also now getting a "Do You Can To
    Disconnect Now/' box just about every time a page changes.

    If it's not a Firefox issue (though it sure seems to be), might there
    be some registry change that can be made to correct this?

    Larry

    --------------------------------------->

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Wayne_ spoke thusly on 05/04/2006 4:23 AM:
    > > I just updated to Firefox 1.5.0.1. Everything seems to be working well
    > > for me except one irritating thing that I am not sure is a Fire fox issue,
    > > but It started when I updated. FF.
    > >

    > > Now, randomly, when I click on buttons, or links, or even just click my
    > > scroll wheel to go back a page, I get a message asking me 'Do I Want to
    > > Disconnect Now'.

    > Are you sure that's a Firefox message? That sounds like an operating
    > system message.
    > --
    > Chris Ilias
    > mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    > Mozilla links
    > (Please do not email me tech support questions)

  5. Re: Do You Want to Disconnect Now

    weinsteven@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just upgraded to 1.5.0.2 and I am also now getting a "Do You Can To
    > Disconnect Now/' box just about every time a page changes.
    >
    > If it's not a Firefox issue (though it sure seems to be), might there
    > be some registry change that can be made to correct this?
    >
    > Larry

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups (i.e., place your reply below the
    quoted text). See "Etiquette" in my sig for further information. Thanks!

    Have you checked for Spyware?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*