Multiple tabs don't open in new tabs - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Multiple tabs don't open in new tabs - Mozilla ; Using FF 1.5.0.1. Main browser is Netscape 7.2. Is there no option to open multiple tab bookmarks in new tabs? In NS 7.2, if multiple tabs are open, and you choose a bookmark to open multiple tabs, new tabs open ...

  1. Multiple tabs don't open in new tabs

    Using FF 1.5.0.1. Main browser is Netscape 7.2.

    Is there no option to open multiple tab bookmarks in new tabs? In NS
    7.2, if multiple tabs are open, and you choose a bookmark to open
    multiple tabs, new tabs open and the current-loaded tab are still
    available. FF seems to close open tabs when new multiple tabs are opened.

    Thanks.
    --
    David E. Jones

  2. Re: Multiple tabs don't open in new tabs

    _David E. Jones_ spoke thusly on 29/03/2006 11:16 AM:
    > Using FF 1.5.0.1. Main browser is Netscape 7.2.
    >
    > Is there no option to open multiple tab bookmarks in new tabs? In NS
    > 7.2, if multiple tabs are open, and you choose a bookmark to open
    > multiple tabs, new tabs open and the current-loaded tab are still
    > available. FF seems to close open tabs when new multiple tabs are opened.

    Enter about:config in the Firefox location bar.
    Search for the preference name |browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace|.
    Double-click on it, which should set the value to false.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Multiple tabs don't open in new tabs

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _David E. Jones_ spoke thusly on 29/03/2006 11:16 AM:
    >
    >> Using FF 1.5.0.1. Main browser is Netscape 7.2.
    >>
    >> Is there no option to open multiple tab bookmarks in new tabs? In NS
    >> 7.2, if multiple tabs are open, and you choose a bookmark to open
    >> multiple tabs, new tabs open and the current-loaded tab are still
    >> available. FF seems to close open tabs when new multiple tabs are opened.

    > Enter about:config in the Firefox location bar.
    > Search for the preference name |browser.tabs.loadFolderAndReplace|.
    > Double-click on it, which should set the value to false.

    Thank you, Chris. Just what I wanted. And I'll look there for other
    preference changes in the future. Much easier than text editing that I
    did in the past.

    --
    David E. Jones

+ Reply to Thread