Equivalent to IE 'event' object - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Equivalent to IE 'event' object - Mozilla ; I need to know the position of the mouse when certain mouse events occur (specifically, onMouseOut). IE gives me the "event" object with offsetX and offsetY properties, but FireFox doesn't support the "event" object. What can I use to pick ...

  1. Equivalent to IE 'event' object

    I need to know the position of the mouse when certain mouse events occur
    (specifically, onMouseOut). IE gives me the "event" object with offsetX and
    offsetY properties, but FireFox doesn't support the "event" object. What can
    I use to pick up the location of the mouse?

    Dave

    PS: I saw a reference to mozilla.dev.tech.javascript but can't locate it on
    the news.mozilla.org news server or any others that I normally use.

  2. Re: Equivalent to IE 'event' object

    On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:54:56 -0800, in message
    *, Dave Ressler wrote:

    > I need to know the position of the mouse when certain mouse events occur
    > (specifically, onMouseOut). IE gives me the "event" object with offsetX and
    > offsetY properties, but FireFox doesn't support the "event" object.

    They both have event objects, but the models are different.

    Firefox/Netscape event objects vs. IE event objects
    http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_access.html

    > What can
    > I use to pick up the location of the mouse?

    Picking up the location of the mouse
    http://evolt.org/article/Mission_Imp...335/index.html

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

  3. Re: Equivalent to IE 'event' object

    Perfecto! This is just what I needed and it's working fine. Many thanks.

    "Ralph Fox" <-@-.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:54:56 -0800, in message
    > , Dave Ressler wrote:
    >
    > > I need to know the position of the mouse when certain mouse events occur
    > > (specifically, onMouseOut). IE gives me the "event" object with offsetX

    and
    > > offsetY properties, but FireFox doesn't support the "event" object.

    > They both have event objects, but the models are different.
    >
    > Firefox/Netscape event objects vs. IE event objects
    > http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_access.html
    >

    > > What can
    > > I use to pick up the location of the mouse?

    > Picking up the location of the mouse

    http://evolt.org/article/Mission_Imp...335/index.html

    > > Dave

  4. Re: Equivalent to IE 'event' object

    _Dave Ressler_ spoke thusly on 29/03/2006 1:54 AM:
    > PS: I saw a reference to mozilla.dev.tech.javascript but can't locate it on
    > the news.mozilla.org news server or any others that I normally use.

    mozilla.dev.tech.javascript exists on this server, and only this server.
    Try refreshing the list of available newsgroups.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  5. Re: Equivalent to IE 'event' object

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:12:26 -0800, in message
    *, Dave Ressler wrote:

    > Perfecto! This is just what I needed and it's working fine. Many thanks.

    That's good to hear. You're welcome.

+ Reply to Thread