Install extensions - won't enable - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Install extensions - won't enable - Mozilla ; I have been trying to install extensions and keep getting message: software installation is currently disable. Click Edit Options... to enable it and try again. My javascript is enable. I tried adding to allowed sites, but addons is already in ...

  1. Install extensions - won't enable

    I have been trying to install extensions and keep getting message: software
    installation is currently disable. Click Edit Options... to enable it and
    try again. My javascript is enable. I tried adding to allowed sites, but
    addons is already in the allowed category and still nothing. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    tmschuck

  2. Re: Install extensions - won't enable

    tmschuck wrote:

    > I have been trying to install extensions and keep getting message: software
    > installation is currently disable. Click Edit Options... to enable it and
    > try again. My javascript is enable. I tried adding to allowed sites, but
    > addons is already in the allowed category and still nothing. Any ideas?
    > Thanks,
    > tmschuck

    in the address bar type in about:config and look for the entry of:

    xpinstall.enabled

    when found, double click on it and change it to true

+ Reply to Thread