master password - Mozilla

This is a discussion on master password - Mozilla ; I need to reset the master password for my browser. I believe my kids set the password and they don't remember what it is. How do I reset the password without knowing the current password?...

  1. master password

    I need to reset the master password for my browser. I believe my kids set
    the password and they don't remember what it is. How do I reset the password
    without knowing the current password?

  2. Re: master password

    Jeff Walgren wrote:

    > I need to reset the master password for my browser. I believe my kids set
    > the password and they don't remember what it is. How do I reset the password
    > without knowing the current password?

    Tools, Options, Privacy, and then the passwords tab. Warning, when
    you change it you may lose all your passwords, etc.

  3. Re: master password

    On 04-03-2006 04:30 CET, gwtc composed this enchanting statement:
    > Jeff Walgren wrote:
    >> I need to reset the master password for my browser. I believe my kids
    >> set the password and they don't remember what it is. How do I reset
    >> the password without knowing the current password?

    > Tools, Options, Privacy, and then the passwords tab. Warning, when
    > you change it you may lose all your passwords, etc.

    The OP has probably seen that password tab. How else would he know that
    the current password is required? It is a catch 22!

    In a Mozillazine forum 'Thunderbird Builds' topic, I found the following
    interesting discussion (without a resolution):

    (May be this reference helps in the case that I am mistaken and the
    reset password is *not* on the tab:
    )

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  4. Re: master password

    On 04-03-2006 03:46 CET, Jeff Walgren composed this enchanting statement:
    > I need to reset the master password for my browser. I believe my kids set
    > the password and they don't remember what it is. How do I reset the password
    > without knowing the current password?

    What level of Firefox are you on? Is 'clear private data' on your Tools
    menu? Try it to clear saved passwords.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

+ Reply to Thread