FYI - Nifty extension for FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on FYI - Nifty extension for FF - Mozilla ; Saw this in the NANAE ng - http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting. Gives a lot of info, installed no problem. Some of the stats are eyeopening....

  1. FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    Saw this in the NANAE ng -

    http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html

    Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    Some of the stats are eyeopening.

  2. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    jg wrote:

    > Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >
    > http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >
    > Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    > Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    > Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    Geeee, didn't I post that info a long time ago:
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ae4aab56e3c471

    or: news://news.mozilla.org:119/xvWdnUxB...ug@mozilla.org

  3. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    gwtc wrote:
    > jg wrote:
    >
    >> Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >>
    >> http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >>
    >> Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    >> Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    >> Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    > Geeee, didn't I post that info a long time ago:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ae4aab56e3c471
    >
    > or: news://news.mozilla.org:119/xvWdnUxB...ug@mozilla.org

    Well, to be fair, it wasn't posted in this group - it was posted in
    mozilla.general

    We don't *all* read all of the mozilla groups. :-)

  4. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    On 3/2/2006 6:09 PM gwtc scribbled:

    > jg wrote:
    >
    >> Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >>
    >> http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >>
    >> Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    >> Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    >> Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    > Geeee, didn't I post that info a long time ago:
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ae4aab56e3c471
    >
    > or: news://news.mozilla.org:119/xvWdnUxB...ug@mozilla.org

    geeee, how could I have possibly missed one of your posts, even though
    it was to another group...

  5. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    jg wrote:
    > On 3/2/2006 6:09 PM gwtc scribbled:
    >

    >>jg wrote:
    >>

    >>>Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >>>
    >>>http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >>>
    >>>Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    >>>Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    >>>Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    >>Geeee, didn't I post that info a long time ago:
    >>http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ae4aab56e3c471
    >>
    >>or: news://news.mozilla.org:119/xvWdnUxB...ug@mozilla.org

    > geeee, how could I have possibly missed one of your posts, even though
    > it was to another group...

    well you should be watching that other group, after all thats where
    all the off topic posts should be posted to. Thats why I posted it there.

  6. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    Ken Wagner wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>jg wrote:
    >>

    >>>Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >>>
    >>>http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >>>
    >>>Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    >>>Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    >>>Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    >>Geeee, didn't I post that info a long time ago:
    >>http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ae4aab56e3c471
    >>
    >>or: news://news.mozilla.org:119/xvWdnUxB...ug@mozilla.org

    > Well, to be fair, it wasn't posted in this group - it was posted in
    > mozilla.general
    >
    > We don't *all* read all of the mozilla groups. :-)

    but mozilla.general is for off topic posts, which mine was.

  7. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    On 3/2/2006 11:38 PM gwtc scribbled:

    > Ken Wagner wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Geeee, didn't I post that info a long time ago:
    >>> http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...ae4aab56e3c471
    >>>
    >>> or: news://news.mozilla.org:119/xvWdnUxB...ug@mozilla.org

    >> Well, to be fair, it wasn't posted in this group - it was posted in
    >> mozilla.general
    >>
    >> We don't *all* read all of the mozilla groups. :-)
    >>

    > but mozilla.general is for off topic posts, which mine was.

    FWIW, and not to start a long discussion, seems to me that an extension
    for Firefox is on topic for a Firefox ng.

  8. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    jg wrote:
    > Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >
    > http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >
    > Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    > Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    > Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    I tried it and immediately uninstalled. It made the pages bounce up and
    down.

    Steve

  9. Re: FYI - Nifty extension for FF

    On 3/3/2006 8:02 AM Stephen Fox scribbled:

    > jg wrote:
    >> Saw this in the NANAE ng -
    >>
    >> http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/index.html
    >>
    >> Rates websites from searches and will rate the site you are visiting.
    >> Gives a lot of info, installed no problem.
    >> Some of the stats are eyeopening.

    > I tried it and immediately uninstalled. It made the pages bounce up and
    > down.
    >
    > Steve

    Sorry - WFM very well. Too bad...
    Its not a Moz approved ext, so it may conflict with another of yours or
    a theme, or who knows.

+ Reply to Thread