NoScript - Seldom Seems to Allow JS (?) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on NoScript - Seldom Seems to Allow JS (?) - Mozilla ; With FF 1.5.0.1 and the NoScript extension, it seems that allowing JS for a given site thru NoScript, especially temporarily, seldoms gets me the content I'm after. But manually changing to allow JS in FF itself, does. Is this similar ...

  1. NoScript - Seldom Seems to Allow JS (?)

    With FF 1.5.0.1 and the NoScript extension, it seems that
    allowing JS for a given site thru NoScript, especially
    temporarily, seldoms gets me the content I'm after. But
    manually changing to allow JS in FF itself, does.

    Is this similar to others' experiences?

    -- Thanks,tbl

  2. Re: NoScript - Seldom Seems to Allow JS (?)

    tbl wrote on 02-Mar-2006 4:05 PM:
    > With FF 1.5.0.1 and the NoScript extension, it seems that
    > allowing JS for a given site thru NoScript, especially
    > temporarily, seldoms gets me the content I'm after. But
    > manually changing to allow JS in FF itself, does.
    >
    > Is this similar to others' experiences?
    >
    > -- Thanks,tbl

    Not exactly, though I do notice that many sites are pulling ads and
    scripts from third-party ad sites and other affiliated web sites (eg,
    some big sites have separate domain names for their images. dumb.)

    In other words, on some pages you have to enable two or three or four
    sites before all scripts on the page start executing.

    Not sure if temp permission operates differently from permanent, since,
    so far, I am still granting scripting rights to my bookmarks and
    favorite sites.

    --
    Kent

+ Reply to Thread