Default Browser - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Default Browser - Mozilla ; Firefox (latest version) shows it to be the default browser even with box unchecked. IE box checked - shows it to be default browser also. ??? Steve.- XP 2002 Home Panda 2006 Platinum - Incredimail....

  1. Default Browser

    Firefox (latest version) shows it to be the default browser even with box
    unchecked. IE box checked - shows it to be default browser also. ??? Steve.-
    XP 2002 Home Panda 2006 Platinum - Incredimail.

  2. Re: Default Browser

    _STEVEN M RAY_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 2:38 PM:
    > Firefox (latest version) shows it to be the default browser even with box
    > unchecked. IE box checked - shows it to be default browser also. ??? Steve.-
    > XP 2002 Home Panda 2006 Platinum - Incredimail.

    If you're referring to the checkbox in 'Tools -> Options -> General',
    that box is to make Firefox *check to see* if it is the default browser
    at start up. If it isn't, then it should prompt you asking if you want
    to make it your default. Simply check marking the box alone will not
    make Firefox the default.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator