Firefox Stalling - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox Stalling - Mozilla ; From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed. Sometimes I have ...

  1. Firefox Stalling

    From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed. Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will continue.

    For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet, until I tried it with IE and had no problems.

    Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?

    I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox 0.8.2.5 and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.

    thanks,

    david

  2. Re: Firefox Stalling

    David Hodgson wrote:

    > From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    > link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    > click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    > Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    > continue.
    >
    > For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    > until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    >
    > I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox 0.8.2.5
    > and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > david

    if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    that this is a known problem

  3. Re: Firefox Stalling

    Thanks for the info. Sorry for the redundant question. I had browsed through some of the previous postings and didn't see anything. Is there any time frame for a possible fix?

    thanks again,

    david

    David Hodgson wrote:

    > From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    > link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    > click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    > Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    > continue.
    >
    > For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    > until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    >
    > Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    >
    > I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox 0.8.2.5
    > and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > david

    if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    that this is a known problem

  4. Re: Firefox Stalling

    On 02-03-2006 19:19 CET, gwtc composed this enchanting statement:
    > David Hodgson wrote:
    >
    >> From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    >> link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    >> click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    >> Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    >> continue.
    >>
    >> For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    >> until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    >>
    >> Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    >>
    >> I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox
    >> 0.8.2.5 and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >>
    >> david

    > if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    > that this is a known problem

    I scanned 5000+ headers for 'slow' and ' stall'. This is the only
    thread. Are there any bug(s) reported on this?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  5. Re: Firefox Stalling

    David Hodgson wrote:
    > Thanks for the info. Sorry for the redundant question. I had browsed through
    > some of the previous postings and didn't see anything. Is there any time frame
    > for a possible fix?
    >
    > thanks again,
    >
    > david

    > 10:19 AM >>>
    > David Hodgson wrote:
    >
    > > From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    > > link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    > > click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    > > Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    > > continue.
    > >
    > > For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    > > until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    > >
    > > I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox 0.8.2.5
    > > and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > >
    > > david

    > if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    > that this is a known problem

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig.

    I have had the same problem for ages and have always attributed it to my
    computer, which has a history of thinking it has a bad connection to the
    net.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  6. Re: Firefox Stalling

    David Hodgson wrote:
    > Thanks for the info. Sorry for the redundant question. I had browsed through
    > some of the previous postings and didn't see anything. Is there any time frame
    > for a possible fix?
    >
    > thanks again,
    >
    > david

    > 10:19 AM >>>
    > David Hodgson wrote:
    >
    > > From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    > > link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    > > click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    > > Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    > > continue.
    > >
    > > For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    > > until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    > >
    > > Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    > >
    > > I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox 0.8.2.5
    > > and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    > >
    > > thanks,
    > >
    > > david

    > if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    > that this is a known problem

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig.

    I have had the same problem for ages and have always attributed it to my
    computer, which has a history of thinking it has a bad connection to the
    net.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

    Irwin,

    Thanks for the Etiquitte tip. I'll try to be more careful.

    Have you tried IE to see if you have the same slow-downs there? I'll bet it's not your computer.

    david

  7. Re: Firefox Stalling

    David Hodgson wrote:

    > David Hodgson wrote:
    > > Thanks for the info. Sorry for the redundant question. I had browsed through
    > > some of the previous postings and didn't see anything. Is there any time frame
    > > for a possible fix?
    > >
    > > thanks again,
    > >
    > > david

    > > 10:19 AM >>>
    > > David Hodgson wrote:
    > >
    > > > From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    > > > link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    > > > click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    > > > Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    > > > continue.
    > > >
    > > > For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    > > > until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    > > >
    > > > Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    > > >
    > > > I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox 0.8.2.5
    > > > and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    > > >
    > > > thanks,
    > > >
    > > > david

    > > if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    > > that this is a known problem
    > >

    > Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig.
    >
    > I have had the same problem for ages and have always attributed it to my
    > computer, which has a history of thinking it has a bad connection to the
    > net.
    >

    > Irwin
    >
    > --
    > Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    > *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*
    >
    > Etiquette - http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > About Profiles -
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
    > OE Quotefix - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/
    >
    > Irwin,
    >
    > Thanks for the Etiquitte tip. I'll try to be more careful.
    >
    > Have you tried IE to see if you have the same slow-downs there? I'll bet it's
    > not your computer.
    >
    > david

    I will never run IE long enough to check. However, I have the same
    problem with other products, TB and Quicken being two examples.

    Irwin
    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  8. Re: Firefox Stalling

    On 3/2/2006 10:36 AM Pacific Time, Melchert Fruitema wrote thusly:
    > On 02-03-2006 19:19 CET, gwtc composed this enchanting statement:
    >> David Hodgson wrote:
    >>
    >>> From time to time, Firefox stalls while browsing. When I click on a
    >>> link, the wheel starts spinning, but nothing happens. Usually, I can
    >>> click on Stop and then click the link again and it will proceed.
    >>> Sometimes I have to repeat these steps several times before it will
    >>> continue.
    >>>
    >>> For a long time, I thought it was just heavy traffic on the Internet,
    >>> until I tried it with IE and had no problems.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas or suggestions as to where I should look?
    >>>
    >>> I am running FireFox 1.5.0.1 on WinXP SP2. I have Forecastfox
    >>> 0.8.2.5 and Tabbrowser Preferences 1.2.8.8 installed.
    >>>
    >>> thanks,
    >>>
    >>> david

    >> if you read the previous postings in this newsgroup, then you'd know
    >> that this is a known problem

    > I scanned 5000+ headers for 'slow' and ' stall'. This is the only
    > thread. Are there any bug(s) reported on this?

    There are posts about memory leaks that will show this as a symptom. I
    had a thread running called "firefox 1.5.0.1 gets really sluggish"

    Barbara

+ Reply to Thread