Can't edit page source? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't edit page source? - Mozilla ; Hi, I've just recently converted to the excellent Firefox from MSIE. I have removed shortcuts to Internet Explorer, but there is just one feature I cannot seem to access properly in Firefox. I can open the View-Page Source feature and ...

  1. Can't edit page source?

    Hi,

    I've just recently converted to the excellent Firefox from MSIE. I have
    removed shortcuts to Internet Explorer, but there is just one feature I
    cannot seem to access properly in Firefox.

    I can open the View-Page Source feature and it gives me the web source
    in a pretty coloured dialogue. I'd like to be able to edit the source
    (this is how I develop simple web pages) and be able to refresh it in
    FF.

    I'm sure there's a simple FF setting that I don't know about that would
    allow me to be able to edit the page source as I can see Cut/Copy/Paste
    etc greyed out in the menu. Can someone please fill me in? I'm not
    using any additional add-ins - just the default "editor".

    Cheers
    Andy

  2. Re: Can't edit page source?

    _Andy Burgess_ spoke thusly on 02/03/2006 4:46 AM:
    > I can open the View-Page Source feature and it gives me the web source
    > in a pretty coloured dialogue. I'd like to be able to edit the source
    > (this is how I develop simple web pages) and be able to refresh it in
    > FF.
    >
    > I'm sure there's a simple FF setting that I don't know about that would
    > allow me to be able to edit the page source as I can see Cut/Copy/Paste
    > etc greyed out in the menu. Can someone please fill me in? I'm not
    > using any additional add-ins - just the default "editor".

    How about the SourceEditor extension:

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Can't edit page source?

    Andy Burgess wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've just recently converted to the excellent Firefox from MSIE. I have
    > removed shortcuts to Internet Explorer, but there is just one feature I
    > cannot seem to access properly in Firefox.
    >
    > I can open the View-Page Source feature and it gives me the web source
    > in a pretty coloured dialogue. I'd like to be able to edit the source
    > (this is how I develop simple web pages) and be able to refresh it in
    > FF.
    >
    > I'm sure there's a simple FF setting that I don't know about that would
    > allow me to be able to edit the page source as I can see Cut/Copy/Paste
    > etc greyed out in the menu. Can someone please fill me in? I'm not
    > using any additional add-ins - just the default "editor".
    >
    > Cheers
    > Andy

    to view the source page in FF, its View, Page Source or CTRL+U. The
    only problem with these is that you can't edit them

  4. Re: Can't edit page source?

    On 02.03.2006 13:22 gwtc spoke thusly:

    > Andy Burgess wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I've just recently converted to the excellent Firefox from MSIE. I have
    >> removed shortcuts to Internet Explorer, but there is just one feature I
    >> cannot seem to access properly in Firefox.
    >>
    >> I can open the View-Page Source feature and it gives me the web source
    >> in a pretty coloured dialogue. I'd like to be able to edit the source
    >> (this is how I develop simple web pages) and be able to refresh it in
    >> FF.
    >>
    >> I'm sure there's a simple FF setting that I don't know about that would
    >> allow me to be able to edit the page source as I can see Cut/Copy/Paste
    >> etc greyed out in the menu. Can someone please fill me in? I'm not
    >> using any additional add-ins - just the default "editor".
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >> Andy
    >>

    > to view the source page in FF, its View, Page Source or CTRL+U. The
    > only problem with these is that you can't edit them

    However, you can use NVu to edit page source

+ Reply to Thread