Corrupted web pages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Corrupted web pages - Mozilla ; Some of the web pages that I have have been corrupted on my laptop that work well on other computers. The pages display some of the following per appearance: --Resized fonts that do not correspond to the remainder of the ...

  1. Corrupted web pages

    Some of the web pages that I have have been corrupted on my laptop that work
    well on other computers.

    The pages display some of the following per appearance:
    --Resized fonts that do not correspond to the remainder of the webpage
    --Photo's with their corresponding text that are overlayed on too the
    regular page so
    that photo's cover text and the text is overlayed on too the background
    showing the appearance of
    two texts on occupying the same space.
    --After using "Adblock Plus", the image that was meant to be eliminated left
    a black space in its place
    which partially covers photo and text below them.

    "Adblock Plus" and the accompanying "Adblock Filterset,G Updater" do not
    appear to be the culprits
    as I uninstalled these but the problem persisted.

    How is this problem then resolved?

  2. Re: Corrupted web pages

    HStaton wrote:

    > Some of the web pages that I have have been corrupted on my laptop that work
    > well on other computers.
    >
    > The pages display some of the following per appearance:
    > --Resized fonts that do not correspond to the remainder of the webpage
    > --Photo's with their corresponding text that are overlayed on too the
    > regular page so
    > that photo's cover text and the text is overlayed on too the background
    > showing the appearance of
    > two texts on occupying the same space.
    > --After using "Adblock Plus", the image that was meant to be eliminated left
    > a black space in its place
    > which partially covers photo and text below them.
    >
    > "Adblock Plus" and the accompanying "Adblock Filterset,G Updater" do not
    > appear to be the culprits
    > as I uninstalled these but the problem persisted.
    >
    > How is this problem then resolved?

    how about posting a link to some of these sites, so someone can go and
    check out what's going on?

  3. Re: Corrupted web pages

    These are links: I have problems with on my laptop:

    http://eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2005-2006/
    http://marca.com/edicion/marca/futbo.../es/index.html

    On my desktop I have no problems with these pages.

    "gwtc" wrote in
    message news:yZydneew2PZCG5nZ4p2dnA@mozilla.org...
    > HStaton wrote:
    >
    >> Some of the web pages that I have have been corrupted on my laptop that
    >> work well on other computers.
    >>
    >> The pages display some of the following per appearance:
    >> --Resized fonts that do not correspond to the remainder of the webpage
    >> --Photo's with their corresponding text that are overlayed on too the
    >> regular page so
    >> that photo's cover text and the text is overlayed on too the
    >> background showing the appearance of
    >> two texts on occupying the same space.
    >> --After using "Adblock Plus", the image that was meant to be eliminated
    >> left a black space in its place
    >> which partially covers photo and text below them.
    >>
    >> "Adblock Plus" and the accompanying "Adblock Filterset,G Updater" do not
    >> appear to be the culprits
    >> as I uninstalled these but the problem persisted.
    >>
    >> How is this problem then resolved?

    > how about posting a link to some of these sites, so someone can go and
    > check out what's going on?

  4. Re: Corrupted web pages

    On 2/28/2006 1:05 PM, HStaton wrote:
    > These are links: I have problems with on my laptop:
    >
    > http://eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2005-2006/
    > http://marca.com/edicion/marca/futbo.../es/index.html
    >
    > On my desktop I have no problems with these pages.
    >

    > "gwtc" wrote in
    > message news:yZydneew2PZCG5nZ4p2dnA@mozilla.org...
    >> HStaton wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some of the web pages that I have have been corrupted on my laptop that
    >>> work well on other computers.
    >>>
    >>> The pages display some of the following per appearance:
    >>> --Resized fonts that do not correspond to the remainder of the webpage
    >>> --Photo's with their corresponding text that are overlayed on too the
    >>> regular page so
    >>> that photo's cover text and the text is overlayed on too the
    >>> background showing the appearance of
    >>> two texts on occupying the same space.
    >>> --After using "Adblock Plus", the image that was meant to be eliminated
    >>> left a black space in its place
    >>> which partially covers photo and text below them.
    >>>
    >>> "Adblock Plus" and the accompanying "Adblock Filterset,G Updater" do not
    >>> appear to be the culprits
    >>> as I uninstalled these but the problem persisted.
    >>>
    >>> How is this problem then resolved?

    >> how about posting a link to some of these sites, so someone can go and
    >> check out what's going on?

    Tidy (HTML Validator extention) show 13 errors and 244 warnings. That said, the
    page appears to display OK for me. Increasing the text size (Ctrl++) or
    causes the problems you describe. Try Ctrl+0 to set
    size to normal or Ctrl+- to decrease and see if it helps. If not try
    , set "Minimum font size"
    smaller. It's a very complex page, not much room to accommodate larger text.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

  5. Re: Corrupted web pages

    After applying a change to Zone Labs to correct a problem with downloading
    extensions I inadvertantly corrected the problem I was having with corrupted
    pages. The fix is as follows:

    Go to the left tab "Privacy" and to the upper tab "Main"

    The settings here are as follows:
    Cookie Control - Off
    Ad Blocking - Off
    Mobile Control - Off

    With this setting the problems with corrupted changes dissapears.

    "G. R. Woodring" wrote in message
    > On 2/28/2006 1:05 PM, HStaton wrote:
    >> These are links: I have problems with on my laptop:
    >>
    >> http://eurosport.com/football/la-liga/2005-2006/
    >> http://marca.com/edicion/marca/futbo.../es/index.html
    >>
    >> On my desktop I have no problems with these pages.
    >>

    >> "gwtc" wrote
    >> in message news:yZydneew2PZCG5nZ4p2dnA@mozilla.org...

    >>> how about posting a link to some of these sites, so someone can go and
    >>> check out what's going on?

    > Tidy (HTML Validator extention) show 13 errors and 244 warnings. That
    > said, the page appears to display OK for me. Increasing the text size
    > (Ctrl++) or causes the problems you describe.
    > Try Ctrl+0 to set size to normal or Ctrl+- to decrease and see if it
    > helps. If not try ,
    > set "Minimum font size" smaller. It's a very complex page, not much room
    > to accommodate larger text.
    >
    > --
    > G. R. Woodring

+ Reply to Thread