Zone Alarm - Extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Zone Alarm - Extensions - Mozilla ; How do I have to set Zone Alarm so that it does not block the download of extensions?...

  1. Zone Alarm - Extensions

    How do I have to set Zone Alarm so that it does not block the download of
    extensions?

  2. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    HStaton wrote:

    > How do I have to set Zone Alarm so that it does not block the download of
    > extensions?

    mine doesn't, so why does yours? What happens when you download an
    extension? It shouldn't because its part of FF, so you have to allow
    FF access.

  3. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    Situated at the tab left hand tab "Program Control" and the top tab
    "Programs" shows three programs for Firefox, all three are set at:
    --Super Trusted Level w/ three bars.
    --The trusted columns and internet columns for the access and server are in
    all four cases with a check besides them.
    --The send mail are in all cases with a question mark beside them to ask
    before proceeding.

    Having made all these adjustments to insure that the firewall were
    operational while downloading extensions and yet nothing happens.

    "gwtc" wrote in
    message news:4IOdnWgzQYlVHpnZRVn-rg@mozilla.org...
    > HStaton wrote:
    >
    >> How do I have to set Zone Alarm so that it does not block the download of
    >> extensions?

    > mine doesn't, so why does yours? What happens when you download an
    > extension? It shouldn't because its part of FF, so you have to allow FF
    > access.

  4. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    HStaton wrote:
    > Situated at the tab left hand tab "Program Control" and the top tab
    > "Programs" shows three programs for Firefox, all three are set at:
    > --Super Trusted Level w/ three bars.
    > --The trusted columns and internet columns for the access and server are in
    > all four cases with a check besides them.
    > --The send mail are in all cases with a question mark beside them to ask
    > before proceeding.
    >
    > Having made all these adjustments to insure that the firewall were
    > operational while downloading extensions and yet nothing happens.

    Try removing everything from program control in ZA and have it re-ask,
    allowing those things you wish.
    Shouldn't need to set trusted levels... (although, I have ZA always ask
    when FF or TB connects. Once, when I tried to have ZA remember, it gave
    me similar troubles...)
    Have you upgrades FF recently? Did you (un)check the option to allow web
    sites to install extensions and themes?
    (was it FF or TB that had the "feature" in the upgrade that removed
    control of web site install from Options?)

  5. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    clay wrote:
    > (was it FF or TB that had the "feature" in the upgrade that removed
    > control of web site install from Options?)

    ....in which case, you need to change the setting via about:config. I
    can't recall the line you change though.

  6. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    clay wrote:
    > clay wrote:
    >> (was it FF or TB that had the "feature" in the upgrade that removed
    >> control of web site install from Options?)

    > ...in which case, you need to change the setting via about:config. I
    > can't recall the line you change though.

    Refer to the thread below with this subject "problems downloading
    extensions". Go to Options:Content and check the box about software
    installation. Click the Exceptions button to enter addresses for sites
    you don't want blocked. Then you will always get a warning to explain
    what happened when a site not on your list gets blocked. Sites on your
    Exceptions list won't get blocked or bring up any warnings.

  7. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    I followed the thread, I did not find any box about software changes, the
    closest was:
    --"Warn me when websites try to install extensions or themes"
    --In the exceptions box the following are the only allowed sites:
    addons.mozilla.org
    update.mozilla.org
    www.roundtwo.com
    --The box is checked for the text above.

    The only other item I found of potential value but was already set as
    indicated to true was the xpinstall.enabled in about:config.

    In summary, after having gone through the previous steps I am still unable
    to make any advances on the ability to download with
    the suggested settings as they were already in place (if I understood the
    instructions correctly i.e.) before trying to process the suggested changes.

    "Alan Beaman" wrote in message
    > clay wrote:
    >> clay wrote:
    >>> (was it FF or TB that had the "feature" in the upgrade that removed
    >>> control of web site install from Options?)

    >> ...in which case, you need to change the setting via about:config. I
    >> can't recall the line you change though.

    > Refer to the thread below with this subject "problems downloading
    > extensions". Go to Options:Content and check the box about software
    > installation. Click the Exceptions button to enter addresses for sites you
    > don't want blocked. Then you will always get a warning to explain what
    > happened when a site not on your list gets blocked. Sites on your
    > Exceptions list won't get blocked or bring up any warnings.

  8. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    _HStaton_ spoke thusly on 28/02/2006 11:59 AM:
    > How do I have to set Zone Alarm so that it does not block the download of
    > extensions?

    ZA has nothing to do with blocking extensions.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  9. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    HStaton wrote:
    > I followed the thread, I did not find any box about software changes, the
    > closest was:
    > --"Warn me when websites try to install extensions or themes"
    > --In the exceptions box the following are the only allowed sites:
    > addons.mozilla.org
    > update.mozilla.org
    > www.roundtwo.com
    > --The box is checked for the text above.
    >
    > The only other item I found of potential value but was already set as
    > indicated to true was the xpinstall.enabled in about:config.
    >
    > In summary, after having gone through the previous steps I am still unable
    > to make any advances on the ability to download with
    > the suggested settings as they were already in place (if I understood the
    > instructions correctly i.e.) before trying to process the suggested changes.
    >

    > "Alan Beaman" wrote in message
    >> clay wrote:
    >>> ...in which case, you need to change the setting via about:config. I
    >>> can't recall the line you change though.

    >> Refer to the thread below with this subject "problems downloading
    >> extensions". Go to Options:Content and check the box about software
    >> installation. Click the Exceptions button to enter addresses for sites you
    >> don't want blocked. Then you will always get a warning to explain what
    >> happened when a site not on your list gets blocked. Sites on your
    >> Exceptions list won't get blocked or bring up any warnings.

    Please intersperse or bottom-post in these newsgroups, thanks
    guidelines

    Please provide a sample url where you cant install an extension
    And please provide specific details as to exactly what occurs when you
    attempt to do so.

  10. Re: Zone Alarm - Extensions

    Problem corrected after changing the settings for Zone Labs as follows:

    Go To:
    Vertical Tab - Privacy
    Horizontal Tab - Main

    Settings:
    Cookie Control - Off
    Ad Blocking - Off
    Mobile Code Control - Off

    Problem Solved

    "Moz Champion (Dan)" wrote in message
    > HStaton wrote:
    >> I followed the thread, I did not find any box about software changes, the
    >> closest was:
    >> --"Warn me when websites try to install extensions or themes"
    >> --In the exceptions box the following are the only allowed sites:
    >> addons.mozilla.org
    >> update.mozilla.org
    >> www.roundtwo.com
    >> --The box is checked for the text above.
    >>
    >> The only other item I found of potential value but was already set as
    >> indicated to true was the xpinstall.enabled in about:config.
    >>
    >> In summary, after having gone through the previous steps I am still
    >> unable to make any advances on the ability to download with
    >> the suggested settings as they were already in place (if I understood the
    >> instructions correctly i.e.) before trying to process the suggested
    >> changes.
    >>

    >> "Alan Beaman" wrote in message
    >>> Refer to the thread below with this subject "problems downloading
    >>> extensions". Go to Options:Content and check the box about software
    >>> installation. Click the Exceptions button to enter addresses for sites
    >>> you don't want blocked. Then you will always get a warning to explain
    >>> what happened when a site not on your list gets blocked. Sites on your
    >>> Exceptions list won't get blocked or bring up any warnings.

    > Please intersperse or bottom-post in these newsgroups, thanks
    > guidelines
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >
    > Please provide a sample url where you cant install an extension
    > And please provide specific details as to exactly what occurs when you
    > attempt to do so.

+ Reply to Thread