Recover deleted download file - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Recover deleted download file - Mozilla ; Hi, I just downloaded a huge file from the net. first try I used the firefox included downloader but i thought it to be too slow. so i paused the download and used GetRight instead. Same directory, same name. when ...

  1. Recover deleted download file

    Hi,
    I just downloaded a huge file from the net.
    first try I used the firefox included downloader but i thought it to be
    too slow. so i paused the download and used GetRight instead. Same
    directory, same name. when it'd finished i wanted to delete the partial
    download from the firefox file. so i used the "download"->"cancel"
    button. what happend: not online the partial vanished, but also the
    completed file.
    i tried some recover appz already but they didn't find anything.
    maybe somebody here knows if and how i could get bacl that file.

    thanks

    andy

  2. Re: Recover deleted download file

    RAndy wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I just downloaded a huge file from the net.
    > first try I used the firefox included downloader but i thought it to be
    > too slow. so i paused the download and used GetRight instead. Same
    > directory, same name. when it'd finished i wanted to delete the partial
    > download from the firefox file. so i used the "download"->"cancel"
    > button. what happend: not online the partial vanished, but also the
    > completed file.
    > i tried some recover appz already but they didn't find anything.
    > maybe somebody here knows if and how i could get bacl that file.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > andy

    Bottom line: you'll have to download the file again. If an undelete
    program doesn't find anything when you search for the file by name then
    it is gone. Maybe Firefox deletes things that way but I don't think so.
    You should not have chosen to delete (or remove) the partial file unless
    you moved the GetRight download out of there to another directory first
    -- the Firefox Download Manager is kind of sucky. I only use it for
    small files. Maybe try your undelete program again and use the search by
    name feature if it has one.

  3. Re: Recover deleted download file

    hm..thanks
    after some time trying, i figured that out too
    well downloaded it again

    thx though

    erm..maybe u have a tip for a firefox extension download proggy with not
    too much options but good old plain downloading and resuming feature?

  4. Re: Recover deleted download file

    RAndy wrote:

    > hm..thanks
    > after some time trying, i figured that out too
    > well downloaded it again
    >
    > thx though
    >
    > erm..maybe u have a tip for a firefox extension download proggy with not
    > too much options but good old plain downloading and resuming feature?

    I don't know how well this works: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/ or
    this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...nfo.php?id=256

    But, here is a list of separate download manager programs that work
    very well: http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/windows4.html

  5. Re: Recover deleted download file

    RAndy wrote:
    > hm..thanks
    > after some time trying, i figured that out too
    > well downloaded it again
    >
    > thx though
    >
    > erm..maybe u have a tip for a firefox extension download proggy with not
    > too much options but good old plain downloading and resuming feature?

    I use Meta Products Download Express, which is free for non-commercial use:

    http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/mpPro...tail.asp?id=18

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  6. Re: Recover deleted download file

    RAndy wrote:
    > hm..thanks
    > after some time trying, i figured that out too
    > well downloaded it again
    >
    > thx though
    >
    > erm..maybe u have a tip for a firefox extension download proggy with not
    > too much options but good old plain downloading and resuming feature?

    DownloadWith extension for Firefox 1.5.0.1

    http://rapidshare.de/files/11483719/..._ff15.xpi.html

    Scroll down the page and click the "FREE" button. On the page that loads
    next, scroll down to where it says "No premium user. Please enter..."
    and enter the letters you see in the box then click the download button.

    After you get the file, install it with the extensions manager. It lets
    you choose to download with Getright as soon as the download dialog
    comes up for a download. It also works with other download managers, but
    you already have Getright. It's set up for Getright already. This is a
    special version of this extension that has been "bumped" to install in
    the newest version of Firefox. Works like a charm. I use it with
    Getright and Leechget 2004.

    Why change download managers when you can use the one you like?

+ Reply to Thread