Unwanted proxy? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Unwanted proxy? - Mozilla ; Hi. To be able to watch TV on the Internet, I downloaded a trial-version program to "Hide-IP", and it worked fine. I then un-installed Hide-IP(after having watched), but FF seems to "stick" to a proxy-server 196.40.26.246, gate 554. Consequenly I ...

  1. Unwanted proxy?

    Hi. To be able to watch TV on the Internet, I downloaded a trial-version
    program to "Hide-IP", and it worked fine. I then un-installed Hide-IP(after
    having watched), but FF seems to "stick" to a proxy-server 196.40.26.246,
    gate 554.
    Consequenly I have to manually alter "Tools -> Options -> General ->
    Connection Settings" from "Manual Proxysettings(196.40.26.246, gate 554)" to
    "Direct connection..." every time I open FF. Or else- no connection at
    all...
    Can this "Hide-IP" tool, despite it beeing deleted, still jam the
    internetconnections of FF? How do I fix the bug?

    Thanks/Peter.

  2. Re: Unwanted proxy?

    Peter wrote:

    > Hi. To be able to watch TV on the Internet, I downloaded a trial-version
    > program to "Hide-IP", and it worked fine. I then un-installed Hide-IP(after
    > having watched), but FF seems to "stick" to a proxy-server 196.40.26.246,
    > gate 554.
    > Consequenly I have to manually alter "Tools -> Options -> General ->
    > Connection Settings" from "Manual Proxysettings(196.40.26.246, gate 554)" to
    > "Direct connection..." every time I open FF. Or else- no connection at
    > all...
    > Can this "Hide-IP" tool, despite it beeing deleted, still jam the
    > internetconnections of FF? How do I fix the bug?
    >
    > Thanks/Peter.

    someone else reported using this and they too had major problems with
    it, including uninstalling it.

  3. Re: Unwanted proxy?

    _Peter_ spoke thusly on 28/02/2006 8:37 AM:
    > Hi. To be able to watch TV on the Internet, I downloaded a trial-version
    > program to "Hide-IP", and it worked fine. I then un-installed Hide-IP(after
    > having watched), but FF seems to "stick" to a proxy-server 196.40.26.246,
    > gate 554.
    > Consequenly I have to manually alter "Tools -> Options -> General ->
    > Connection Settings" from "Manual Proxysettings(196.40.26.246, gate 554)" to
    > "Direct connection..." every time I open FF. Or else- no connection at
    > all...
    > Can this "Hide-IP" tool, despite it beeing deleted, still jam the
    > internetconnections of FF? How do I fix the bug?

    What about the settings in Internet Options, in the Windows Control Panel?
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: Unwanted proxy?

    Chris Ilias in

    > _Peter_ spoke thusly on 28/02/2006 8:37 AM:
    >> Hi. To be able to watch TV on the Internet, I downloaded a
    >> trial-version program to "Hide-IP", and it worked fine. I then
    >> un-installed Hide-IP(after having watched), but FF seems to "stick"
    >> to a proxy-server 196.40.26.246, gate 554. Consequenly I have to
    >> manually alter "Tools -> Options -> General -> Connection Settings"
    >> from "Manual Proxysettings(196.40.26.246, gate 554)" to "Direct
    >> connection..." every time I open FF. Or else- no connection at all...
    >> Can this "Hide-IP" tool, despite it beeing deleted, still jam the
    >> internetconnections of FF? How do I fix the bug?

    > What about the settings in Internet Options, in the Windows Control
    > Panel?

    i wonder if it's written the connection into one of the .js files?
    that would explain the setting being restored at every startup.

+ Reply to Thread