popup block ? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on popup block ? - Mozilla ; Hi, Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway. Do you get the same on this page for example ? http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm -Thomas...

  1. popup block ?

    Hi,

    Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.

    Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm

    -Thomas

  2. Re: popup block ?

    Thomas Anag. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    > the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >
    > Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    > http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    >
    > -Thomas

    Great, now I can't get it to repeat...

  3. Re: popup block ?

    Thomas Anag. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    > the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >
    > Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    > http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    >
    > -Thomas

    HI Thomas,

    All I get is the message saying FF has blocked the pop-up.

    HTH

    --
    Regards

    Steve G

  4. Re: popup block ?

    "Thomas Anag." wrote in message
    : Hi,
    :
    : Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    : the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    :
    : Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    : http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    :
    : -Thomas

    Well, Thomas, I'm not sure what the linked-to page is supposed to look like
    but it certainly was not accompanied with any pop-ups. The site was rather
    long, with pictures of a wine glass tipped at various angles and sometimes
    filled with fluid. Does that sound right?

    Ken Bland

  5. Re: popup block ?

    Thomas Anag. wrote:

    > Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    > the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >
    > Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    > http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm

    No popup here. FF 1.5.0.1.

    --
    ..sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

  6. Re: popup block ?

    Sam 'n' Ella wrote:

    > "Thomas Anag." wrote in message
    > : Hi,
    > :
    > : Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    > : the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    > :
    > : Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    > : http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    > :
    > : -Thomas
    >
    > Well, Thomas, I'm not sure what the linked-to page is supposed to look like
    > but it certainly was not accompanied with any pop-ups. The site was rather
    > long, with pictures of a wine glass tipped at various angles and sometimes
    > filled with fluid. Does that sound right?
    >
    > Ken Bland

    I don't even get a popup using IE 6

  7. Re: popup block ?

    Thomas Anag. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    > the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >
    > Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    > http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    >
    > -Thomas

    It is doing it again ... (I am not making this up fellows)

    If you clear the cookie of that site and go back in .... it will
    initiate the popup again. Sequent visits do not always bring the
    popup, it looks like the cookie controls this behavior.

    A few other sites do this too.

    I also tried running Firefox in safe-mode (disabling all extensions
    and themes) making sure there is no interference from anything
    else.... same thing happens. Both warning and popup come up at the
    same time.

    -Thomas

  8. Re: popup block ?

    Thomas Anag. wrote:
    > Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    >> the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >>
    >> Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    >> http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    >>
    >> -Thomas

    > It is doing it again ... (I am not making this up fellows)
    >
    > If you clear the cookie of that site and go back in .... it will
    > initiate the popup again. Sequent visits do not always bring the popup,
    > it looks like the cookie controls this behavior.
    >
    > A few other sites do this too.
    >
    > I also tried running Firefox in safe-mode (disabling all extensions and
    > themes) making sure there is no interference from anything else.... same
    > thing happens. Both warning and popup come up at the same time.
    >
    > -Thomas

    The popup ends ups up being redirected via "http://ilead.itrack.it".
    Is it a spyware on my system taking over like this ?

    -

  9. Re: popup block ?

    Thomas Anag. wrote:
    > Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >
    >>Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    >>>the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >>>
    >>>Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    >>>http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    >>>
    >>>-Thomas

    >>It is doing it again ... (I am not making this up fellows)
    >>
    >>If you clear the cookie of that site and go back in .... it will
    >>initiate the popup again. Sequent visits do not always bring the popup,
    >>it looks like the cookie controls this behavior.
    >>
    >>A few other sites do this too.
    >>
    >>I also tried running Firefox in safe-mode (disabling all extensions and
    >>themes) making sure there is no interference from anything else.... same
    >>thing happens. Both warning and popup come up at the same time.
    >>
    >>-Thomas

    > The popup ends ups up being redirected via "http://ilead.itrack.it".
    > Is it a spyware on my system taking over like this ?
    >
    > -

    OK, this is what I did. I disabled my HOSTS file and bingo, a pop-up
    was blocked. My hosts file contains links to itrack.it

  10. Re: popup block ?

    gwtc wrote:
    > Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >> Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >>
    >>> Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >>>

    >> The popup ends ups up being redirected via "http://ilead.itrack.it".
    >> Is it a spyware on my system taking over like this ?
    >>
    >> -

    > OK, this is what I did. I disabled my HOSTS file and bingo, a pop-up
    > was blocked. My hosts file contains links to itrack.it

    The ilead.itrack.it popup is related to Webstats4u basic
    Most likely its from the website tracking software you isntalled on your
    website?

  11. Re: popup block ?

    On 28-02-2006 02:03 CET, Moz Champion (Dan) composed this enchanting
    statement:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >>> Thomas Anag. wrote:
    >>>>
    >>> The popup ends ups up being redirected via "http://ilead.itrack.it".
    >>> Is it a spyware on my system taking over like this ?

    >> OK, this is what I did. I disabled my HOSTS file and bingo, a pop-up
    >> was blocked. My hosts file contains links to itrack.it

    > The ilead.itrack.it popup is related to Webstats4u basic.
    > Most likely its from the website tracking software you isntalled on
    > your website?

    That relates to 'netstatbasic.net'.

    The Noscript extension, installed here, forbids the javascript (js) to
    be executed for domain 'netstatbasic.net'. This script kicks another js
    for 'webstats4u.com', that in turn activates a js for 'falkag.net. Falk
    AG, publishes road and city maps, I think.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  12. Re: popup block ?

    On 2/27/2006 3:07 PM Pacific Time, Thomas Anag. wrote thusly:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Lately I see many popups slipping through Firefox. First it says that
    > the popup has been blocked, but it pops up anyway.
    >
    > Do you get the same on this page for example ?
    > http://www.aversis.be/extra_tutorial...ass_liquid.htm
    >
    > -Thomas

    Thomas, I got a pop-up window even with AdSubtract running, which should
    have blocked it.

    Barbara

+ Reply to Thread