Disable password manager from HTML? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Disable password manager from HTML? - Mozilla ; Can Firefox's password manager for a page from the server? Firefox is replacing server-provided default values for some fields with the memorized username and password for the site. In any case, this is a "create user" page, so memorized values ...

  1. Disable password manager from HTML?

    Can Firefox's password manager for a page from the server? Firefox is
    replacing server-provided default values for some fields with the memorized
    username and password for the site. In any case, this is a "create user"
    page, so memorized values have no use there. Can I put something in the
    HTML headers or page to disable the password manager for that one page?

    -Bill

  2. Re: Disable password manager from HTML?

    Bill wrote:

    > Can Firefox's password manager for a page from the server? Firefox is
    > replacing server-provided default values for some fields with the memorized
    > username and password for the site. In any case, this is a "create user"
    > page, so memorized values have no use there. Can I put something in the
    > HTML headers or page to disable the password manager for that one page?
    >
    > -Bill

    you might get a better response if you posted in the web developers
    newsgroups, on the news.mozilla.org server. Click on File, Subscribe,
    and in the filter box put in web and about 5 or 6 groups will show up.
    Maybe one of them would be of better use. If you don't see them,
    click on Refresh

  3. Re: Disable password manager from HTML?

    "Bill" <.> wrote in
    :

    > Can Firefox's password manager for a page from the server?
    > Firefox is replacing server-provided default values for some
    > fields with the memorized username and password for the site. In
    > any case, this is a "create user" page, so memorized values have
    > no use there. Can I put something in the HTML headers or page to
    > disable the password manager for that one page?

    Add an autocomplete attribute to the input tag or the form tag.

    or

  4. Re: Disable password manager from HTML?

    On 27-02-2006 23:22 CET, Q composed this enchanting statement:
    > "Bill" <.> wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> Can Firefox's password manager for a page from the server?
    >> Firefox is replacing server-provided default values for some
    >> fields with the memorized username and password for the site. In
    >> any case, this is a "create user" page, so memorized values have
    >> no use there. Can I put something in the HTML headers or page to
    >> disable the password manager for that one page?
    >>

    > Add an autocomplete attribute to the input tag or the form tag.
    >

    > or

    I have a bookmarklet (save password) installed to overrule that. :-)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  5. Re: Disable password manager from HTML?

    Thanks bunches, but it doesn't work. I'm guessing Firefox treats
    autocomplete separate from passwords, and while this trick might turn off
    autocomplete, it doesn't touch passwords.

    How do I turn off usernames and passwords?

    -Bill

    "Q" wrote in message
    news:MrQ9777A68F392B8itsmeitsQ@QsFQDN.dyndns.org.. .

    > Add an autocomplete attribute to the input tag or the form tag.
    >

    > or

  6. Re: Disable password manager from HTML?

    _Bill_ spoke thusly on 27/02/2006 7:11 PM:
    > Thanks bunches, but it doesn't work. I'm guessing Firefox treats
    > autocomplete separate from passwords, and while this trick might turn off
    > autocomplete, it doesn't touch passwords.
    >
    > How do I turn off usernames and passwords?

    It should work. That's why the remember password bookmarklet exists. :-)
    Post the URL, so we can check it out.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator