Saving Favorites to another computer? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Saving Favorites to another computer? - Mozilla ; Hey, I'm going to format my laptop computer, so I will lose all my Firefox favorites. Is there a way to store them on my other computer & re-install them on this laptop after I format?...

  1. Saving Favorites to another computer?

    Hey, I'm going to format my laptop computer, so I will lose all my Firefox
    favorites. Is there a way to store them on my other computer & re-install
    them on this laptop after I format?

  2. Re: Saving Favorites to another computer?

    On 2/27/2006 11:08 AM On a whim, Rich Wilson pounded out on the keyboard

    > Hey, I'm going to format my laptop computer, so I will lose all my Firefox
    > favorites. Is there a way to store them on my other computer & re-install
    > them on this laptop after I format?

    Hi Rich,

    In FF, click Bookmarks, Manage bookmarks. In the manager click File,
    Export, and choose the location for your file. You can import it back in
    after.

    --
    Terry

  3. Re: Saving Favorites to another computer?

    Rich Wilson wrote:

    > Hey, I'm going to format my laptop computer, so I will lose all my Firefox
    > favorites. Is there a way to store them on my other computer & re-install
    > them on this laptop after I format?

    Copy the "bookmarks.html" file from your profile folder to your other
    computer.

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

    --
    ..sig not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail?

  4. Re: Saving Favorites to another computer?

    Rich Wilson wrote:

    > Hey, I'm going to format my laptop computer, so I will lose all my Firefox
    > favorites. Is there a way to store them on my other computer & re-install
    > them on this laptop after I format?

    The 2 other posters have recommened what to do, but I will take it one
    futher -- backup your entire profile.

+ Reply to Thread