Toolbars - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Toolbars - Mozilla ; My customized toolbar has been reset to the default settings and I'm not able to customize it again. Each time the FF is open it opens with the defaults....

  1. Toolbars

    My customized toolbar has been reset to the default settings and I'm not
    able to customize it again. Each time the FF is open it opens with the
    defaults.

  2. Re: Toolbars

    _kiwipole_ spoke thusly on 24/02/2006 2:23 PM:
    > My customized toolbar has been reset to the default settings and I'm not
    > able to customize it again. Each time the FF is open it opens with the
    > defaults.

    Close Firefox.
    Go to your profile folder [1].
    Remove the file localstore.rdf.

    [1] http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Toolbars

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _kiwipole_ spoke thusly on 24/02/2006 2:23 PM:
    >> My customized toolbar has been reset to the default settings and I'm not
    >> able to customize it again. Each time the FF is open it opens with the
    >> defaults.

    > Close Firefox.
    > Go to your profile folder [1].
    > Remove the file localstore.rdf.
    >
    > [1] http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

    Of course localstore.rdf is the file where custom settings are stored so
    if you delete it you will have to create them again. If you have copied
    a profile from a backup CD all files will be read-only and then nothing
    can be saved. Deleting the file forces Firefox to generate a new one
    (which will no longer be read-only). Changing the file attribute by
    unchecking read-only in the properties of the file should accomplish the
    same thing.

  4. Re: Toolbars

    Alan Beaman wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _kiwipole_ spoke thusly on 24/02/2006 2:23 PM:
    >>> My customized toolbar has been reset to the default settings and I'm not
    >>> able to customize it again. Each time the FF is open it opens with the
    >>> defaults.

    >> Close Firefox.
    >> Go to your profile folder [1].
    >> Remove the file localstore.rdf.
    >>
    >> [1] http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

    > Of course localstore.rdf is the file where custom settings are stored so
    > if you delete it you will have to create them again. If you have copied
    > a profile from a backup CD all files will be read-only and then nothing
    > can be saved. Deleting the file forces Firefox to generate a new one
    > (which will no longer be read-only). Changing the file attribute by
    > unchecking read-only in the properties of the file should accomplish the
    > same thing.

    Apparently sometimes the localstore.rdf file becomes corrupted and the
    fix is to delete it so a new one will be generated. Changing the file
    attribute wouldn't help in that case. Just delete it and start over with
    a new one.

+ Reply to Thread