Configure firefox for VPN - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Configure firefox for VPN - Mozilla ; I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to configure Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I know it's not at present cause I get my ISP's IP address in dns look up). Anyone know ...

  1. Configure firefox for VPN

    I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to configure
    Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I know it's not at
    present cause I get my ISP's IP address in dns look up). Anyone know how
    to configure FF for this VPN?

  2. Re: Configure firefox for VPN

    Reality > wrote:
    > I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to configure
    > Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I know it's not at
    > present cause I get my ISP's IP address in dns look up). Anyone know how
    > to configure FF for this VPN?

    It's not firefox that has to be configured, it's your computers
    networking. Firefox just asks the pc for networking services. check your
    networking default gateway.

  3. Re: Configure firefox for VPN

    Steve Spence wrote:
    > Reality > wrote:
    >> I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to configure
    >> Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I know it's not at
    >> present cause I get my ISP's IP address in dns look up). Anyone know
    >> how to configure FF for this VPN?

    > It's not firefox that has to be configured, it's your computers
    > networking. Firefox just asks the pc for networking services. check your
    > networking default gateway.

    Um?? Using windows not linux.

    A lot of Google searches refer to configuring Proxy. Is that relevant?

  4. Re: Configure firefox for VPN

    Reality <""rt\"@n$$"> wrote in

    > Steve Spence wrote:
    >> Reality > wrote:
    >>> I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to
    >>> configure Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I
    >>> know it's not at present cause I get my ISP's IP address in
    >>> dns look up). Anyone know how to configure FF for this VPN?

    >> It's not firefox that has to be configured, it's your
    >> computers networking. Firefox just asks the pc for networking
    >> services. check your networking default gateway.

    > Um?? Using windows not linux.

    FireFox uses your computers' networking setup, regardless of OS.

    > A lot of Google searches refer to configuring Proxy. Is that
    > relevant?

    Yes. Setup VPN in Windows, and then go to Options - General and
    click on the Connections button and select "Automatically detect
    proxy setting for this network"

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    It's an Elder Thing -- you wouldn't understand.

  5. Re: Configure firefox for VPN

    Reality > wrote:
    > Steve Spence wrote:
    >> Reality > wrote:
    >>> I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to
    >>> configure Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I know it's
    >>> not at present cause I get my ISP's IP address in dns look up).
    >>> Anyone know how to configure FF for this VPN?

    >> It's not firefox that has to be configured, it's your computers
    >> networking. Firefox just asks the pc for networking services. check
    >> your networking default gateway.

    > Um?? Using windows not linux.

    no matter

    > A lot of Google searches refer to configuring Proxy. Is that relevant?

    only if you are trying to get to services as an alternate to your
    default gateway. we set up an office this way one. they had a local
    internet gateway, but HQ wanted all surfing to go through corporate. Is
    this your goal? Do you have a proxy server to connect to?

    Tools, options, general, connection settings.

  6. Re: Configure firefox for VPN

    you need not config firefox or IE or any application softwaresall this
    things are configed in network. you can find a VPN-Connect in
    Networkconnections, if you use MS-VPN client(PPTP or L2TP) or you need a
    VPN-client Software for IPSec( for example Cisco VPN 4.08). the VPN
    connection give your computer a right IP address ,mask and a gateway
    address, a DNS address too. when you can't fix it out, ask that to ur
    network administrator.

    i use both of them in the university(Cisco IPSec) and at home(MS VPN PPTP).

    "Reality" <""rt\"@n$$"> дʼ news:rKWdneqjMZNvAGXeRVn-pA@mozilla.org...
    > I'm trying out a VPN (secureix.com). But can't figure how to configure
    > Firefox so that it actually goes over the VPN. (I know it's not at
    > present cause I get my ISP's IP address in dns look up). Anyone know how
    > to configure FF for this VPN?

+ Reply to Thread