Some Tabs Not Opening - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Some Tabs Not Opening - Mozilla ; I'll have up to 25 sites under a bookmark but when I middle click I'll get an alert saying that Firebox can't find the server on several of them yet I can click on the individual links and they load ...

  1. Some Tabs Not Opening

    I'll have up to 25 sites under a bookmark but when I middle click I'll
    get an alert saying that Firebox can't find the server on several of
    them yet I can click on the individual links and they load immediately.
    This usually happens when traffic is heaviest in the evenings but if I
    can open them individually why not as a group? I have DSL and am using
    XP. I don't this problem using Opera but I don't want to use Opera.

    Any ideas what would cause this?

    Thanks,

    Tom

  2. Re: Some Tabs Not Opening

    user@domain.invalid wrote:
    > I'll have up to 25 sites under a bookmark but when I middle click I'll
    > get an alert saying that Firebox can't find the server on several of
    > them yet I can click on the individual links and they load immediately.
    > This usually happens when traffic is heaviest in the evenings but if I
    > can open them individually why not as a group? I have DSL and am using
    > XP. I don't this problem using Opera but I don't want to use Opera.
    >
    > Any ideas what would cause this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tom

    I'm not sure about this but....if you're opening too many
    sites at once, they could be timing out. I suspect this has
    to do with pipelining settings in about:config.

    There is an extension that resets some of the parameters,
    supposedly for faster functioning - it is called fasterfox
    and you can find it on the extensions page.

    Louise

+ Reply to Thread