Firefox 1.5.0.1 cannot establish connection - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 1.5.0.1 cannot establish connection - Mozilla ; PC using xp pro - upgraded from Firefox 1.5.0 to 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0 worked fine Can connect to web via IE or Netscape 7.1, Can receive mail via thunderbird Firefox 1.5.0.1 gives error message "Unable to connect" "Firefox can't establish a ...

  1. Firefox 1.5.0.1 cannot establish connection

    PC using xp pro - upgraded from Firefox 1.5.0 to 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0 worked fine
    Can connect to web via IE or Netscape 7.1, Can receive mail via thunderbird
    Firefox 1.5.0.1 gives error message "Unable to connect"
    "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 'xxx'" where xxx is
    any site on the web

  2. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 cannot establish connection

    William Krol wrote:
    > PC using xp pro - upgraded from Firefox 1.5.0 to 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0 worked fine
    > Can connect to web via IE or Netscape 7.1, Can receive mail via thunderbird
    > Firefox 1.5.0.1 gives error message "Unable to connect"
    > "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 'xxx'" where xxx is
    > any site on the web

    As each update comes in any firewall applications you have will see it
    as something new. So you will have to set permissions for it. If you
    have a hardware firewall as well, you may have to set it up.

    CNS

  3. Re: Firefox 1.5.0.1 cannot establish connection

    My other PC works fine with 1.5.0.1 so I assume it is not the hardware
    firewall
    I have matched all options in Firefox on the 2 machines
    Turned out it was being blocked by PCcillin which had two different
    firefox setings
    Thanks for your quick response
    Bill Krol
    Chuzu McCant wrote:
    > William Krol wrote:
    >> PC using xp pro - upgraded from Firefox 1.5.0 to 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0 worked
    >> fine
    >> Can connect to web via IE or Netscape 7.1, Can receive mail via
    >> thunderbird
    >> Firefox 1.5.0.1 gives error message "Unable to connect"
    >> "Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 'xxx'" where
    >> xxx is any site on the web
    >>

    > As each update comes in any firewall applications you have will see it
    > as something new. So you will have to set permissions for it. If you
    > have a hardware firewall as well, you may have to set it up.
    >
    > CNS

+ Reply to Thread