Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link - Mozilla ; Somehow or other I lost the favicon for one of my sites - one that I have as a bookmark link and so I "see" the missing favicon all the time. I cannot get it back. I've tried removing the ...

  1. Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link

    Somehow or other I lost the favicon for one of my sites -
    one that I have as a bookmark link and so I "see" the
    missing favicon all the time.

    I cannot get it back. I've tried removing the bookmark and
    replacing it, I've tried all the "properties" I can find -
    but none allow one to manipulate the favicon. I have the
    favicon because I actually edited it in Photoshop a long
    time ago - but I don't know how to attach it.

    I use "add bookmarks here" and I removed the extension but
    it made no difference.

    I tried using the favicon finder on AM Deadlink - it found
    the favicon that way but it said it doesn't have an ico
    extention.

    How does one attach a favicon to a link. Or, how does one
    attach a graphic with an ico extension to a link?

    I guess I've gotten rather accustomed to being able to
    customize everything on FF and I'm persevering :-)

    Louise

  2. Addenda Re: Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link

    louise wrote:
    > Somehow or other I lost the favicon for one of my sites - one that I
    > have as a bookmark link and so I "see" the missing favicon all the time.
    >
    > I cannot get it back. I've tried removing the bookmark and replacing
    > it, I've tried all the "properties" I can find - but none allow one to
    > manipulate the favicon. I have the favicon because I actually edited it
    > in Photoshop a long time ago - but I don't know how to attach it.
    >
    > I use "add bookmarks here" and I removed the extension but it made no
    > difference.
    >
    > I tried using the favicon finder on AM Deadlink - it found the favicon
    > that way but it said it doesn't have an ico extention.
    >
    > How does one attach a favicon to a link. Or, how does one attach a
    > graphic with an ico extension to a link?
    >
    > I guess I've gotten rather accustomed to being able to customize
    > everything on FF and I'm persevering :-)
    >
    > Louise

    BTW - the particular link is
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...ns/local/10025
    It normally has a little favicon of a sun.

    Louise

  3. Re: Addenda Re: Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link

    louise wrote:

    > louise wrote:
    >
    >>Somehow or other I lost the favicon for one of my sites - one that I
    >>have as a bookmark link and so I "see" the missing favicon all the time.
    >>
    >>I cannot get it back. I've tried removing the bookmark and replacing
    >>it, I've tried all the "properties" I can find - but none allow one to
    >>manipulate the favicon. I have the favicon because I actually edited it
    >>in Photoshop a long time ago - but I don't know how to attach it.
    >>
    >>I use "add bookmarks here" and I removed the extension but it made no
    >>difference.
    >>
    >>I tried using the favicon finder on AM Deadlink - it found the favicon
    >>that way but it said it doesn't have an ico extention.
    >>
    >>How does one attach a favicon to a link. Or, how does one attach a
    >>graphic with an ico extension to a link?
    >>
    >>I guess I've gotten rather accustomed to being able to customize
    >>everything on FF and I'm persevering :-)
    >>
    >>Louise

    > BTW - the particular link is
    > http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...ns/local/10025
    > It normally has a little favicon of a sun.
    >
    > Louise

    favicon picker lets you change and add them:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=321562. There is a 3.1
    version out but I don't know where to get it.

    --
    Time for a change

  4. Re: Addenda Re: Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link

    gwtc
    wrote in :

    >> louise wrote:

    >>> Somehow or other I lost the favicon for one of my sites - one
    >>> that I have as a bookmark link and so I "see" the missing
    >>> favicon all the time.

    >>> I have the favicon because I actually edited it in Photoshop a
    >>> long time ago - but I don't know how to attach it.

    > favicon picker lets you change and add them:
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=321562. There is a
    > 3.1 version out but I don't know where to get it.

    It's at , but it
    requires 'bumping' the maxversion to work with 1.5.0.1. (Also, it's
    served with incorrect MIME type, so you have to save it then drag it
    to a Fx window to install.)

    There's a French version, compatible with 1.5.0.*, at
    .

  5. Re: Addenda Re: Favicon - can't attach to bookmark link

    Q wrote:
    > gwtc
    > wrote in :

    >>favicon picker lets you change and add them:
    >>http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=321562. There is a
    >>3.1 version out but I don't know where to get it.

    > It's at , but it
    > requires 'bumping' the maxversion to work with 1.5.0.1. (Also, it's
    > served with incorrect MIME type, so you have to save it then drag it
    > to a Fx window to install.)
    >
    > There's a French version, compatible with 1.5.0.*, at
    > .

    thanks - I got the french one to work.

    Louise

+ Reply to Thread