Downloading Extensions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Downloading Extensions - Mozilla ; I'm trying to download extensions but FireFox won't allow me because of an "option" however, I cannot figure out which option I need to de-check to allow the extension download. Help anyone? Thanks...

  1. Downloading Extensions

    I'm trying to download extensions but FireFox won't allow me because of an
    "option" however, I cannot figure out which option I need to de-check to
    allow the extension download. Help anyone?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Downloading Extensions

    On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:26:26 -0500, Alison wrote:

    > I'm trying to download extensions but FireFox won't allow me because of an
    > "option" however, I cannot figure out which option I need to de-check to
    > allow the extension download. Help anyone?
    >
    > Thanks

    Maybe you have a download option set for .xpi files. It would
    help to specify which version of FF you use.

    p.
    --
    Using FF 1.5.1 on Win XP sp2

  3. Re: Downloading Extensions

    On 08.02.2006 23:08 UK Time, Paul_B wrote:
    > On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:26:26 -0500, Alison wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to download extensions but FireFox won't allow me because of an
    >> "option" however, I cannot figure out which option I need to de-check to
    >> allow the extension download. Help anyone?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Maybe you have a download option set for .xpi files. It would
    > help to specify which version of FF you use.
    >
    > p.

    Talking about version - you seem to be a little ahead of your time, i.e.
    your signature says FF 1.5.1 O:-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  4. Re: Downloading Extensions

    On 2/8/2006 2:26 PM On a whim, Alison pounded out on the keyboard

    > I'm trying to download extensions but FireFox won't allow me because of an
    > "option" however, I cannot figure out which option I need to de-check to
    > allow the extension download. Help anyone?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Alison,

    type about:config in the address bar. In the "filter" type xpi . Look
    for xpinstall.enabled. If it is set to false, double click on it to
    change it to true.

    If you go to a site and try to download and it doesn't, it is being
    blocked. Click the button in the top right of the window and Allow the
    site. Then download it again.

    --
    Terry

  5. Re: Downloading Extensions

    On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 23:11:10 +0000, Herb wrote:

    > On 08.02.2006 23:08 UK Time, Paul_B wrote:
    >> On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:26:26 -0500, Alison wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm trying to download extensions but FireFox won't allow me because of an
    >>> "option" however, I cannot figure out which option I need to de-check to
    >>> allow the extension download. Help anyone?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> Maybe you have a download option set for .xpi files. It would
    >> help to specify which version of FF you use.
    >>
    >> p.

    > Talking about version - you seem to be a little ahead of your time, i.e.
    > your signature says FF 1.5.1 O:-)

    Got me!

    p.
    --