JUNK - Mozilla

This is a discussion on JUNK - Mozilla ; THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY AND LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS....

  1. JUNK

    THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY AND
    LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.

  2. Re: JUNK

    On 08.02.2006 14:44 UK Time, Brian Jacobs wrote:
    > THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY AND
    > LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.

    Hi Brian,

    there are millions of very happy Firefox users out there. Surely they
    can't all be wrong?

    Have you ruled out the possibility that it may in fact have been you who
    did something wrong?

    If you provide further details (preferably without SHOUTING in
    CAPITALS), I'm sure people here would be happy to help.

    Have a nice day.

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: JUNK

    On 08.02.2006 09:44 Brian Jacobs spoke thusly:

    > THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY AND
    > LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.

    I've been running Firefox since the betas, Mozilla in many versions (as
    well as Netscape) and SeaMonkey (currently have all 3 installed and in
    use on several machines) and I have never lost passwords - although I do
    not actually save many. A bit more specificity in your post would
    likely garner you a bit more useful information.

  4. Re: JUNK

    "Brian Jacobs" wrote in

    > THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED
    > AUTOMATICALLY AND LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.

    Didn't lose any here. Sounds like you screwed it up your own
    self.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the
    fuse by blowing first.

  5. Re: JUNK

    Brian Jacobs wrote:
    > THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY AND
    > LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.

    The update may have resulted in making some extensions/themes
    incompatible. To check this possibility:

    Start>>All Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Start in Safe Mode.

    Got your passwords back?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  6. Re: JUNK

    Herb wrote:
    > On 08.02.2006 14:44 UK Time, Brian Jacobs wrote:
    >> THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY
    >> AND LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.
    >>

    > Hi Brian,
    >
    > there are millions of very happy Firefox users out there. Surely they
    > can't all be wrong?
    >
    > Have you ruled out the possibility that it may in fact have been you
    > who did something wrong?
    >
    > If you provide further details (preferably without SHOUTING in
    > CAPITALS), I'm sure people here would be happy to help.
    >
    > Have a nice day.

    Gee I wish you guys would be that nice to me, and I don't even shout in
    capitals. Just kidding Herb, just a little levity there :-):-) ...Pete

  7. Re: JUNK

    Brian Jacobs wrote:
    > THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY AND
    > LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.

    You might want to use about:config to check the value of the parameter
    signon.SignonFilename and make sure that the file that it points to is your
    password file.

    I remember one upgrade (I don't remember which it was) changed that parameter
    to signons.txt which was not the name of my password file at the time. Changing
    the parameter to my actual password file cured the problem.

  8. Re: JUNK

    Bob Doherty wrote:
    > Brian Jacobs wrote:
    >> THIS IS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK BROWSER. IT UPDATED AUTOMATICALLY
    >> AND LOST ABOUT 60 PASSWORDS.
    >>

    > You might want to use about:config to check the value of the parameter
    > signon.SignonFilename and make sure that the file that it points to is your
    > password file.
    >
    > I remember one upgrade (I don't remember which it was) changed that
    > parameter
    > to signons.txt which was not the name of my password file at the time.
    > Changing
    > the parameter to my actual password file cured the problem.

    Or changing the name of xxxxxxxx.s to signons.txt also works.

    I doubt the OP is really interested though, seems like he just wantr\ed
    to blow off steam.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion