MediaPlex Tracking cookie "Firefox (default): .mediaplex.com/ (svid)" - Mozilla

This is a discussion on MediaPlex Tracking cookie "Firefox (default): .mediaplex.com/ (svid)" - Mozilla ; Is this cookie something FF 1.5.0.1 creates? With the latest MS AntiSpyware realtime running, every day Spybot Search and Destroy finds this cookie and removes it. SS&D finds no other problem. In FF > Tools > Options > Privacy > ...

  1. MediaPlex Tracking cookie "Firefox (default): .mediaplex.com/ (svid)"

    Is this cookie something FF 1.5.0.1 creates?

    With the latest MS AntiSpyware realtime running, every day
    Spybot Search and Destroy finds this cookie and removes it.
    SS&D finds no other problem. In FF > Tools > Options >
    Privacy > Cookies > Exceptions I have attempted without
    success to block it. (XP SP2 with all security updates)

    --David

  2. Re: MediaPlex Tracking cookie "Firefox (default): .mediaplex.com/(svid)"

    On 2/7/2006 10:56 AM On a whim, J David Ellis pounded out on the keyboard

    > Is this cookie something FF 1.5.0.1 creates?
    >
    > With the latest MS AntiSpyware realtime running, every day
    > Spybot Search and Destroy finds this cookie and removes it.
    > SS&D finds no other problem. In FF > Tools > Options >
    > Privacy > Cookies > Exceptions I have attempted without
    > success to block it. (XP SP2 with all security updates)
    >
    > --David

    Hi David,

    FF doesn't create cookies. You are visiting a site that is placing it
    there. There was a thread I believe in this group by "bently" who asked
    the same (may have been on the netscape secnews server). He said he
    added mediaplex.com (or whatever the original site was) to the list and
    it hasn't returned, so be sure you're entering it correctly.

    --
    Terry

  3. Re: MediaPlex Tracking cookie "Firefox (default): .mediaplex.com/(svid)"

    J David Ellis wrote:
    > Is this cookie something FF 1.5.0.1 creates?
    >
    > With the latest MS AntiSpyware realtime running, every day Spybot Search
    > and Destroy finds this cookie and removes it. SS&D finds no other
    > problem. In FF > Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies > Exceptions I have
    > attempted without success to block it. (XP SP2 with all security updates)
    >
    > --David

    No. It is set when you browse a site that uses Mediaplex.

    Here is a Google search page with information on the cookie.

    http://www.google.com/search?client=...cking%20cookie

    Have you looked at the FF options in Tools > Options > Privacy >
    Cookies? You can put it on the exception list so FF won't set it. I
    have my FF 1.5.0.1 set up to clear all cookies after I close it.

    --
    Brian

    .. http://www.mozilla.org

    .. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

    .. http://ilias.ca/

    .. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

+ Reply to Thread