Fasterfox - any definite opinions? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Fasterfox - any definite opinions? - Mozilla ; I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo mode. Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing pops up when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart from clicking one ...

  1. Fasterfox - any definite opinions?

    I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo mode.
    Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing pops up
    when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart from
    clicking one of the presets.

  2. Re: Fasterfox - any definite opinions?

    On 07.02.2006 18:05 UK Time, Simeon Renais wrote:
    > I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo mode.
    > Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing pops up
    > when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart from
    > clicking one of the presets.

    Hi,

    I'm not familiar with the extension, but you might be interested in
    this:
    http://benmetcalfe.com/blog/index.ph...ensions-go-bad

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  3. Re: Fasterfox - any definite opinions?

    Herb wrote:
    > On 07.02.2006 18:05 UK Time, Simeon Renais wrote:
    >> I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo
    >> mode. Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing
    >> pops up when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart
    >> from clicking one of the presets.

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm not familiar with the extension, but you might be interested in
    > this:
    > http://benmetcalfe.com/blog/index.ph...ensions-go-bad

    Great link Herb. SO glad I don't have that extension ...now as for those
    that do ..as one poster said "oh my poor bandwidth" ...and I pay for it
    on one of my domains. Hope they deep six this extension!

    --
    Brian

    .. http://www.mozilla.org

    .. http://ilias.ca/mozilla/

    .. http://ilias.ca/

    .. No keyboard found. Press F1 to continue.

  4. Re: Fasterfox - any definite opinions?

    Brian J. Graham wrote:
    > Herb wrote:
    >> On 07.02.2006 18:05 UK Time, Simeon Renais wrote:
    >>> I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo
    >>> mode. Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing
    >>> pops up when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart
    >>> from clicking one of the presets.

    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm not familiar with the extension, but you might be interested in
    >> this:
    >> http://benmetcalfe.com/blog/index.ph...ensions-go-bad
    >>

    > Great link Herb. SO glad I don't have that extension ...now as for those
    > that do ..as one poster said "oh my poor bandwidth" ...and I pay for it
    > on one of my domains. Hope they deep six this extension!

    Yes, thanks one and all! Here's for the ole heave-ho...

  5. Re: Fasterfox - any definite opinions?

    Simeon Renais wrote:
    > I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo
    > mode. Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing
    > pops up when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart
    > from clicking one of the presets.

    Thanks guys...I asked about this a few days ago. Now I *really* know I
    don't want to install it :-) ...Pete

  6. Re: Fasterfox - any definite opinions?

    Pete wrote:
    > Simeon Renais wrote:
    >> I installed the FasterFox extension today and am using it in Turbo
    >> mode. Don't know if it makes any difference though... Also nothing
    >> pops up when I click on custom mode, so I can't configure it, apart
    >> from clicking one of the presets.

    > Thanks guys...I asked about this a few days ago. Now I *really* know I
    > don't want to install it :-) ...Pete

    Yeah...and also it didn't speed things up for me. Took 90 second for
    ft.com to load.

+ Reply to Thread