HTML code to close Foxfire - Mozilla

This is a discussion on HTML code to close Foxfire - Mozilla ; Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code? Thanks Kory...

  1. HTML code to close Foxfire

    Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    Thanks

    Kory

  2. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    Kory Lee wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kory

    Hopefully, no such HTML exists.

    Curious. Why would you want a web site to have the capacity to close
    your browser?

  3. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    Jerry Park wrote:
    > Kory Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Kory
    >>

    > Hopefully, no such HTML exists.
    >
    > Curious. Why would you want a web site to have the capacity to close
    > your browser?

    It's possible to close a *window* by use of an event and a script such
    as self.close(), but I don't think it's possible to shut the program down.

    --
    /P.M.

  4. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    Kory Lee wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kory

    I guess it's far more likely that you can close MSIE that way. Let's
    see... Goooogle....

    http://www.webmaster-talk.com/websit...nk-clicks.html

    Perhaps you'll find some similar hints for FF that way?

    BR,
    Gudmund

  5. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 11:10:21 -0600, in message
    *, Jerry Park wrote:

    > Kory Lee wrote:
    > > Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Kory
    > >

    > Hopefully, no such HTML exists.
    >
    > Curious. Why would you want a web site to have the capacity to close
    > your browser?

    1. Maybe the OP is an aspiring l33t h4x0r?

    2. If the OP really intended to ask how to close a pop-up window which
    the OP's web page opened (and not how to close the entire browser),
    then the answer is to use javascript.

    E.g. from within the pop-up window

    Close this window

    Note: This will not work if the window to be closed was not opened
    by a script.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    "Curiosity skilled the cat."

  6. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    I want a script/html code to close foxfire, because I am using the Program
    for a survey, and when they are done with the survey, I need the brower to
    close and the user can now use any other program they wish, ie word, excel,
    and IE (since most of are users are used to using IE).

    I know this code works for IE

    onClick="javascript:window.close();">

    or Close Window

    onclick="self.close()">

    But it dosn't work for Foxfire

    any Help would be great

    Kory

    "Jerry Park" wrote in message
    newsK2dndDDOJ_iSXXenZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > Kory Lee wrote:
    > > Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Kory
    > >

    > Hopefully, no such HTML exists.
    >
    > Curious. Why would you want a web site to have the capacity to close
    > your browser?

  7. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    "Kory Lee" wrote in
    :

    > I want a script/html code to close foxfire, because I am using the
    > Program for a survey, and when they are done with the survey, I
    > need the brower to close and the user can now use any other
    > program they wish, ie word, excel, and IE (since most of are users
    > are used to using IE).
    >
    > I know this code works for IE

    [snipped js close methods]

    Assuming you have control of the machine(s), changing the pref
    dom.allow_scripts_to_close_windows to true should allow the script to
    work. I just toggled the pref and tried window.close() and
    self.close() -- both worked.

    If you don't have control of the machine(s), the best you can do is
    display a message telling the user it's now ok to close the window
    herself.

  8. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    "Kory Lee" wrote in

    > I want a script/html code to close foxfire, because I am using
    > the Program for a survey, and when they are done with the
    > survey, I need the brower to close and the user can now use
    > any other program they wish, ie word, excel, and IE (since
    > most of are users are used to using IE).
    >
    > I know this code works for IE

    Another reason never to use IE. What a load of crap! A complete
    violation of user privacy and user primacy of their own computer.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    Driving makes you stupid; the more you drive, the stupider you
    get.

  9. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    Kory Lee wrote:
    > I want a script/html code to close foxfire, because I am using the Program
    > for a survey, and when they are done with the survey, I need the brower to
    > close and the user can now use any other program they wish, ie word, excel,
    > and IE (since most of are users are used to using IE).

    First ask yourself if the *user* needs the browser to close. Even the
    most stupid user I know are able to close their browsers themselves.

    Then perhaps you should ask in a foxfire support group. This one is
    about *Firefox*.

    HTH, Jan

  10. Re: HTML code to close Foxfire

    On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 11:35:57 -0500, Kory Lee wrote in message
    :

    > Does anyone know how to close foxfire with HTML code?
    > Thanks
    >
    > Kory

    IMHO, nothing beats Alt (left-hand middle finger) and F4 (right-hand index
    finger) to close programs.

+ Reply to Thread