Password Manager - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Password Manager - Mozilla ; I'm running FireFox 1.5. I changed the password for one of the sites for which FireFox had stored my password. FireFox never asked me if I wanted to update the stored password (like IE would do) when I changed it ...

  1. Password Manager

    I'm running FireFox 1.5.

    I changed the password for one of the sites for which FireFox had stored my
    password. FireFox never asked me if I wanted to update the stored password
    (like IE would do) when I changed it on that login screen. Thinking I could
    reset it, I went into the password manager and removed that entry from the
    stored password list.

    Now, it has no login ID and no password for that site and it never asks me
    if I want to save my password when I type them and login.

    How can I fix this so I can get FireFox to store my updated password?

    Thanks,
    Colin

  2. Re: Password Manager

    WebColin wrote:
    > I'm running FireFox 1.5.
    >
    > I changed the password for one of the sites for which FireFox had stored my
    > password. FireFox never asked me if I wanted to update the stored password
    > (like IE would do) when I changed it on that login screen. Thinking I could
    > reset it, I went into the password manager and removed that entry from the
    > stored password list.
    >
    > Now, it has no login ID and no password for that site and it never asks me
    > if I want to save my password when I type them and login.
    >
    > How can I fix this so I can get FireFox to store my updated password?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colin

    In Password Manager, did you check the Passwords never saved tab? If
    the site is on that list, remove it.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: Password Manager

    Nothing is listed in that group. It's as if Firefox figures since I removed
    it from the saved list, it should never ask me again to save it.

    Any suggestions? It's important to me, because it's an excruciatingly long
    password and I can't remember it.

    Is there any way for me to manually enter the site name and password into
    the FireFox password manager?

    Thanks,
    Colin

    "Leonidas Jones" wrote in message
    > WebColin wrote:
    >> I'm running FireFox 1.5.
    >>
    >> I changed the password for one of the sites for which FireFox had stored
    >> my password. FireFox never asked me if I wanted to update the stored
    >> password (like IE would do) when I changed it on that login screen.
    >> Thinking I could reset it, I went into the password manager and removed
    >> that entry from the stored password list.
    >>
    >> Now, it has no login ID and no password for that site and it never asks
    >> me if I want to save my password when I type them and login.
    >>
    >> How can I fix this so I can get FireFox to store my updated password?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Colin

    > In Password Manager, did you check the Passwords never saved tab? If the
    > site is on that list, remove it.
    >
    > Lee
    >
    > --
    > Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    > Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    > The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    > http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  4. Re: Password Manager

    I've got the same issue using Firefox 1.5.0.1:

    Password would not update when changed, then disappeared complete when
    removed from Saved Passwords.

    I tried editing the signons.txt file and restarting FireFox but that had no
    effect.

    "WebColin" wrote in message
    news:FZOdne1i7qvrfnTenZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > Nothing is listed in that group. It's as if Firefox figures since I
    > removed it from the saved list, it should never ask me again to save it.
    >
    > Any suggestions? It's important to me, because it's an excruciatingly long
    > password and I can't remember it.
    >
    > Is there any way for me to manually enter the site name and password into
    > the FireFox password manager?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colin
    >

    > "Leonidas Jones" wrote in message
    >> WebColin wrote:
    >>> I'm running FireFox 1.5.
    >>>
    >>> I changed the password for one of the sites for which FireFox had stored
    >>> my password. FireFox never asked me if I wanted to update the stored
    >>> password (like IE would do) when I changed it on that login screen.
    >>> Thinking I could reset it, I went into the password manager and removed
    >>> that entry from the stored password list.
    >>>
    >>> Now, it has no login ID and no password for that site and it never asks
    >>> me if I want to save my password when I type them and login.
    >>>
    >>> How can I fix this so I can get FireFox to store my updated password?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Colin

    >> In Password Manager, did you check the Passwords never saved tab? If the
    >> site is on that list, remove it.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>
    >> --
    >> Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    >> Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    >> The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >> http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  5. Re: Password Manager

    Well that's pretty awful. Is this a universal problem, or does the password
    feature work for some people (removing then reassigning) in 1.5.0.1?

    If no, is there a bug report address where I can submit this?

    Thanks,
    Colin

    "Charlie Munro" wrote in message
    news:gbCdnUhq2P08xHfenZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > I've got the same issue using Firefox 1.5.0.1:
    >
    > Password would not update when changed, then disappeared complete when
    > removed from Saved Passwords.
    >
    > I tried editing the signons.txt file and restarting FireFox but that had
    > no effect.
    >
    > "WebColin" wrote in message
    > news:FZOdne1i7qvrfnTenZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> Nothing is listed in that group. It's as if Firefox figures since I
    >> removed it from the saved list, it should never ask me again to save it.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions? It's important to me, because it's an excruciatingly
    >> long password and I can't remember it.
    >>
    >> Is there any way for me to manually enter the site name and password into
    >> the FireFox password manager?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Colin
    >>

    >> "Leonidas Jones" wrote in message

    >>> In Password Manager, did you check the Passwords never saved tab? If
    >>> the site is on that list, remove it.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    >>> Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.ufaq.org
    >>> The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    >>> http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >>> http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  6. Re: Password Manager

    WebColin wrote:
    > Well that's pretty awful. Is this a universal problem, or does the password
    > feature work for some people (removing then reassigning) in 1.5.0.1?
    >
    > If no, is there a bug report address where I can submit this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Colin
    >

    > "Charlie Munro" wrote in message
    > news:gbCdnUhq2P08xHfenZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >> I've got the same issue using Firefox 1.5.0.1:
    >>
    >> Password would not update when changed, then disappeared complete when
    >> removed from Saved Passwords.
    >>
    >> I tried editing the signons.txt file and restarting FireFox but that had
    >> no effect.
    >>
    >> "WebColin" wrote in message
    >> news:FZOdne1i7qvrfnTenZ2dnUVZ_vudnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    >>> Nothing is listed in that group. It's as if Firefox figures since I
    >>> removed it from the saved list, it should never ask me again to save it.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions? It's important to me, because it's an excruciatingly
    >>> long password and I can't remember it.
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way for me to manually enter the site name and password into
    >>> the FireFox password manager?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Colin
    >>>

    >>> "Leonidas Jones" wrote in message

    No, its working fine for me, which is why I have no other advice to
    offer you, save the obvious things I am sure you have already done.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/