Multiple Copies of Plugins? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Multiple Copies of Plugins? - Mozilla ; If MR Tech Local Install is to be believed, I have 7 copies of Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, 2 copies of Microsoft® DRM, and five copies of QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.3 installed. Is this normal? Can I purge the ...

  1. Multiple Copies of Plugins?

    If MR Tech Local Install is to be believed, I have 7 copies of Java(TM)
    2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, 2 copies of Microsoft® DRM, and five
    copies of QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.3 installed. Is this normal? Can I
    purge the extra copies somehow?

    Thanks.

    JLOB

  2. Re: Multiple Copies of Plugins?

    John O'Boyle wrote:
    > If MR Tech Local Install is to be believed, I have 7 copies of Java(TM)
    > 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, 2 copies of Microsoft® DRM, and five
    > copies of QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.3 installed. Is this normal? Can I
    > purge the extra copies somehow?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > JLOB

    This is completely normal. If you put aboutlugins into the location
    bar, you should find that you also get several entries. Looking
    carefully you'll see that each entry is for a different DLL, each
    handling its own range of mime-types.

  3. Re: Multiple Copies of Plugins?

    Nick Thomas (cf) wrote:
    > John O'Boyle wrote:
    >> If MR Tech Local Install is to be believed, I have 7 copies of
    >> Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, 2 copies of Microsoft® DRM,
    >> and five copies of QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.3 installed. Is this
    >> normal? Can I purge the extra copies somehow?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> JLOB

    > This is completely normal. If you put aboutlugins into the location
    > bar, you should find that you also get several entries. Looking
    > carefully you'll see that each entry is for a different DLL, each
    > handling its own range of mime-types.

    Got it! Thanks.
    J.

  4. Re: Multiple Copies of Plugins?

    John O'Boyle wrote:

    > If MR Tech Local Install is to be believed, I have 7 copies of Java(TM)
    > 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0, 2 copies of Microsoft® DRM, and five
    > copies of QuickTime Plug-in 7.0.3 installed. Is this normal? Can I
    > purge the extra copies somehow?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > JLOB

    check in the add/remove programs icon from Control Panel and see how
    many entries you have of each of those programs.

    --
    Time for a change

+ Reply to Thread