Missing Bookmarks after upgrade - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Missing Bookmarks after upgrade - Mozilla ; I just upgraded my FF to 1.5.0.1. After the upgrade 96% of my bookmarks are gone. I have 2 left out of about 50. My bookmark toolbar is empty and my home page is also gone. I have searched through ...

  1. Missing Bookmarks after upgrade

    I just upgraded my FF to 1.5.0.1. After the upgrade 96% of my bookmarks are
    gone. I have 2 left out of about 50. My bookmark toolbar is empty and my
    home page is also gone. I have searched through my hard drive looking for
    the old bookmarks but to no avail. Any thoughts on what might have happened
    and if there is any chance of recovery? Odd thing is that all my saved
    passwords are still there. Hmmmmm......

    Dennis J. Blackburn

  2. Re: Missing Bookmarks after upgrade

    Dennis Blackburn wrote:
    > I just upgraded my FF to 1.5.0.1. After the upgrade 96% of my bookmarks are
    > gone. I have 2 left out of about 50. My bookmark toolbar is empty and my
    > home page is also gone. I have searched through my hard drive looking for
    > the old bookmarks but to no avail. Any thoughts on what might have happened
    > and if there is any chance of recovery? Odd thing is that all my saved
    > passwords are still there. Hmmmmm......
    >
    > Dennis J. Blackburn

    First I suggest you back up your Profile because FF 1.5 has a rotating 5
    day backup of your bookmarks saved in your profile.

    Second, I suggest you start FF in safe mode:
    Start>>All Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Start in Safe Mode

    Does this recover your Bookmarks?

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  3. Re: Missing Bookmarks after upgrade

    "Irwin Greenwald" wrote in message
    newsJ-dnWjehbjCZ3reRVn-rg@mozilla.org...
    > Dennis Blackburn wrote:
    > > I just upgraded my FF to 1.5.0.1. After the upgrade 96% of my bookmarks

    are
    > > gone. I have 2 left out of about 50. My bookmark toolbar is empty and

    my
    > > home page is also gone. I have searched through my hard drive looking

    for
    > > the old bookmarks but to no avail. Any thoughts on what might have

    happened
    > > and if there is any chance of recovery? Odd thing is that all my saved
    > > passwords are still there. Hmmmmm......
    > >
    > > Dennis J. Blackburn
    > >

    > First I suggest you back up your Profile because FF 1.5 has a rotating 5
    > day backup of your bookmarks saved in your profile.
    >
    > Second, I suggest you start FF in safe mode:
    > Start>>All Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Start in Safe Mode
    >
    > Does this recover your Bookmarks?
    >

    > --
    > Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    >
    > Etiquette - http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > About Profiles -
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
    > OE Quotefix - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    I looked for the profiles. The only profiles saved are new ones, since the
    install.
    Starting in safe mode didn't find the bookmarks. Fortunately my IE
    favorites was
    almost the same as my FF Bookmarks and I imported them. Now, just have to
    remember what was on the bookmark tool bar. Thanks,
    Dennis

  4. Re: Missing Bookmarks after upgrade

    Dennis Blackburn wrote:
    > I just upgraded my FF to 1.5.0.1. After the upgrade 96% of my bookmarks are
    > gone. I have 2 left out of about 50. My bookmark toolbar is empty and my
    > home page is also gone. I have searched through my hard drive looking for
    > the old bookmarks but to no avail. Any thoughts on what might have happened
    > and if there is any chance of recovery? Odd thing is that all my saved
    > passwords are still there.

    On Windows XP/2000, the path is usually
    %AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.defaul t\, where xxxxxxxx is
    a random string of 8 characters. Just browse to C:\Documents and
    Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ and the
    rest should be obvious.

    Charlie

+ Reply to Thread