Small browser - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Small browser - Mozilla ; My problem is when I open Mozilla browser sometimes, I think there is a problem, then I notice it up in the corner about 2"x1". I know how to bring it down and open it up - but it still ...

  1. Small browser

    My problem is when I open Mozilla browser sometimes, I think there is a
    problem, then I notice it up in the corner about 2"x1". I know how to
    bring it down and open it up - but it still persists in shrinking up small.

    What causes this and how can I permanently put a stop to it - is there a bug
    in the system?

    Judy

  2. Re: Small browser

    On 2/5/2006 12:44 AM On a whim, Judy L pounded out on the keyboard

    > My problem is when I open Mozilla browser sometimes, I think there is a
    > problem, then I notice it up in the corner about 2"x1". I know how to
    > bring it down and open it up - but it still persists in shrinking up small.
    >
    > What causes this and how can I permanently put a stop to it - is there a bug
    > in the system?
    >
    > Judy

    Hi Judy,

    Have you tried (with the window maximized), click on File, hold down the
    Shift key and click Exit? This should force a write to the last state
    the window was in.

    If that doesn't work, right-click on the icon you use to launch FF, and
    in the Run dialog, select Maximized.

    --
    Terry

  3. Small browser

    Thanks Terry, have tried out your solution. As it doesnt happen every time,
    I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if it still plays up.

    Many thanks for your help.
    Regards
    Judy

    "Terry" wrote in message
    > On 2/5/2006 12:44 AM On a whim, Judy L pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> My problem is when I open Mozilla browser sometimes, I think there is a
    >> problem, then I notice it up in the corner about 2"x1". I know how to
    >> bring it down and open it up - but it still persists in shrinking up
    >> small.
    >>
    >> What causes this and how can I permanently put a stop to it - is there a
    >> bug in the system?
    >>
    >> Judy

    > Hi Judy,
    >
    > Have you tried (with the window maximized), click on File, hold down the
    > Shift key and click Exit? This should force a write to the last state the
    > window was in.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, right-click on the icon you use to launch FF, and in
    > the Run dialog, select Maximized.
    >
    > --
    > Terry

  4. Re: Small browser

    Terry wrote:
    > On 2/5/2006 12:44 AM On a whim, Judy L pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> My problem is when I open Mozilla browser sometimes, I think there is
    >> a problem, then I notice it up in the corner about 2"x1". I know how
    >> to bring it down and open it up - but it still persists in shrinking
    >> up small.
    >>
    >> What causes this and how can I permanently put a stop to it - is there
    >> a bug in the system?
    >>
    >> Judy
    >>

    > Hi Judy,
    >
    > Have you tried (with the window maximized), click on File, hold down the
    > Shift key and click Exit? This should force a write to the last state
    > the window was in.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, right-click on the icon you use to launch FF, and
    > in the Run dialog, select Maximized.

    Mine does the same thing. And I have seen other threads elsewhere that
    mention an issue with *not maximized* windows*.

    In my case...

    ... new browser window from the desktop short cut = opens maximized.

    ... new browser window from mail link = open maximized.

    ... open browser window but not focused = opens link in maximized browser
    window.

    ... open browser window but shrunk to task bar = 2 x 1 box in upper left
    hand corner of monitor when I click on a link in mail or newsgroups.

    Running WinXpSp2

    FF 1.5.0.1

    This behavior started for me after I installed the new version of FF..
    BUT!!!! at the same time I installed an extension that hides the taskbar
    icon and just leaves the tray icon next to the clock.

    I am running the same set up on my work computer, but haven't noticed
    the same behavior only because I don't get links in TB at work, so I
    have, yet to date, not tried to open the *minimized to tray* FF from a link.

    Personally.. I suspect the Minimize to Tray extension, but I haven't
    disabled it yet to see what happens.

    JC

  5. Re: Small browser

    JC wrote:
    > Terry wrote:
    >> On 2/5/2006 12:44 AM On a whim, Judy L pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> My problem is when I open Mozilla browser sometimes, I think there is
    >>> a problem, then I notice it up in the corner about 2"x1". I know
    >>> how to bring it down and open it up - but it still persists in
    >>> shrinking up small.
    >>>
    >>> What causes this and how can I permanently put a stop to it - is
    >>> there a bug in the system?
    >>>
    >>> Judy
    >>>

    >> Hi Judy,
    >>
    >> Have you tried (with the window maximized), click on File, hold down
    >> the Shift key and click Exit? This should force a write to the last
    >> state the window was in.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work, right-click on the icon you use to launch FF,
    >> and in the Run dialog, select Maximized.
    >>

    > Mine does the same thing. And I have seen other threads elsewhere that
    > mention an issue with *not maximized* windows*.
    >
    > In my case...
    >
    > .. new browser window from the desktop short cut = opens maximized.
    >
    > .. new browser window from mail link = open maximized.
    >
    > .. open browser window but not focused = opens link in maximized browser
    > window.
    >
    > .. open browser window but shrunk to task bar = 2 x 1 box in upper left
    > hand corner of monitor when I click on a link in mail or newsgroups.
    >
    > Running WinXpSp2
    >
    > FF 1.5.0.1
    >
    > This behavior started for me after I installed the new version of FF..
    > BUT!!!! at the same time I installed an extension that hides the taskbar
    > icon and just leaves the tray icon next to the clock.
    >
    > I am running the same set up on my work computer, but haven't noticed
    > the same behavior only because I don't get links in TB at work, so I
    > have, yet to date, not tried to open the *minimized to tray* FF from a
    > link.
    >
    > Personally.. I suspect the Minimize to Tray extension, but I haven't
    > disabled it yet to see what happens.
    >
    > JC

    I see this often on my laptop computer. Has to do with getting two
    clicks on my quicklaunch toolbar. Instead of opening two instances of
    TB, it puts that minimized thing on the screen, and I click the X to
    close it. Would rather it just ignore the extra click.

  6. Small browser

    I havent worked out exactly when it happens for me. I keep thinking
    something is wrong that the browser wont open, not realising that it is
    right up in the top left hand corner.

    I only have the short cut icon and also one in the start box - nothing in
    tool box or task bar. It doesnt happen all the time. I am also using xp
    home edition sp 2 and ff 1.5.0.1

    I have tried to contact Firefox - but unless I fly to the US and visit them
    I dont have a hope lol

    Judy

    "Ron Hunter" wrote in message
    newsvadneFQr-U3l3renZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    > JC wrote:
    >> Terry wrote:
    >>> On 2/5/2006 12:44 AM On a whim, Judy L pounded out on the keyboard

    >>> Hi Judy,
    >>>
    >>> Have you tried (with the window maximized), click on File, hold down the
    >>> Shift key and click Exit? This should force a write to the last state
    >>> the window was in.
    >>>
    >>> If that doesn't work, right-click on the icon you use to launch FF, and
    >>> in the Run dialog, select Maximized.
    >>>

    >> Mine does the same thing. And I have seen other threads elsewhere that
    >> mention an issue with *not maximized* windows*.
    >>
    >> In my case...
    >>
    >> .. new browser window from the desktop short cut = opens maximized.
    >>
    >> .. new browser window from mail link = open maximized.
    >>
    >> .. open browser window but not focused = opens link in maximized browser
    >> window.
    >>
    >> .. open browser window but shrunk to task bar = 2 x 1 box in upper left
    >> hand corner of monitor when I click on a link in mail or newsgroups.
    >>
    >> Running WinXpSp2
    >>
    >> FF 1.5.0.1
    >>
    >> This behavior started for me after I installed the new version of FF..
    >> BUT!!!! at the same time I installed an extension that hides the taskbar
    >> icon and just leaves the tray icon next to the clock.
    >>
    >> I am running the same set up on my work computer, but haven't noticed the
    >> same behavior only because I don't get links in TB at work, so I have,
    >> yet to date, not tried to open the *minimized to tray* FF from a link.
    >>
    >> Personally.. I suspect the Minimize to Tray extension, but I haven't
    >> disabled it yet to see what happens.
    >>
    >> JC

    > I see this often on my laptop computer. Has to do with getting two clicks
    > on my quicklaunch toolbar. Instead of opening two instances of TB, it
    > puts that minimized thing on the screen, and I click the X to close it.
    > Would rather it just ignore the extra click.

  7. Re: Small browser

    Ron Hunter wrote

    > I see this often on my laptop computer. Has to do with getting two
    > clicks on my quicklaunch toolbar. Instead of opening two instances of
    > TB, it puts that minimized thing on the screen, and I click the X to
    > close it. Would rather it just ignore the extra click.

    That's exactly what happens here. I too am baffled as to why it doesn't just
    ignore the attempt to run another copy.

    Regards,

    Bob

    --
    Remove "x" from address to reply by email.

  8. Re: Small browser

    Judy L wrote:
    > I havent worked out exactly when it happens for me. I keep thinking
    > something is wrong that the browser wont open, not realising that it is
    > right up in the top left hand corner.
    >
    > I only have the short cut icon and also one in the start box - nothing in
    > tool box or task bar. It doesnt happen all the time. I am also using xp
    > home edition sp 2 and ff 1.5.0.1
    >

    > I have tried to contact Firefox - but unless I fly to the US and visit them
    > I dont have a hope lol
    >
    > Judy
    >
    > "Ron Hunter" wrote in message
    > newsvadneFQr-U3l3renZ2dnUVZ_vmdnZ2d@mozilla.org...
    >> JC wrote:

    >>> Mine does the same thing. And I have seen other threads elsewhere that
    >>> mention an issue with *not maximized* windows*.
    >>>
    >>> In my case...
    >>>
    >>> .. new browser window from the desktop short cut = opens maximized.
    >>>
    >>> .. new browser window from mail link = open maximized.
    >>>
    >>> .. open browser window but not focused = opens link in maximized browser
    >>> window.
    >>>
    >>> .. open browser window but shrunk to task bar = 2 x 1 box in upper left
    >>> hand corner of monitor when I click on a link in mail or newsgroups.
    >>>
    >>> Running WinXpSp2
    >>>
    >>> FF 1.5.0.1
    >>>
    >>> This behavior started for me after I installed the new version of FF..
    >>> BUT!!!! at the same time I installed an extension that hides the taskbar
    >>> icon and just leaves the tray icon next to the clock.
    >>>
    >>> I am running the same set up on my work computer, but haven't noticed the
    >>> same behavior only because I don't get links in TB at work, so I have,
    >>> yet to date, not tried to open the *minimized to tray* FF from a link.
    >>>
    >>> Personally.. I suspect the Minimize to Tray extension, but I haven't
    >>> disabled it yet to see what happens.
    >>>
    >>> JC

    >> I see this often on my laptop computer. Has to do with getting two clicks
    >> on my quicklaunch toolbar. Instead of opening two instances of TB, it
    >> puts that minimized thing on the screen, and I click the X to close it.
    >> Would rather it just ignore the extra click.

    Judy:

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig for
    further information. Thanks!

    I know that clicking on a link in TB will open an FF window (that has
    been minimized to the task bar) at the size and position of the last
    non-maximized setting. I suspect that the "default" non-maximized
    setting is the small box in the upper left of the screen. So I suggest
    you enlarge that box (by grabbing a corner)to something more readable
    and then close it, to reset the default.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  9. Small browser

    > Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig for
    > further information. Thanks!
    >
    > I know that clicking on a link in TB will open an FF window (that has been
    > minimized to the task bar) at the size and position of the last
    > non-maximized setting. I suspect that the "default" non-maximized
    > setting is the small box in the upper left of the screen. So I suggest
    > you enlarge that box (by grabbing a corner)to something more readable and
    > then close it, to reset the default.
    >
    > Irwin
    >
    > --
    > Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    >
    > Etiquette - http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > About Profiles -
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
    > OE Quotefix - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    Sorry Irwin, my apologies. Your suggestion, - enlarging the box by
    grabbing a corner - only works for a little while, then we get the small
    2"x1/2" box again
    :-((
    Judy

  10. Re: Small browser

    Judy L wrote:
    >> Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig for
    >> further information. Thanks!
    >>
    >> I know that clicking on a link in TB will open an FF window (that has been
    >> minimized to the task bar) at the size and position of the last
    >> non-maximized setting. I suspect that the "default" non-maximized
    >> setting is the small box in the upper left of the screen. So I suggest
    >> you enlarge that box (by grabbing a corner)to something more readable and
    >> then close it, to reset the default.
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>
    >> --
    >> Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    >>
    >> Etiquette - http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >> About Profiles -
    >> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
    >> OE Quotefix - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    > Sorry Irwin, my apologies. Your suggestion, - enlarging the box by
    > grabbing a corner - only works for a little while, then we get the small
    > 2"x1/2" box again
    > :-((
    > Judy

    Can you clarify what you mean by "only works for a little while"?
    Minutes? Hours? Between shutdowns of FF?

    Try Clicking on the maximize button that should be visible in the small
    box and then shut down FF. When you restart FF how does it come up?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  11. Small browser

    >> Sorry Irwin, my apologies. Your suggestion, - enlarging the box by
    >> grabbing a corner - only works for a little while, then we get the small
    >> 2"x1/2" box again
    >> :-((
    >> Judy

    > Can you clarify what you mean by "only works for a little while"? Minutes?
    > Hours? Between shutdowns of FF?
    >
    > Try Clicking on the maximize button that should be visible in the small
    > box and then shut down FF. When you restart FF how does it come up?
    >
    > Irwin
    >
    > --
    > Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    Sorry again. When I maximize it after its been very tiny, I close it
    down, open it up and its ok. Then a few days later, I dont know just how
    many days, it occurs again, out of the blue. At first I think its just
    the pc being slow, takes me a while to realise it has actually opened, but
    very tiny, and in the left hand top screen. So I do the whole process
    again - maximise it, close down, and open up - and its the right size for a
    week or so.

    Judy

  12. Re: Small browser

    Judy L wrote:
    >>> Sorry Irwin, my apologies. Your suggestion, - enlarging the box by
    >>> grabbing a corner - only works for a little while, then we get the small
    >>> 2"x1/2" box again
    >>> :-((
    >>> Judy

    >> Can you clarify what you mean by "only works for a little while"? Minutes?
    >> Hours? Between shutdowns of FF?
    >>
    >> Try Clicking on the maximize button that should be visible in the small
    >> box and then shut down FF. When you restart FF how does it come up?
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>
    >> --
    >> Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    > Sorry again. When I maximize it after its been very tiny, I close it
    > down, open it up and its ok. Then a few days later, I dont know just how
    > many days, it occurs again, out of the blue. At first I think its just
    > the pc being slow, takes me a while to realise it has actually opened, but
    > very tiny, and in the left hand top screen. So I do the whole process
    > again - maximise it, close down, and open up - and its the right size for a
    > week or so.
    >
    > Judy

    About all I can think of is to close FF and then rename the the file
    compreg.dat in your profile. FF will recreate it on startup.

    Irwin