not responding??? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on not responding??? - Mozilla ; I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above statement window.... help I do everything from FF.... Maureen...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

  1. not responding???

    I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding and
    nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    statement window....
    help I do everything from FF....

    Maureen

  2. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:

    > I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding and
    > nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    > statement window....
    > help I do everything from FF....
    >
    > Maureen

    check your firewall settings and make sure its recognizing FF

    --
    Time for a change

  3. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:
    > I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding and
    > nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    > statement window....
    > help I do everything from FF....
    >
    > Maureen

    I think there is a problem with 1.5.0.1. I installed it and it got very
    sluggish -- virtually stopped working. Was using 99% of processor cycles.

    Reverted to 1.5 and everything OK. Then 1.5 autoinstalled the upgrade.
    Same problem again.

    Reverted again and reset options to not upgrade.

    If your installation is freezing, suggest reverting to 1.5.

  4. Re: not responding???

    gwtc wrote:
    > maureen wrote:
    >
    >> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >> statement window....
    >> help I do everything from FF....
    >>
    >> Maureen

    > check your firewall settings and make sure its recognizing FF

    nope!!! still not working!!!help!!please!!

    Thanks!!!

  5. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >> maureen wrote:
    >>
    >>> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >>> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >>> statement window....
    >>> help I do everything from FF....
    >>>
    >>> Maureen

    >> check your firewall settings and make sure its recognizing FF
    >>

    > nope!!! still not working!!!help!!please!!

    You could try a couple of things:
    1. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and check to see if you have multiple instances of
    FF running under processes. If so, end them all, and try again.

    2. Restart your computer - maybe something's screwy in memory.

  6. Re: not responding???

    On 2/3/2006 12:36 PM On a whim, maureen pounded out on the keyboard

    > I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding and
    > nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    > statement window....
    > help I do everything from FF....
    >
    > Maureen

    Hi Maureen,

    After trying what Ken suggested, try launching FF in Safe Mode. Look in
    the program folder of FF. If it starts that way, you may have an
    extension or theme problem.

    If that doesn't work, right-click on the Desktop shortcut and place a
    space and -p after the Target path (i.e. "E:\Program
    Files\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p )[your path may vary]. This will
    open the Profile Manager. Try creating a new profile to see if that
    helps. After you're done you can remove the space -p in the Target line,
    otherwise you'll get the Profile Manager every time you launch from that
    icon.

    --
    Terry

  7. Re: not responding???

    Terry wrote:
    > On 2/3/2006 12:36 PM On a whim, maureen pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >> statement window....
    >> help I do everything from FF....
    >>
    >> Maureen

    > Hi Maureen,
    >
    > After trying what Ken suggested, try launching FF in Safe Mode. Look in
    > the program folder of FF. If it starts that way, you may have an
    > extension or theme problem.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, right-click on the Desktop shortcut and place a
    > space and -p after the Target path (i.e. "E:\Program
    > Files\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p )[your path may vary]. This will
    > open the Profile Manager. Try creating a new profile to see if that
    > helps. After you're done you can remove the space -p in the Target line,
    > otherwise you'll get the Profile Manager every time you launch from that
    > icon.

    it's not working...help
    me!!!!

  8. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:
    > Terry wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/3/2006 12:36 PM On a whim, maureen pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >>> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >>> statement window....
    >>> help I do everything from FF....
    >>>
    >>> Maureen

    >> Hi Maureen,
    >>
    >> After trying what Ken suggested, try launching FF in Safe Mode. Look
    >> in the program folder of FF. If it starts that way, you may have an
    >> extension or theme problem.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't work, right-click on the Desktop shortcut and place a
    >> space and -p after the Target path (i.e. "E:\Program
    >> Files\Mozilla\Firefox\firefox.exe" -p )[your path may vary]. This will
    >> open the Profile Manager. Try creating a new profile to see if that
    >> helps. After you're done you can remove the space -p in the Target
    >> line, otherwise you'll get the Profile Manager every time you launch
    >> from that icon.
    >>

    > it's not working...help
    > me!!!!

    If you've done all of the above, and you're still having trouble, it may
    not be FF at all... Have you tried accessing web pages with another
    browser?

    What kind of connection do you have? Dial-up? Cable? DSL?

  9. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:
    > I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    > and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    > statement window....
    > help I do everything from FF....
    >
    > Maureen

    Maureen...you haven't told us which version of FF you are using...Pete

  10. Re: not responding???

    Pete wrote:
    > maureen wrote:
    >> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >> statement window....
    >> help I do everything from FF....
    >>
    >> Maureen

    > Maureen...you haven't told us which version of FF you are using...Pete

    I uninstalled 1.5.0. whatever and reinstalled the older one and nothing
    is working help me I use this for work and I love it...
    ie sucks!!!!!

  11. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >> maureen wrote:
    >>> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >>> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >>> statement window....
    >>> help I do everything from FF....
    >>>
    >>> Maureen

    >> Maureen...you haven't told us which version of FF you are
    >> using...Pete

    > I uninstalled 1.5.0. whatever and reinstalled the older one and
    > nothing is working help me I use this for work and I love it...
    > ie sucks!!!!!

    You're right Maureen...IE sucks. I used it for many years before switching
    to FF.

    I hate to sound repetitive here (since this may be a solution to many
    problems and has been mentioned before). But here is what I would do.
    Uninstall whatever version you have in add remove programs. Then manually
    deleted the Mozilla FF folder in windows explorer (this is important if it
    still has stuff left in it). Then download the FF setup executable (version
    1.5.0.1 is the latest) and save it someplace. Then double click it to
    install it. You may be pleasantly surprised...Pete

  12. Re: not responding???

    Pete wrote:
    > maureen wrote:
    >> Pete wrote:

    >>> Maureen...you haven't told us which version of FF you are
    >>> using...Pete

    >> I uninstalled 1.5.0. whatever and reinstalled the older one and
    >> nothing is working help me I use this for work and I love it...
    >> ie sucks!!!!!

    > You're right Maureen...IE sucks. I used it for many years before
    > switching to FF.
    >
    > I hate to sound repetitive here (since this may be a solution to many
    > problems and has been mentioned before). But here is what I would do.
    > Uninstall whatever version you have in add remove programs. Then
    > manually deleted the Mozilla FF folder in windows explorer (this is
    > important if it still has stuff left in it).

    Maureen...the Mozilla FF folder is in C:\program files - I'm sure you know
    that, but just wanted to make sure, and that was supposed to be "manually
    delete" it, not "manually deleted" it. Damn it, I hate it when that happens
    :-) :-) ...Pete

    Then download the FF
    > setup executable (version 1.5.0.1 is the latest) and save it someplace.
    > Then double click it to
    > install it. You may be pleasantly surprised...Pete

  13. Re: not responding???

    Jerry Park wrote:
    > maureen wrote:
    >> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >> statement window....
    >> help I do everything from FF....
    >>
    >> Maureen

    > I think there is a problem with 1.5.0.1. I installed it and it got very
    > sluggish -- virtually stopped working. Was using 99% of processor cycles.
    >
    > Reverted to 1.5 and everything OK. Then 1.5 autoinstalled the upgrade.
    > Same problem again.
    >
    > Reverted again and reset options to not upgrade.
    >
    > If your installation is freezing, suggest reverting to 1.5.

    Jerry,
    Try again, only this time, start the program in 'safe mode' from the
    start menu. If it works normally, try disabling your extensions to see
    which is causing your problem.

  14. Re: not responding???

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Jerry Park wrote:
    >> maureen wrote:
    >>> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >>> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >>> statement window....
    >>> help I do everything from FF....
    >>>
    >>> Maureen

    >> I think there is a problem with 1.5.0.1. I installed it and it got
    >> very sluggish -- virtually stopped working. Was using 99% of processor
    >> cycles.
    >>
    >> Reverted to 1.5 and everything OK. Then 1.5 autoinstalled the upgrade.
    >> Same problem again.
    >>
    >> Reverted again and reset options to not upgrade.
    >>
    >> If your installation is freezing, suggest reverting to 1.5.

    > Jerry,
    > Try again, only this time, start the program in 'safe mode' from the
    > start menu. If it works normally, try disabling your extensions to see
    > which is causing your problem.

    it still isn't working....
    i need help......safe mode or reg...

  15. Re: not responding???

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Jerry Park wrote:
    >> maureen wrote:
    >>> I didn't have any problem this morning and now I get not responding
    >>> and nothing will open just the window and it's frozen with the above
    >>> statement window....
    >>> help I do everything from FF....
    >>>
    >>> Maureen

    >> I think there is a problem with 1.5.0.1. I installed it and it got
    >> very sluggish -- virtually stopped working. Was using 99% of processor
    >> cycles.
    >>
    >> Reverted to 1.5 and everything OK. Then 1.5 autoinstalled the upgrade.
    >> Same problem again.
    >>
    >> Reverted again and reset options to not upgrade.
    >>
    >> If your installation is freezing, suggest reverting to 1.5.

    > Jerry,
    > Try again, only this time, start the program in 'safe mode' from the
    > start menu. If it works normally, try disabling your extensions to see
    > which is causing your problem.

    I need help neither version of ff is working safe or reg.
    I need this to work.. I have done everything, deleted the program file,
    uninstalled and reinstalled....nothing!!! help me!!!

  16. Re: not responding???

    maureen wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> Jerry Park wrote:

    >>> I think there is a problem with 1.5.0.1. I installed it and it got
    >>> very sluggish -- virtually stopped working. Was using 99% of
    >>> processor cycles.
    >>>
    >>> Reverted to 1.5 and everything OK. Then 1.5 autoinstalled the
    >>> upgrade. Same problem again.
    >>>
    >>> Reverted again and reset options to not upgrade.
    >>>
    >>> If your installation is freezing, suggest reverting to 1.5.

    >> Jerry,
    >> Try again, only this time, start the program in 'safe mode' from the
    >> start menu. If it works normally, try disabling your extensions to
    >> see which is causing your problem.

    > OH MY GOSH all of a sudden it loaded just like that....thank goodness I
    > hope it stays working......

    Are you on a cable or DSL connection? I've had outages with my cable
    where I could download and send mail, but I couldn't browse the web.
    Your situation sounds an awful lot like that.

  17. Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    maureen wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Jerry Park wrote:

    >>> I think there is a problem with 1.5.0.1. I installed it and it got
    >>> very sluggish -- virtually stopped working. Was using 99% of
    >>> processor cycles.
    >>>
    >>> Reverted to 1.5 and everything OK. Then 1.5 autoinstalled the
    >>> upgrade. Same problem again.
    >>>
    >>> Reverted again and reset options to not upgrade.
    >>>
    >>> If your installation is freezing, suggest reverting to 1.5.

    >> Jerry,
    >> Try again, only this time, start the program in 'safe mode' from the
    >> start menu. If it works normally, try disabling your extensions to
    >> see which is causing your problem.

    > I need help neither version of ff is working safe or reg.
    > I need this to work.. I have done everything, deleted the program file,
    > uninstalled and reinstalled....nothing!!! help me!!!

    Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/

    Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your machine;
    install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?

    Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  18. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > maureen wrote:
    >> Ron Hunter wrote:

    >>> Jerry,
    >>> Try again, only this time, start the program in 'safe mode' from
    >>> the start menu. If it works normally, try disabling your
    >>> extensions to see which is causing your problem.

    >> I need help neither version of ff is working safe or reg.
    >> I need this to work.. I have done everything, deleted the program
    >> file, uninstalled and reinstalled....nothing!!! help me!!!

    > Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/
    >
    > Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your
    > machine; install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?
    >
    > Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing yesterday
    (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).

    I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the threads -
    since you have repeated me before in other threads or said things that were
    already answered in other threads in the past. I think you guys are great
    but I always try to read *all* the other messages in the threads so not to
    be repetetive with someone else. If you look, I very specifically addressed
    this in my two posts in this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    > Irwin

  19. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >> Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/
    >>
    >> Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your
    >> machine; install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?
    >>
    >> Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    > You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing yesterday
    > (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >
    > I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the threads -
    > since you have repeated me before in other threads or said things that were
    > already answered in other threads in the past. I think you guys are great
    > but I always try to read *all* the other messages in the threads so not to
    > be repetetive with someone else. If you look, I very specifically addressed
    > this in my two posts in this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    With the snipping policy on this server, it's very time consuming to
    look at all previous posts. Also with the length of some of the threads
    and the many sub threads, it takes a lot of time to "read ahead" before
    responding to a post. Finally, there are many times when I have been
    composing a reply at nearly the same time as someone else is posting
    essentially the same reply. That's life and let's not waste more
    bandwidth discussing it.

    BTW, what response did you get to your two posts?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  20. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/
    >>>
    >>> Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your
    >>> machine; install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?
    >>>
    >>> Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    >> You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >> yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>
    >> I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >> threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >> things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >> think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >> messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >> look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >> this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    > With the snipping policy on this server, it's very time consuming to
    > look at all previous posts. Also with the length of some of the
    > threads and the many sub threads, it takes a lot of time to "read
    > ahead" before responding to a post. Finally, there are many times
    > when I have been composing a reply at nearly the same time as someone
    > else is posting essentially the same reply. That's life and let's
    > not waste more bandwidth discussing it.
    >
    > BTW, what response did you get to your two posts?
    >
    > Irwin

    None (I was going to tell you that but didn't bother) - and it kind of
    pisses me off because I was really trying to help the lady. Anyway she says
    she's got it running now but doesn't know why (one person thought it might
    have been her cable). But you would have needed to read that in another
    part of the thread :-).

    I understand what you just said Irwin, and you guys (esp. the champions like
    Lee and Chris) are trying to answer a lot of posts and it may be more
    appropriate to just respond in some cases, but it may also be useful to read
    some of the others (sometimes) just to see the other trains of thought,
    etc - and you may end up learning something :-) . BTW even before the
    snipping, you couldn't see the whole thread anyway because of all the damn
    subthreads (if you follow me). Take care...Pete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast