not responding??? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on not responding??? - Mozilla ; Terry wrote: > On 2/4/2006 4:57 PM On a whim, Pete pounded out on the keyboard > >> Irwin Greenwald wrote: >>> maureen wrote: >>>> Ron Hunter wrote: >>>>> Jerry Park wrote: >>>>>> maureen wrote: >>>>>>> I didn't have any ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

  1. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Terry wrote:
    > On 2/4/2006 4:57 PM On a whim, Pete pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/
    >>>
    >>> Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your
    >>> machine; install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?
    >>>
    >>> Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    >> You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >> yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>
    >> I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >> threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >> things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >> think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >> messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >> look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >> this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete
    >>>

    >>> Irwin

    > Pete,
    >
    > If you follow the threads, you will see Irwin responded to a different
    > branch of the thread. There were 4 of them (gwtc, Jerry Park, me, and
    > then you) that branched off of the original. So it isn't uncommon for
    > someone to follow a different part of the thread.

    I don't see why if you want to get a good appreciation of the whole
    picture, and maybe get another point of view,etc.

  2. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    > Terry wrote:

    >>> You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >>> yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>>
    >>> I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >>> threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >>> things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >>> think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >>> messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >>> look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >>> this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    >> Pete,
    >>
    >> If you follow the threads, you will see Irwin responded to a different
    >> branch of the thread. There were 4 of them (gwtc, Jerry Park, me, and
    >> then you) that branched off of the original. So it isn't uncommon for
    >> someone to follow a different part of the thread.

    > I don't see why if you want to get a good appreciation of the whole
    > picture, and maybe get another point of view,etc.

    Thus far today, I've read 60+ posts in this newsgroup, some of which
    required running some test in FF, have responded to half a dozen, with
    another 40+ to go, plus 80 in TB. Very frankly Pete, you're beginning
    to be annoying.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  3. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    "Pete" wrote in
    :

    > Terry wrote:
    >> If you follow the threads, you will see Irwin responded to a
    >> different branch of the thread. There were 4 of them (gwtc, Jerry
    >> Park, me, and then you) that branched off of the original. So it
    >> isn't uncommon for someone to follow a different part of the
    >> thread.

    > I don't see why if you want to get a good appreciation of the
    > whole picture, and maybe get another point of view,etc.

    Note also that in the branch of the thread in which Irwin recommended
    deleting the Fx folder and reinstalling, the earlier step of trying
    safe mode had been tried and had failed. You recommended deleting the
    folder before that had been tried, but it's a better idea to try safe
    mode first to help find out whether or not there's a problem with the
    profile rather than the exe folder.

    Elsewhere in this thread you said you got pissed off when you didn't
    get a response to your attempt to help. If you really find that
    irritating, you might want to step back a bit. Sometimes helpful posts
    get replies, sometimes not, and it's never anything to get worked up
    about. People may benefit from helpful posts even though they don't
    reply. People who are not even posting anything to the group may
    benefit. In the immortal words of Eek the cat, "It never hurts to
    help!"

  4. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:

    /snip/

    > Here we go again. You guys are always right and I am always wrong. I say
    > thank you over and over again and I still get crap back (just like the old
    > Tbird days). Please no more piling on. You guys all stick together like
    > glue.

    Pete, if you want help with problems, I suggest not biting the hand that
    feeds you.

    These groups are very high traffic, many posts to look at, and, with no
    snipping, it can take a long, long time, to go back over every post in a
    thread, and see what has been suggested and what hasn't.

    I help out in nearly 100 newsgroups, and some web forums as well. Its
    not as easy as you seem to think.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  5. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    > /snip/
    >
    >> Here we go again. You guys are always right and I am always wrong. I say
    >> thank you over and over again and I still get crap back (just
    >> like the old Tbird days). Please no more piling on. You guys all
    >> stick together like glue.
    >>

    > Pete, if you want help with problems, I suggest not biting the hand
    > that feeds you.
    >
    > These groups are very high traffic, many posts to look at, and, with
    > no snipping, it can take a long, long time, to go back over every
    > post in a thread, and see what has been suggested and what hasn't.
    >
    > I help out in nearly 100 newsgroups, and some web forums as well. Its
    > not as easy as you seem to think.
    >
    > Lee

    We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time I
    say something that is not in accordance with all of your rules I get
    blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very specifically thank
    everyone each time I respond to a response to one of my inquiries. I guess
    I will have to look for one of the development type groups or somewhere
    else (but chances are wherever I go you same people will be in there).

    You guys have a monopoly, so I am screwed if I need help for FF like you
    said. I should be able to express an opinion once in a while without
    getting blasted from all sides. I knew it was going to happen and it did,
    so I have to weigh every damn thing I say hoping it is okay. It's not
    right. I am not a bad person and do appreciate all of your time and efforts
    (from all of you).

    Pete

  6. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Pete wrote:
    >>
    >> /snip/
    >>
    >>> Here we go again. You guys are always right and I am always wrong. I say
    >>> thank you over and over again and I still get crap back (just
    >>> like the old Tbird days). Please no more piling on. You guys all
    >>> stick together like glue.
    >>>

    >> Pete, if you want help with problems, I suggest not biting the hand
    >> that feeds you.
    >>
    >> These groups are very high traffic, many posts to look at, and, with
    >> no snipping, it can take a long, long time, to go back over every
    >> post in a thread, and see what has been suggested and what hasn't.
    >>
    >> I help out in nearly 100 newsgroups, and some web forums as well. Its
    >> not as easy as you seem to think.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time I
    > say something that is not in accordance with all of your rules I get
    > blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very specifically thank
    > everyone each time I respond to a response to one of my inquiries. I guess
    > I will have to look for one of the development type groups or somewhere
    > else (but chances are wherever I go you same people will be in there).
    >
    > You guys have a monopoly, so I am screwed if I need help for FF like you
    > said. I should be able to express an opinion once in a while without
    > getting blasted from all sides. I knew it was going to happen and it did,
    > so I have to weigh every damn thing I say hoping it is okay. It's not
    > right. I am not a bad person and do appreciate all of your time and efforts
    > (from all of you).
    >
    > Pete

    Yo, easy, Pete! Nobody's picking on you. You suggested people re-read
    us. Take the answer and move one. People are eventually going to get a
    bit testy if you keep on about something that's been answered.

    Relax, no one is trying to chase you away. Get a little bit thicker
    skin. Life is easier that way. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  7. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >>> Pete wrote:
    >>>
    >>> /snip/

    >>> Pete, if you want help with problems, I suggest not biting the hand
    >>> that feeds you.
    >>>
    >>> These groups are very high traffic, many posts to look at, and, with
    >>> no snipping, it can take a long, long time, to go back over every
    >>> post in a thread, and see what has been suggested and what hasn't.
    >>>
    >>> I help out in nearly 100 newsgroups, and some web forums as well.
    >>> Its not as easy as you seem to think.
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time
    >> I say something that is not in accordance with all of
    >> your rules I get blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very
    >> specifically thank everyone each time I respond to a response to one
    >> of my inquiries. I guess I will have to look for one of the
    >> development type groups or somewhere else (but chances are wherever
    >> I go you same people will be in there). You guys have a monopoly, so I am
    >> screwed if I need help for FF like
    >> you said. I should be able to express an opinion once in a while
    >> without getting blasted from all sides. I knew it was going to
    >> happen and it did, so I have to weigh every damn thing I say hoping
    >> it is okay. It's not right. I am not a bad person and do
    >> appreciate all of your time and efforts (from all of you).
    >>
    >> Pete
    >>

    > Yo, easy, Pete! Nobody's picking on you. You suggested people
    > re-read previous posts and got an answer why that's not practical for
    > some of us. Take the answer and move one. People are eventually
    > going to get a bit testy if you keep on about something that's been
    > answered.
    > Relax, no one is trying to chase you away. Get a little bit thicker
    > skin. Life is easier that way. ;-)

    Thanks Ed...I will hang low for a while. I do like FF so much better than
    IE :-) ...Pete

  8. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >>Pete wrote:

    >>>You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >>>yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>>
    >>>I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >>>threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >>>things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >>>think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >>>messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >>>look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >>>this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    >>With the snipping policy on this server, it's very time consuming to
    >>look at all previous posts. Also with the length of some of the
    >>threads and the many sub threads, it takes a lot of time to "read
    >>ahead" before responding to a post. Finally, there are many times
    >>when I have been composing a reply at nearly the same time as someone
    >>else is posting essentially the same reply. That's life and let's
    >>not waste more bandwidth discussing it.
    >>
    >>BTW, what response did you get to your two posts?
    >>
    >>Irwin

    > None (I was going to tell you that but didn't bother) - and it kind of
    > pisses me off because I was really trying to help the lady. Anyway she says
    > she's got it running now but doesn't know why (one person thought it might
    > have been her cable). But you would have needed to read that in another
    > part of the thread :-).
    >
    > I understand what you just said Irwin, and you guys (esp. the champions like
    > Lee and Chris) are trying to answer a lot of posts and it may be more
    > appropriate to just respond in some cases, but it may also be useful to read
    > some of the others (sometimes) just to see the other trains of thought,
    > etc - and you may end up learning something :-) . BTW even before the
    > snipping, you couldn't see the whole thread anyway because of all the damn
    > subthreads (if you follow me). Take care...Pete

    Its a little hard to do when you're set up to View New Messages only.
    Otherwise, you'd have to set it for View All Messages, Threaded and
    find the required thread. If there wasn't a snipping policy, then we
    wouldn't have this problem.

    --
    Time for a change

  9. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >>maureen wrote:

    >>>I need help neither version of ff is working safe or reg.
    >>>I need this to work.. I have done everything, deleted the program
    >>>file, uninstalled and reinstalled....nothing!!! help me!!!

    >>Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/
    >>
    >>Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your
    >>machine; install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?
    >>
    >>Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    > You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing yesterday
    > (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >
    > I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the threads -
    > since you have repeated me before in other threads or said things that were
    > already answered in other threads in the past. I think you guys are great
    > but I always try to read *all* the other messages in the threads so not to
    > be repetetive with someone else. If you look, I very specifically addressed
    > this in my two posts in this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete
    >

    >>Irwin

    This has happened to me many times. I suggest something, and later --
    hours or days later -- someone else says the exact samething and the
    OP replied to them and they got all the credit for being right. I
    just get a life and move on to the next problem.

    --
    Time for a change

  10. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    [SNIP]

    > We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time I
    > say something that is not in accordance with all of your rules I get
    > blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very specifically thank
    > everyone each time I respond to a response to one of my inquiries. I guess
    > I will have to look for one of the development type groups or somewhere
    > else (but chances are wherever I go you same people will be in there).

    Well, if you go to the developers groups, then they'll sure tell you
    where to go. Those groups are for developers only, not user support help.

    [SNIP]

    --
    Time for a change

  11. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    gwtc wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    > [SNIP]
    >>
    >> We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time
    >> I say something that is not in accordance with all of
    >> your rules I get blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very
    >> specifically thank everyone each time I respond to a response to one
    >> of my inquiries. I guess I will have to look for one of the
    >> development type groups or somewhere else (but chances are wherever
    >> I go you same people will be in there).

    > Well, if you go to the developers groups, then they'll sure tell you
    > where to go. Those groups are for developers only, not user support
    > help.

    You are absolutely wrong about that. I used to go to them six months ago to
    check them out and they had more users in them then non users and Chris and
    Lee said you shouldn't use them because they were for development, but a lot
    of users were in there anyway. So there.

    Now don't start up on my again. I just thanked Ed for his nice comment and
    you start up again.

  12. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    gwtc wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Download 1.5.0.1 http://www.mozilla.com/
    >>>
    >>> Close FF; uninstall it; delete the program folder, restart your
    >>> machine; install FF 1.5.0.1. Does it work now?
    >>>
    >>> Program Folder is in C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

    >> You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >> yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>
    >> I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >> threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >> things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >> think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >> messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >> look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >> this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete
    >>>

    >>> Irwin

    > This has happened to me many times. I suggest something, and later --
    > hours or days later -- someone else says the exact samething and the
    > OP replied to them and they got all the credit for being right. I
    > just get a life and move on to the next problem.

    Are you saying I don't have a life. What kind of life do you have sitting
    in front of the computer all day and night answering FF and Tbird questions
    in god knows how many newsgroups. I was trying to let this drop but you
    guys are starting on me again so I will defend myself. Go ahead everyone
    else pile on.

  13. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Pete wrote:
    >>[SNIP]
    >>
    >>>We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time
    >>>I say something that is not in accordance with all of
    >>>your rules I get blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very
    >>>specifically thank everyone each time I respond to a response to one
    >>>of my inquiries. I guess I will have to look for one of the
    >>>development type groups or somewhere else (but chances are wherever
    >>>I go you same people will be in there).

    >>Well, if you go to the developers groups, then they'll sure tell you
    >>where to go. Those groups are for developers only, not user support
    >>help.

    > You are absolutely wrong about that. I used to go to them six months ago to
    > check them out and they had more users in them then non users and Chris and
    > Lee said you shouldn't use them because they were for development, but a lot
    > of users were in there anyway. So there.
    >
    > Now don't start up on my again. I just thanked Ed for his nice comment and
    > you start up again.

    which developers groups are you talking about? The ones that start
    with netscape.public.mozilla.*? If yes, then those *were* for the
    developers only, but the end users flooded those groups with
    questions, that the developers abandoned them. The developers are now
    at mozilla.dev.* and those are strickly for developers only, and not
    for end users or support questions.

    --
    Time for a change

  14. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Pete wrote:

    >>>You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >>>yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>>
    >>>I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >>>threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >>>things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >>>think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >>>messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >>>look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >>>this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    >>This has happened to me many times. I suggest something, and later --
    >>hours or days later -- someone else says the exact samething and the
    >>OP replied to them and they got all the credit for being right. I
    >>just get a life and move on to the next problem.

    > Are you saying I don't have a life. What kind of life do you have sitting
    > in front of the computer all day and night answering FF and Tbird questions
    > in god knows how many newsgroups. I was trying to let this drop but you
    > guys are starting on me again so I will defend myself. Go ahead everyone
    > else pile on.

    well right now you're sitting there complaining how you made a
    suggestion and later someone else made the same suggestion. So what!
    Move on! Thats what get a life means -- move on!

    --
    Time for a change

  15. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    gwtc wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> With the snipping policy on this server, it's very time consuming to
    >>> look at all previous posts. Also with the length of some of the
    >>> threads and the many sub threads, it takes a lot of time to "read
    >>> ahead" before responding to a post. Finally, there are many times
    >>> when I have been composing a reply at nearly the same time as someone
    >>> else is posting essentially the same reply. That's life and let's
    >>> not waste more bandwidth discussing it.
    >>>
    >>> BTW, what response did you get to your two posts?
    >>>
    >>> Irwin

    >> None (I was going to tell you that but didn't bother) - and it kind of
    >> pisses me off because I was really trying to help the lady. Anyway
    >> she says she's got it running now but doesn't know why (one person
    >> thought it might have been her cable). But you would have needed to
    >> read that in another part of the thread :-).
    >>
    >> I understand what you just said Irwin, and you guys (esp. the
    >> champions like Lee and Chris) are trying to answer a lot of posts and
    >> it may be more appropriate to just respond in some cases, but it may
    >> also be useful to read some of the others (sometimes) just to see the
    >> other trains of thought, etc - and you may end up learning something
    >> :-) . BTW even before the snipping, you couldn't see the whole thread
    >> anyway because of all the damn subthreads (if you follow me). Take
    >> care...Pete
    >>

    > Its a little hard to do when you're set up to View New Messages only.
    > Otherwise, you'd have to set it for View All Messages, Threaded and
    > find the required thread. If there wasn't a snipping policy, then we
    > wouldn't have this problem.

    Threads With Unread (rather than Unread)works fine.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  16. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Pete wrote:

    >>> You and me are together on this and I just said the same thing
    >>> yesterday (and also in other threads in the past - as you have).
    >>>
    >>> I have asked you this before - do you only read some parts of the
    >>> threads - since you have repeated me before in other threads or said
    >>> things that were already answered in other threads in the past. I
    >>> think you guys are great but I always try to read *all* the other
    >>> messages in the threads so not to be repetetive with someone else. If you
    >>> look, I very specifically addressed this in my two posts in
    >>> this thread (2/3/06 - 10:04pm and 10;11pm)...Pete

    >> This has happened to me many times. I suggest something, and later --
    >> hours or days later -- someone else says the exact samething and the
    >> OP replied to them and they got all the credit for being right. I
    >> just get a life and move on to the next problem.

    > Are you saying I don't have a life. What kind of life do you have sitting
    > in front of the computer all day and night answering FF and Tbird questions
    > in god knows how many newsgroups. I was trying to let this drop but you
    > guys are starting on me again so I will defend myself. Go ahead everyone
    > else pile on.

    Pete, you are starting to take harmless comments way too personally
    here. I did not read gw's comment as being "piling on", rather, I
    thought he was sympathizing with you.

    Lets step back and move on. If you want to discuss it further with me,
    I think its time to take this to email.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  17. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    gwtc wrote:

    > which developers groups are you talking about? The ones that start
    > with netscape.public.mozilla.*? If yes, then those *were* for the
    > developers only, but the end users flooded those groups with
    > questions, that the developers abandoned them. The developers are now
    > at mozilla.dev.* and those are strickly for developers only, and not
    > for end users or support questions.

    Not to flog a dead horse more than absolutely necessary (or at least
    enjoyable), but what idiot thought that putting 'public' in the group name
    rather than 'developers' was a good idea?[1] And, having attracted a lot of
    users who figured that since they were the public the group was for them, how
    difficult would it have been to change the name? They're DEVELOPERS, for
    chrissake, they should have been able to deal with a namechange...

    Fortunately, somebody learned a useful lesson.

    [1] Yeah, I know what they meant, but it didn't quite work out that way.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The early bird gets the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.

  18. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Pete wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Pete wrote:
    >> [SNIP]
    >>> We have been through this before Lee, six months ago in Tbird. Every time
    >>> I say something that is not in accordance with all of
    >>> your rules I get blasted, but yet I am usually very polite and very
    >>> specifically thank everyone each time I respond to a response to one
    >>> of my inquiries. I guess I will have to look for one of the
    >>> development type groups or somewhere else (but chances are wherever
    >>> I go you same people will be in there).

    >> Well, if you go to the developers groups, then they'll sure tell you
    >> where to go. Those groups are for developers only, not user support
    >> help.

    > You are absolutely wrong about that. I used to go to them six months ago to
    > check them out and they had more users in them then non users and Chris and
    > Lee said you shouldn't use them because they were for development, but a lot
    > of users were in there anyway. So there.
    >
    > Now don't start up on my again. I just thanked Ed for his nice comment and
    > you start up again.

    Pete, those old servers were originally for developers only but, over
    time, were usurped by users. As gwtc noted, the devs mostly abandoned
    them. The new groups were created, in part, to fix that problem, which
    arose from an unfortunate naming decision of "public". Believe me, if
    users start posting on those new groups the devs most assuredly will not
    go away, the users will be (at first) politely directed to these groups.

    Now, take ten deep breaths and call me in the morning. :-D

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

  19. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    Ed Mullen wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:
    >>> Pete wrote:
    >>> [SNIP]
    >>> Well, if you go to the developers groups, then they'll sure tell you
    >>> where to go. Those groups are for developers only, not user support
    >>> help.

    >> You are absolutely wrong about that. I used to go to them six
    >> months ago to check them out and they had more users in them then
    >> non users and Chris and Lee said you shouldn't use them because they
    >> were for development, but a lot of users were in there anyway. So
    >> there. Now don't start up on my again. I just thanked Ed for his nice
    >> comment and you start up again.
    >>

    > Pete, those old servers were originally for developers only but, over
    > time, were usurped by users. As gwtc noted, the devs mostly abandoned
    > them. The new groups were created, in part, to fix that problem,
    > which arose from an unfortunate naming decision of "public". Believe
    > me, if users start posting on those new groups the devs most
    > assuredly will not go away, the users will be (at first) politely
    > directed to these groups.
    > Now, take ten deep breaths and call me in the morning. :-D

    How about 10 deep breaths and 10 beers :-):-) .

  20. Re: Blank space on bottom of FF1.5 window.

    "Pete" wrote in
    :

    > Now don't start up on my again.

    Well, you stated your intention to take user issues to the developer
    groups, an idea that really can't be discouraged too strongly. One of
    the reasons for the recent, much-needed reorganization was that the dev
    groups had been rendered useless to devs for the most part by people
    doing exactly what you said you propose doing again.

    For the good of all the Mozilla projects, it's important that the devs
    can have their discussions and carry on their work in the open without
    having to wade through a lot of off-topic user issues or other noise.
    So please don't take it there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast