Warning: unresponsive script - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Warning: unresponsive script - Mozilla ; I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as my home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get this message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive script. ...

  1. Warning: unresponsive script

    I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as my
    home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get this
    message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive script. I
    click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every time I try to
    use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

  2. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    Ian Mackinnon wrote:
    > I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as my
    > home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get this
    > message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive script. I
    > click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every time I try to
    > use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

    This isn't any help, but it works fine here. XPSP2, Fx 1.5.0.1 Adblock
    and NoScript

    ken

  3. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    Ian Mackinnon wrote, On 2/3/2006 11:17 AM:
    > I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as my
    > home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get this
    > message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive script. I
    > click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every time I try to
    > use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

    I don't have any trouble accessing that page.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1)
    Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1

  4. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    Ian Mackinnon wrote:
    > I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as my
    > home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get this
    > message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive script. I
    > click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every time I try to
    > use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

    No problems here with the page
    Firefox 1.5 (mac) javascript and java enabled, no blocking
    extensions/software.

  5. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    Ian Mackinnon wrote:
    > I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as my
    > home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get this
    > message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive script. I
    > click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every time I try to
    > use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

    What Operating System? Is this the only site that causes you a problem?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  6. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    I am using windows xp home and it's happening with tsn.ca and google.ca as
    well.

    "Irwin Greenwald" wrote in message
    > Ian Mackinnon wrote:
    >> I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as
    >> my home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get
    >> this message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive
    >> script. I click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every
    >> time I try to use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

    > What Operating System? Is this the only site that causes you a problem?
    >
    > Irwin
    >
    > --
    > Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    >
    > Etiquette - http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    > About Profiles -
    > http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
    > OE Quotefix - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

  7. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    Ian Mackinnon wrote:
    > I am using windows xp home and it's happening with tsn.ca and google.ca as
    > well.
    >
    > "Irwin Greenwald" wrote in message
    >> Ian Mackinnon wrote:
    >>> I recently updated firefox to 1.5.0.1 and I use http://www.cbc.ca/ as
    >>> my home page I had no problems before bur as soon as I upgraded I get
    >>> this message when I try to load up the browser, Warning: unresponsive
    >>> script. I click on stops script and it loads fine. this happens every
    >>> time I try to use firefox it is beginning to be a pain in the ass.

    >> What Operating System? Is this the only site that causes you a problem?
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>
    >> --
    >> Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    >>
    >> Etiquette - http://www.mozilla.org/community/etiquette.html
    >> About Profiles -
    >> http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingree...0Profiles.html
    >> OE Quotefix - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

    Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig for
    further information. Thanks.

    Have you tried Starting FF in Safe Mode:
    Start>>All Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Start in Safe Mode to see if you
    have an incompatible extension or theme?

    Irwin
    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  8. Re: Warning: unresponsive script

    > Please bottom post in these newsgroups. See "Etiquette" in my sig for
    > further information. Thanks.
    >
    > Have you tried Starting FF in Safe Mode:
    > Start>>All Programs>>Mozilla Firefox>>Start in Safe Mode to see if you
    > have an incompatible extension or theme?

    Sorry about top posting. It is a bad habit of mine.

    I started FF in safe mode and it seemed to do the trick. It seemed to fixed
    a few problems. I tried to download NoScript before and it did not work. I
    do not know what the problems were, but it seems to be running fine now.
    Thanks for your help.

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread