Problems with FF rendering a Web Page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Problems with FF rendering a Web Page - Mozilla ; I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only* some *birth* databases for each state ...

  1. Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my genealogy
    research. For most states in the U.S. they have several databases such as
    births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only* some *birth* databases
    for each state that won't render. For California if you chose *1905-1995
    births* you will ultimately be transfered through other pages until you
    get to "Begin Search/Reset". Clicking on that link *should* take you to a
    window where you can enter information vital to your search: surname,
    given1 name, etc.

    The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken back to
    the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.

    The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .

    I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they assured
    me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser". With IE it
    all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births databases.

    I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.

    Don

  2. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote, On 2/2/2006 11:00 AM:
    > The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    > subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    > As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .

    Tried it using the username and password above, and it won't take them.

  3. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:

    > I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my genealogy
    > research. For most states in the U.S. they have several databases such as
    > births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only* some *birth* databases
    > for each state that won't render. For California if you chose *1905-1995
    > births* you will ultimately be transfered through other pages until you
    > get to "Begin Search/Reset". Clicking on that link *should* take you to a
    > window where you can enter information vital to your search: surname,
    > given1 name, etc.
    >
    > The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    > "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken back to
    > the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >
    > The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    > subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    > As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >
    > I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they assured
    > me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser". With IE it
    > all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births databases.
    >
    > I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >
    > Don

    I tried it and I got lost. Very confusing setup.

    --
    Time for a change

  4. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    gwtc wrote:
    > Don Nickell wrote:
    >
    >> I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    >> genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    >> databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    >> some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For
    >> California if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be
    >> transfered through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset".
    >> Clicking on that link *should* take you to a window where you can
    >> enter information vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >>
    >> The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    >> "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken
    >> back to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >>
    >> The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    >> subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    >> As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >>
    >> I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    >> assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    >> With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    >> databases.
    >>
    >> I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >>
    >> Don

    > I tried it and I got lost. Very confusing setup.

    I'm not surprised. I had to compoze that message several times then get
    my wife to follow it. She couldn't either. But thanks for trying.

  5. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Ken Wagner wrote:
    > Don Nickell wrote, On 2/2/2006 11:00 AM:
    >> The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    >> subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    >> As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >>

    > Tried it using the username and password above, and it won't take them.

    Gad what a flaky site! I just tried with the above and it was OK. I'd
    drop them in a second except they are the best source for California
    records for me.

    Thanks for trying.

    Don

  6. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    > genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    > databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    > some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For California
    > if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be transfered
    > through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset". Clicking on
    > that link *should* take you to a window where you can enter information
    > vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >
    > The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    > "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken back
    > to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >
    > The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    > subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    > As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >
    > I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    > assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    > With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    > databases.
    >
    > I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >
    > Don

    I was able to get in (the username should be all lowercase), but it only
    asked for the surname then gave me a page that I couldn't do anything
    with so I quit.

  7. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    On 02-02-2006 18:00 CET, Don Nickell composed this enchanting statement:
    > I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    > genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    > databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    > some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For
    > California if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be
    > transfered through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset".
    > Clicking on that link *should* take you to a window where you can
    > enter information vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >
    > The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    > "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken
    > back to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >
    > The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    > subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    > As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >
    > I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    > assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    > With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    > databases.
    >
    > I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >
    > Don

    Nice quiz. It seems to be working fine here on MacOS. So you can rule
    out activeX.

    this is the search result:
    http://www.vitalsearch-ca.com/gen/_n...rths-nopsm.htm

    it lists births, 692 of them, in CA 1900-199x with surname nickell.

    :-)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  8. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 02-02-2006 18:00 CET, Don Nickell composed this enchanting statement:
    >> I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    >> genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    >> databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    >> some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For
    >> California if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be
    >> transfered through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset".
    >> Clicking on that link *should* take you to a window where you can
    >> enter information vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >>
    >> The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    >> "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken
    >> back to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >>
    >> The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    >> subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    >> As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >>
    >> I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    >> assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    >> With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    >> databases.
    >>
    >> I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >>
    >> Don

    > Nice quiz. It seems to be working fine here on MacOS. So you can rule
    > out activeX.
    >
    > this is the search result:
    > http://www.vitalsearch-ca.com/gen/_n...rths-nopsm.htm
    >
    > it lists births, 692 of them, in CA 1900-199x with surname nickell.
    >
    > :-)

    Congratulations Melchert! :-D I've never used a Mac, started on the job
    with PCs and just never tried anything else. Did you have a case problem
    as Ken mentioned? I had tried it just before posting the query and
    thought I'd block copied it into the message body. :-\

  9. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    > genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    > databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    > some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For California
    > if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be transfered
    > through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset". Clicking on
    > that link *should* take you to a window where you can enter information
    > vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >
    > The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    > "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken back
    > to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >
    > The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    > subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    > As a guest use: User: *vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >
    > I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    > assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    > With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    > databases.
    >
    > I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >
    > Don

    Thanks to all who responded to this message.

    Now, why would NS, Mac and IE render this (explicative deleted) Web Page
    and FF doesn't? :-\

    Don

  10. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >> On 02-02-2006 18:00 CET, Don Nickell composed this enchanting statement:
    >>> I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    >>> genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    >>> databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    >>> some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For
    >>> California if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be
    >>> transfered through other pages until you get to "Begin
    >>> Search/Reset". Clicking on that link *should* take you to a window
    >>> where you can enter information vital to your search: surname, given1
    >>> name, etc.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    >>> "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken
    >>> back to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >>>
    >>> The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    >>> subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    >>> As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >>>
    >>> I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    >>> assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    >>> With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    >>> databases.
    >>>
    >>> I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any
    >>> help.
    >>>
    >>> Don

    >> Nice quiz. It seems to be working fine here on MacOS. So you can rule
    >> out activeX.
    >>
    >> this is the search result:
    >> http://www.vitalsearch-ca.com/gen/_n...rths-nopsm.htm
    >>

    >> it lists births, 692 of them, in CA 1900-199x with surname nickell.
    >>
    >> :-)
    >>

    > Congratulations Melchert! :-D I've never used a Mac, started on the job
    > with PCs and just never tried anything else. Did you have a case
    > problem as Ken mentioned? I had tried it just before posting the query
    > and thought I'd block copied it into the message body. :-\

    I can confirm Melchert, it works on Mac OSX 10.4.4 on both SeaMonkey 1.0
    and FF 1.5.0.1. (I'm so glad the FF developers saw fit to require so
    mant keystrokes!)

    I could swear I've been at this site before on XP, looking for ACW
    information and it worked.

    Most problems of this nature are not OS specific, though I will check
    Windows this weekend.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  11. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    > genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    > databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    > some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For California
    > if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be transfered
    > through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset". Clicking on
    > that link *should* take you to a window where you can enter information
    > vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >
    > The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    > "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken back
    > to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >
    > The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    > subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    > As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >
    > I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    > assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    > With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    > databases.
    >
    > I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >
    > Don

    You might look into the extension 'IE Tab'. It will let you use the IE
    rendering engine within a FF tab, and even set that URL to always use
    that engine. Great extension, and even works with the new IE7B2
    version. CAUTION, it is presumably subject to any other IE security
    problem IE would be subject to, so keep your AV and Firewall on, and
    keep your OS updates current.

  12. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Don Nickell wrote:
    >> Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    >>> On 02-02-2006 18:00 CET, Don Nickell composed this enchanting statement:

    >>> Nice quiz. It seems to be working fine here on MacOS. So you can rule
    >>> out activeX.
    >>>
    >>> this is the search result:
    >>> http://www.vitalsearch-ca.com/gen/_n...rths-nopsm.htm
    >>>

    >>> it lists births, 692 of them, in CA 1900-199x with surname nickell.
    >>>
    >>> :-)
    >>>

    >> Congratulations Melchert! :-D I've never used a Mac, started on the
    >> job with PCs and just never tried anything else. Did you have a case
    >> problem as Ken mentioned? I had tried it just before posting the
    >> query and thought I'd block copied it into the message body. :-\

    > I can confirm Melchert, it works on Mac OSX 10.4.4 on both SeaMonkey 1.0
    > and FF 1.5.0.1. (I'm so glad the FF developers saw fit to require so
    > mant keystrokes!)

    I *assume* you are being a bit sarcastic about keystrokes there Lee, but
    that's a side of you I've never seen.

    > I could swear I've been at this site before on XP, looking for ACW
    > information and it worked.
    >
    > Most problems of this nature are not OS specific, though I will check
    > Windows this weekend.
    >
    > Lee

    You have probably been on this site before. Last year sometime I posted
    the same query before I'd heard about FF 1.5. I posted again because I
    would have thought that FF would have caught up with some of the more
    *necessary* features of NS/IE by now. I'm not trying to be sarcastic,
    just noting again what my initial post's concern was.

    ACW information? What's *ACW*?

    I see a lot of problems here with FF 1.5.0.1 but I've proved to be so
    inept at dealing with FF and TB I'm not about to upgrade until *little
    people* quit posting about problems. It's totally different for you Champs
    and pseudo-Champs.

    I started a thread on the MozillaZine site about just that, I wondered how
    Mozilla could ever hope to come above (say) 25% of the market when it's so
    difficult to keep FF/TB healthy on a home computer with no help. I have
    several acquaintances involved in genealogy that I've coerced over to
    FF/TB (trying to spread the word) that have given and gone back to IE/OE
    because they just can't do little things. We've heard from several in
    that category here in the past week or so.

    Don

  13. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Don Nickell wrote:
    >> I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    >> genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    >> databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    >> some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For
    >> California if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be
    >> transfered through other pages until you get to "Begin Search/Reset".
    >> Clicking on that link *should* take you to a window where you can
    >> enter information vital to your search: surname, given1 name, etc.
    >>
    >> The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    >> "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken
    >> back to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >>
    >> The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    >> subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    >> As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >>
    >> I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    >> assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    >> With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    >> databases.
    >>
    >> I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any help.
    >>
    >> Don

    > You might look into the extension 'IE Tab'. It will let you use the IE
    > rendering engine within a FF tab, and even set that URL to always use
    > that engine. Great extension, and even works with the new IE7B2
    > version. CAUTION, it is presumably subject to any other IE security
    > problem IE would be subject to, so keep your AV and Firewall on, and
    > keep your OS updates current.

    Ron, I just tried it, and again ineptness reared it's ugly head! :-(

    Win98SE; FF 1.5 Gecko/20051111

    It didn't do a damned thing for me! But I guess I don't know what I'm doing:
    1) Installed OK;
    be opened.

    What more could be necessary? The Advanced optoins were confusing:

    1) "Always view in IE mode" In other words never use FF mode? That makes
    on sense.

    2) "Close tab/window after reload" Reload what, FF or *IE Tab*? There was
    no Tab, as in *Tab Browsing*! Again makes no sense.

  14. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    ACW, American Civil War.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  15. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Don Nickell wrote:

    >>> Congratulations Melchert! :-D I've never used a Mac, started on the
    >>> job with PCs and just never tried anything else. Did you have a case
    >>> problem as Ken mentioned? I had tried it just before posting the
    >>> query and thought I'd block copied it into the message body. :-\

    >> I can confirm Melchert, it works on Mac OSX 10.4.4 on both SeaMonkey
    >> 1.0 and FF 1.5.0.1. (I'm so glad the FF developers saw fit to
    >> require so mant keystrokes!)

    > I *assume* you are being a bit sarcastic about keystrokes there Lee, but
    > that's a side of you I've never seen.
    >

    >> I could swear I've been at this site before on XP, looking for ACW
    >> information and it worked.
    >>
    >> Most problems of this nature are not OS specific, though I will check
    >> Windows this weekend.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > You have probably been on this site before. Last year sometime I posted
    > the same query before I'd heard about FF 1.5. I posted again because I
    > would have thought that FF would have caught up with some of the more
    > *necessary* features of NS/IE by now. I'm not trying to be sarcastic,
    > just noting again what my initial post's concern was.
    >
    > ACW information? What's *ACW*?
    >
    > I see a lot of problems here with FF 1.5.0.1 but I've proved to be so
    > inept at dealing with FF and TB I'm not about to upgrade until *little
    > people* quit posting about problems. It's totally different for you
    > Champs and pseudo-Champs.
    >
    > I started a thread on the MozillaZine site about just that, I wondered
    > how Mozilla could ever hope to come above (say) 25% of the market when
    > it's so difficult to keep FF/TB healthy on a home computer with no
    > help. I have several acquaintances involved in genealogy that I've
    > coerced over to FF/TB (trying to spread the word) that have given and
    > gone back to IE/OE because they just can't do little things. We've
    > heard from several in that category here in the past week or so.
    >
    > Don

    You mean because they didn't like to learn a new way to do things, or
    because something they used didn't work the same? Often people discard
    the new just because it isn't like the old, and they don't want to
    change the way they do things. Very often the new way is better, but it
    is different, so they don't give it a chance. It was a year before I
    ventured into using tabs, and now don't want to be without them, even
    though I don't use them heavily.

  16. Re: Problems with FF rendering a Web Page

    Don Nickell wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Don Nickell wrote:
    >>> I'm having problems with FF rendering a page I visit often in my
    >>> genealogy research. For most states in the U.S. they have several
    >>> databases such as births, deaths, marriages. It appears that *only*
    >>> some *birth* databases for each state that won't render. For
    >>> California if you chose *1905-1995 births* you will ultimately be
    >>> transfered through other pages until you get to "Begin
    >>> Search/Reset". Clicking on that link *should* take you to a window
    >>> where you can enter information vital to your search: surname, given1
    >>> name, etc.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is that with FF 1.0.7, 1.0, or 1.5 that when you click on
    >>> "Begin Search/Reset" (for births *only*) you are immediately taken
    >>> back to the "index" page. I never had problems with NS.
    >>>
    >>> The URL is http://www.vitalsearch-worldwide.com/ . They require a
    >>> subscription so you'll need the typical Username/PW.
    >>> As a guest use: User: *Vitalguest* and PW of *enjoy* .
    >>>
    >>> I've asked them if they are using ActiveX in their coding and they
    >>> assured me they aren't and that I "... should use another browser".
    >>> With IE it all goes smoothly so I have to use it just for the births
    >>> databases.
    >>>
    >>> I know it will be a pain to try this but I would appreciate for any
    >>> help.
    >>>
    >>> Don

    >> You might look into the extension 'IE Tab'. It will let you use the
    >> IE rendering engine within a FF tab, and even set that URL to always
    >> use that engine. Great extension, and even works with the new IE7B2
    >> version. CAUTION, it is presumably subject to any other IE security
    >> problem IE would be subject to, so keep your AV and Firewall on, and
    >> keep your OS updates current.

    > Ron, I just tried it, and again ineptness reared it's ugly head! :-(
    >
    > Win98SE; FF 1.5 Gecko/20051111
    >
    > It didn't do a damned thing for me! But I guess I don't know what I'm
    > doing:
    > 1) Installed OK;
    > to be opened.
    >
    > What more could be necessary? The Advanced optoins were confusing:
    >
    > 1) "Always view in IE mode" In other words never use FF mode? That
    > makes on sense.
    >
    > 2) "Close tab/window after reload" Reload what, FF or *IE Tab*? There
    > was no Tab, as in *Tab Browsing*! Again makes no sense.

    IE Tab will look no different from any other FF page, except there will
    be an IE icon in the lower right of the status line for that site. You
    just go to the page you want rendered by IE, and right-click, and select
    'view in IE-TAB'. The page will be reloaded and rendered by the IE
    engine. You can have various tabs with mixed rendering engines, and can
    set a particular page to always render with IE. Even MS Update page
    works.
    Note that security may be compromised depending on your IE settings.

+ Reply to Thread