Task bar probs... - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Task bar probs... - Mozilla ; My taskbar has set itself at a double height and I am unable to drag it back down to a single height. Had this problem with previous version of FF, but decided to see if there is a cure. Can ...

  1. Task bar probs...

    My taskbar has set itself at a double height and I am unable to drag it
    back down to a single height. Had this problem with previous version of
    FF, but decided to see if there is a cure. Can get the double-ended
    arrow (taskbar is not locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down.
    A related problem, perhaps - also do not have the gray bar running
    across the bottom of the screen (shows "Done" or displays progress of
    current page loading. Any idea's on how to get that feature back? And
    how to drop that taskbar back to a single height?

    TIA,
    Fred

  2. Re: Task bar probs...

    Fred wrote:
    > My taskbar has set itself at a double height and I am unable to drag it
    > back down to a single height. Had this problem with previous version of
    > FF, but decided to see if there is a cure. Can get the double-ended
    > arrow (taskbar is not locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down.
    > A related problem, perhaps - also do not have the gray bar running
    > across the bottom of the screen (shows "Done" or displays progress of
    > current page loading. Any idea's on how to get that feature back? And
    > how to drop that taskbar back to a single height?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Fred

    OK...should have waited about 5 mins more before sending that post -
    "View"/"Status Bar" solved the missing gray bar...now for the task bar
    problem...

    Fred

  3. Re: Task bar probs...

    T-bird Leader Fred radioed the tower , on :

    > My taskbar has set itself at a double height and I am unable to drag it
    > back down to a single height. Had this problem with previous version of
    > FF, but decided to see if there is a cure. Can get the double-ended
    > arrow (taskbar is not locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down.
    > A related problem, perhaps - also do not have the gray bar running
    > across the bottom of the screen (shows "Done" or displays progress of
    > current page loading. Any idea's on how to get that feature back? And
    > how to drop that taskbar back to a single height?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Fred

    Check your View menu. Lists Toolbar, Status Bar (yours is missing), and
    Sidebar.

    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

  4. Re: Task bar probs...

    Fred wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    >> My taskbar has set itself at a double height and I am unable to drag
    >> it back down to a single height. Had this problem with previous
    >> version of FF, but decided to see if there is a cure. Can get the
    >> double-ended arrow (taskbar is not locked...), but cannot drag the
    >> rascal back down. A related problem, perhaps - also do not have the
    >> gray bar running across the bottom of the screen (shows "Done" or
    >> displays progress of current page loading. Any idea's on how to get
    >> that feature back? And how to drop that taskbar back to a single height?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Fred

    > OK...should have waited about 5 mins more before sending that post -
    > "View"/"Status Bar" solved the missing gray bar...now for the task bar
    > problem...
    >
    > Fred

    View>>Toolbars>>Customize at screen bottom, check "use small icons"

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  5. Re: Task bar probs...

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    >> Fred wrote:
    >>> My taskbar has set itself at a double height and I am unable to drag
    >>> it back down to a single height. Had this problem with previous
    >>> version of FF, but decided to see if there is a cure. Can get the
    >>> double-ended arrow (taskbar is not locked...), but cannot drag the
    >>> rascal back down. A related problem, perhaps - also do not have the
    >>> gray bar running across the bottom of the screen (shows "Done" or
    >>> displays progress of current page loading. Any idea's on how to get
    >>> that feature back? And how to drop that taskbar back to a single height?
    >>>
    >>> TIA,
    >>> Fred

    >> OK...should have waited about 5 mins more before sending that post -
    >> "View"/"Status Bar" solved the missing gray bar...now for the task bar
    >> problem...
    >>
    >> Fred

    > View>>Toolbars>>Customize at screen bottom, check "use small icons"
    >
    > Irwin

    Already using small icons...

    Wondering perhaps if I'm in the wrong newsgroup - wouldn't taskbar
    problems be more correctly addressed in an XP users group? Taskbar is a
    Windows function, not FF....

    Gonna wander off to an XP users group and try again. Thanks for the
    help - nice to have the status bar back, tho!

    Again, tks!!
    Fred

  6. Re: Task bar probs...

    T-bird Leader Fred radioed the tower , on :

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >> Fred wrote:

    >>> OK...should have waited about 5 mins more before sending that post -
    >>> "View"/"Status Bar" solved the missing gray bar...now for the task
    >>> bar problem...
    >>>
    >>> Fred

    >> View>>Toolbars>>Customize at screen bottom, check "use small icons"
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > Already using small icons...
    >
    > Wondering perhaps if I'm in the wrong newsgroup - wouldn't taskbar
    > problems be more correctly addressed in an XP users group? Taskbar is a
    > Windows function, not FF....
    >
    > Gonna wander off to an XP users group and try again. Thanks for the
    > help - nice to have the status bar back, tho!
    >
    > Again, tks!!
    > Fred

    Are you asking about the Windows task bar at he bottom of the monitor
    screen? If so then you are right to take it to an XP group.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

  7. Re: Task bar probs...

    Ron K. wrote:
    > T-bird Leader Fred radioed the tower , on :
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> View>>Toolbars>>Customize at screen bottom, check "use small icons"
    >>>
    >>> Irwin
    >>>

    >> Already using small icons...
    >>
    >> Wondering perhaps if I'm in the wrong newsgroup - wouldn't taskbar
    >> problems be more correctly addressed in an XP users group? Taskbar is
    >> a Windows function, not FF....
    >>
    >> Gonna wander off to an XP users group and try again. Thanks for the
    >> help - nice to have the status bar back, tho!
    >>
    >> Again, tks!!
    >> Fred

    > Are you asking about the Windows task bar at he bottom of the monitor
    > screen? If so then you are right to take it to an XP group.

    Sheesh! Just grab the separator at the top of the enlarged taskbar and
    pull it down!

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  8. Re: Task bar probs...

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > Ron K. wrote:
    >> T-bird Leader Fred radioed the tower , on :

    >>> Already using small icons...
    >>>
    >>> Wondering perhaps if I'm in the wrong newsgroup - wouldn't taskbar
    >>> problems be more correctly addressed in an XP users group? Taskbar
    >>> is a Windows function, not FF....
    >>>
    >>> Gonna wander off to an XP users group and try again. Thanks for the
    >>> help - nice to have the status bar back, tho!
    >>>
    >>> Again, tks!!
    >>> Fred

    >> Are you asking about the Windows task bar at he bottom of the monitor
    >> screen? If so then you are right to take it to an XP group.
    >>

    > Sheesh! Just grab the separator at the top of the enlarged taskbar and
    > pull it down!
    >
    > Irwin

    "Sheesh!" yourself - did you READ my original post or just speed-read
    it?!! Quote: "Can get the double-ended arrow (taskbar is not
    locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down."

    But, thanks, just the same...

    Fred

  9. Re: Task bar probs...

    Fred wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> T-bird Leader Fred radioed the tower , on :

    >>> Are you asking about the Windows task bar at he bottom of the monitor
    >>> screen? If so then you are right to take it to an XP group.
    >>>

    >> Sheesh! Just grab the separator at the top of the enlarged taskbar
    >> and pull it down!
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > "Sheesh!" yourself - did you READ my original post or just speed-read
    > it?!! Quote: "Can get the double-ended arrow (taskbar is not
    > locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down."
    >
    > But, thanks, just the same...
    >

    > Fred

    Is that with FF open or closed? If open, try it with it closed. If
    closed, why did you post it here?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  10. Re: Task bar probs...

    Fred wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> Ron K. wrote:
    >>> T-bird Leader Fred radioed the tower , on :

    >>> Are you asking about the Windows task bar at he bottom of the monitor
    >>> screen? If so then you are right to take it to an XP group.
    >>>

    >> Sheesh! Just grab the separator at the top of the enlarged taskbar
    >> and pull it down!
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > "Sheesh!" yourself - did you READ my original post or just speed-read
    > it?!! Quote: "Can get the double-ended arrow (taskbar is not
    > locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down."
    >
    > But, thanks, just the same...
    >

    > Fred

    Fred,
    Try locking, then unlocking the taskbar. If no joy, reboot. WinXP
    does have a few bugs, you know....

  11. Re: Task bar probs...cured...

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Fred wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Sheesh! Just grab the separator at the top of the enlarged taskbar
    >>> and pull it down!
    >>>
    >>> Irwin
    >>>

    >> "Sheesh!" yourself - did you READ my original post or just speed-read
    >> it?!! Quote: "Can get the double-ended arrow (taskbar is not
    >> locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down."
    >>
    >> But, thanks, just the same...
    >>

    >> Fred

    > Fred,
    > Try locking, then unlocking the taskbar. If no joy, reboot. WinXP
    > does have a few bugs, you know....

    Thanks for helping. Did find the problem was that the "end margin" for
    the taskbar had gotten so far over to the right it had caused another
    tier to appear. Only had to grab the "end margin" and drag it back to
    the right end of the Q/L area and release it. An annoying problem with
    a simple cure, but not so obvious to me.

    Thanks to all who offered advice!
    Fred

  12. Re: Task bar probs...cured...

    Fred wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> Fred wrote:

    >>> "Sheesh!" yourself - did you READ my original post or just speed-read
    >>> it?!! Quote: "Can get the double-ended arrow (taskbar is not
    >>> locked...), but cannot drag the rascal back down."
    >>>
    >>> But, thanks, just the same...
    >>>

    >>> Fred

    >> Fred,
    >> Try locking, then unlocking the taskbar. If no joy, reboot. WinXP
    >> does have a few bugs, you know....

    > Thanks for helping. Did find the problem was that the "end margin" for
    > the taskbar had gotten so far over to the right it had caused another
    > tier to appear. Only had to grab the "end margin" and drag it back to
    > the right end of the Q/L area and release it. An annoying problem with
    > a simple cure, but not so obvious to me.
    >
    > Thanks to all who offered advice!
    > Fred

    I don't have the quicklaunch menu on the taskbar. I have moved it to
    the left side of the screen. But not many people seem to know you can
    do this....

+ Reply to Thread