media plugins not happening - Mozilla

This is a discussion on media plugins not happening - Mozilla ; I just don't get it. I had the first version of Firefox and couldn't get Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media Player to work as plugins in the Firefox browser. I just downloaded and installed the latest Firefox updated browser, ...

  1. media plugins not happening

    I just don't get it. I had the first version of Firefox and couldn't get
    Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media Player to work as plugins in
    the Firefox browser. I just downloaded and installed the latest Firefox
    updated browser, and I still have the same problem.

    I'm running Windows XP Media Center on a 1st generation P4 (1.3 GHZ)
    with 640MB RAM. The file system is NTFS.

    Why won't the plugins install?

    Stoney

  2. Re: media plugins not happening

    mercy4all wrote:

    > I just don't get it. I had the first version of Firefox and couldn't get
    > Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media Player to work as plugins in
    > the Firefox browser. I just downloaded and installed the latest Firefox
    > updated browser, and I still have the same problem.
    >
    > I'm running Windows XP Media Center on a 1st generation P4 (1.3 GHZ)
    > with 640MB RAM. The file system is NTFS.
    >
    > Why won't the plugins install?
    >
    > Stoney

    Close FF, then find these files on your hard-drive and copy them over
    to your Firefox Plugin Directory located within the program directory:

    QT:
    npqtplugin.dll
    npqtplugin2.dll
    npqtplugin3.dll

    Real Player:
    nprjplug.dll
    nppl3260.dll
    nprpjplug.dll

    WMP:
    npwmsdrm.dll
    npdrmv2.dll
    npdsplay.dll

    I think those are all the files you need.

+ Reply to Thread