Page File Keeps Growing - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Page File Keeps Growing - Mozilla ; I don't know if this is a Firefox or Thunderbird problem, so I'll take a chance and cross-post. I upgraded last week from FF 1.06 to 1.50 and TB 1.0x to 1.50. Since then, I keep getting Page File Expansion ...

  1. Page File Keeps Growing

    I don't know if this is a Firefox or Thunderbird problem, so I'll take a
    chance and cross-post.

    I upgraded last week from FF 1.06 to 1.50 and TB 1.0x to 1.50. Since
    then, I keep getting Page File Expansion messages, and my page file
    grows to around 1.2gb. I can kill FF and TB, but the page file remains
    huge; the only way I can restore a normal page file is to reboot the PC
    with the XP Home (SP2) that I use and start over. I have not been able
    to isolate the source of the problem. In 4.5 yrs, I have never had this
    problem, and my use remains constant. Any ideas?

    Alan, Houston

  2. Re: Page File Keeps Growing

    AFleer wrote:
    > I don't know if this is a Firefox or Thunderbird problem, so I'll take a
    > chance and cross-post.
    >
    > I upgraded last week from FF 1.06 to 1.50 and TB 1.0x to 1.50. Since
    > then, I keep getting Page File Expansion messages, and my page file
    > grows to around 1.2gb. I can kill FF and TB, but the page file remains
    > huge; the only way I can restore a normal page file is to reboot the PC
    > with the XP Home (SP2) that I use and start over. I have not been able
    > to isolate the source of the problem. In 4.5 yrs, I have never had this
    > problem, and my use remains constant. Any ideas?
    >
    > Alan, Houston

    I think you got appropriate answers in the other group.

    Note the distinction between cross posting and multi posting. Cross
    posting is posting one message to multiple newsgroups, within one post.

    Multi posting is posting the same message to multiple newsgroups in
    multiple posts.

    What you seem to have done here is multi post. Both are contra indicated
    by the Posting Etiquette, as linked in my sig.

    Just pick a group on this server, If there is a better group, some
    helpful soul will tell you.

    Forgive me for using this as a soapbox. I hope everything is working now.

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/