Rescuing Bookmarks from corrupt file - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Rescuing Bookmarks from corrupt file - Mozilla ; My Firefox has started acting strangly. For a start, it won't open and I get a message saying Firefox.exe has an error and do I want to notify Microsoft. I think the easiest way forward is to remove the fila ...

  1. Rescuing Bookmarks from corrupt file

    My Firefox has started acting strangly. For a start, it won't open and I get
    a message saying Firefox.exe has an error and do I want to notify Microsoft.
    I think the easiest way forward is to remove the fila and reinatall. But can
    I rescue my Bookmarks file to use with the newly installed version? Remember
    I can't export the Bookmarks, because I can't open Firefox.
    bill.

  2. Re: Rescuing Bookmarks from corrupt file

    _Bill Stapleton_ spoke thusly on 18/01/2006 6:10 PM:
    > My Firefox has started acting strangly. For a start, it won't open and I get
    > a message saying Firefox.exe has an error and do I want to notify Microsoft.
    > I think the easiest way forward is to remove the fila and reinatall. But can
    > I rescue my Bookmarks file to use with the newly installed version? Remember
    > I can't export the Bookmarks, because I can't open Firefox.

    Do you have any extensions installed? In Windows, try using:
    Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode)
    --
    Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    Mozilla Help

  3. Re: Rescuing Bookmarks from corrupt file

    i solved it. I copied the Bookmarks file just in case, then removed Firefox
    using Add/Remove and reinstalled. My old Bookmarks were they on the newly
    installed version!
    Bill.
    "Chris Ilias" wrote in message
    news:UdOdnZVrT7hwUlPenZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@mozilla.org. ..
    > _Bill Stapleton_ spoke thusly on 18/01/2006 6:10 PM:
    >> My Firefox has started acting strangly. For a start, it won't open and I
    >> get a message saying Firefox.exe has an error and do I want to notify
    >> Microsoft. I think the easiest way forward is to remove the fila and
    >> reinatall. But can I rescue my Bookmarks file to use with the newly
    >> installed version? Remember I can't export the Bookmarks, because I can't
    >> open Firefox.

    > Do you have any extensions installed? In Windows, try using:
    > Start -> All Programs -> Mozilla Firefox -> Mozilla Firefox(Safe Mode)
    > --
    > Chris Ilias - Mozilla Champion
    > (Please do not email me tech support questions)
    > Mozilla Help
    > Netscape 7 Help

+ Reply to Thread