Manually mark links as visited - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Manually mark links as visited - Mozilla ; Is there a way to manually mark links as visited? I know about the extension LinkVisitor[1] but it appears to have been abandoned and will not work in FF 1.5. Does anyone know of a way (some other extension or ...

  1. Manually mark links as visited

    Is there a way to manually mark links as visited?

    I know about the extension LinkVisitor[1] but it appears to have been
    abandoned and will not work in FF 1.5.

    Does anyone know of a way (some other extension or bookmarklet) that can
    do this?

    Thanks.

    [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

    --
    DC

    My Constitution includes Section 33. I am not making this up.

  2. Re: Manually mark links as visited

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:04:28 -0600, DC wrote:

    >Is there a way to manually mark links as visited?
    >
    >I know about the extension LinkVisitor[1] but it appears to have been
    >abandoned and will not work in FF 1.5.
    >
    >Does anyone know of a way (some other extension or bookmarklet) that can
    >do this?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

    I am using the last release of LinkVisitor, but had to 'tweak' it to
    install on FF 1.5. You can unzip the .xpi and edit the install.rdf
    file. Look for the following section:

    {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    1.0
    1.0

    and change the

    1.0
    1.5

    There is also some utility that will bump the maxVersion value for
    you, but I do not recall what it is called. Maybe someone else will
    provide that.

  3. Re: Manually mark links as visited

    Ernie wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:04:28 -0600, DC wrote:

    >>Is there a way to manually mark links as visited?

    >>I know about the extension LinkVisitor[1] but it appears to have been
    >>abandoned and will not work in FF 1.5.

    >>Does anyone know of a way (some other extension or bookmarklet) that can
    >>do this?

    >>Thanks.

    >>[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

    > I am using the last release of LinkVisitor, but had to 'tweak' it to
    > install on FF 1.5. You can unzip the .xpi and edit the install.rdf
    > file. Look for the following section:

    > {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    > 1.0
    > 1.0
    >

    > and change the

    > 1.0
    > 1.5

    > There is also some utility that will bump the maxVersion value for
    > you, but I do not recall what it is called. Maybe someone else will
    > provide that.

    Thanks, I'll try it! No ill effects, I presume?

    --
    DC

    My Constitution includes Section 33. I am not making this up.

  4. Re: Manually mark links as visited

    Ernie wrote:
    > On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:04:28 -0600, DC wrote:

    >>Is there a way to manually mark links as visited?

    >>I know about the extension LinkVisitor[1] but it appears to have been
    >>abandoned and will not work in FF 1.5.

    >>Does anyone know of a way (some other extension or bookmarklet) that can
    >>do this?

    >>Thanks.

    >>[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

    > I am using the last release of LinkVisitor, but had to 'tweak' it to
    > install on FF 1.5. You can unzip the .xpi and edit the install.rdf
    > file. Look for the following section:

    > {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    > 1.0
    > 1.0
    >

    > and change the

    > 1.0
    > 1.5

    > There is also some utility that will bump the maxVersion value for
    > you, but I do not recall what it is called. Maybe someone else will
    > provide that.

    Seems to be working fine. Thanks a lot, Ernie. Neat tip.

    --
    DC

    My Constitution includes Section 33. I am not making this up.

  5. Re: Manually mark links as visited

    On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:31:51 -0600, DC wrote:

    >Ernie wrote:
    >> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:04:28 -0600, DC wrote:

    >>>Is there a way to manually mark links as visited?

    >>>I know about the extension LinkVisitor[1] but it appears to have been
    >>>abandoned and will not work in FF 1.5.

    >>>Does anyone know of a way (some other extension or bookmarklet) that can
    >>>do this?

    >>>Thanks.

    >>>[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=firefox

    >> I am using the last release of LinkVisitor, but had to 'tweak' it to
    >> install on FF 1.5. You can unzip the .xpi and edit the install.rdf
    >> file. Look for the following section:

    >> {ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}
    >> 1.0
    >> 1.0
    >>

    >> and change the

    >> 1.0
    >> 1.5

    >> There is also some utility that will bump the maxVersion value for
    >> you, but I do not recall what it is called. Maybe someone else will
    >> provide that.

    >Thanks, I'll try it! No ill effects, I presume?

    Nothing yet ... been using this tweaked LinkVisitor installation since
    12/16/2005 on FF 1.5. Constantly using Mark All Visited when catching
    on my RSS feeds.

+ Reply to Thread