Failure to download files from Internet. - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Failure to download files from Internet. - Mozilla ; Yesterday, I have just downloaded and installed new Mozilla Firefox 1.8a5 and then I can not download any more application from Internet. Firefox 1.5 was the one I run every day without this kind of problem: BLUE TOP BAR OF ...

  1. Failure to download files from Internet.

    Yesterday, I have just downloaded and installed new Mozilla Firefox
    1.8a5 and then I can not download any more application from Internet.
    Firefox 1.5 was the one I run every day without this kind of problem:

    BLUE TOP BAR OF ERROR WINDOW:
    Downloading C:\DOCUME˜1\1\CONFIG˜1\Temp\filename_to_download.e xe
    Error description:
    C:\DOCUME˜1\1\CONFIG˜1\Temp\filename_to_download.e xe could not be saved,
    because
    the source file could not be read.

    PREFERENCES SETTINGS:

    Navigator-Applications: application/x-msdownload (default), i.e.:
    Extension(s): exe.
    When encountered: Save these
    files to disk.

    Navigator-Downloads: 1st try: Open the download manager
    2nd try: Open a progress dialog

    Advanced-Proxies: Direct connection to the Internet

    Dou you know what could It be the failure.

    I also did quick installation option and I lost old bookmarks (a lot)
    made with IE and previous releases of Firefox.

    I installed too IE-Tab but I checked It can not work because this
    application does not find iexplore.exe. Reason: 1 Year ago I uninstalled
    MS-IExplorer.

    I hope a help from you.
    Kind regards.
    Florentino

  2. Re: Failure to download files from Internet.

    Florentino wrote:

    > Yesterday, I have just downloaded and installed new Mozilla Firefox
    > 1.8a5 and then I can not download any more application from Internet.
    > Firefox 1.5 was the one I run every day without this kind of problem:
    >
    > BLUE TOP BAR OF ERROR WINDOW:
    > Downloading C:\DOCUME˜1\1\CONFIG˜1\Temp\filename_to_download.e xe
    > Error description:
    > C:\DOCUME˜1\1\CONFIG˜1\Temp\filename_to_download.e xe could not be saved,
    > because
    > the source file could not be read.
    >
    > PREFERENCES SETTINGS:
    >
    > Navigator-Applications: application/x-msdownload (default), i.e.:
    > Extension(s): exe.
    > When encountered: Save these
    > files to disk.
    >
    > Navigator-Downloads: 1st try: Open the download manager
    > 2nd try: Open a progress dialog

    Open the Download Manager and delete everything in there. Tools, Downloads

    > Advanced-Proxies: Direct connection to the Internet
    >
    > Dou you know what could It be the failure.
    >
    > I also did quick installation option and I lost old bookmarks (a lot)
    > made with IE and previous releases of Firefox.
    >
    > I installed too IE-Tab but I checked It can not work because this
    > application does not find iexplore.exe. Reason: 1 Year ago I uninstalled
    > MS-IExplorer.

    My Guess: you need Internet Explorer for this application to work.

    > I hope a help from you.
    > Kind regards.
    > Florentino

+ Reply to Thread