Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup? - Mozilla ; Matt Nordhoff wrote: > John Corliss wrote: >> >> Thanks Stig, but I already know that the first one is for reading an >> RSS feed ("live bookmark"). I only have one live feed in my bookmarks >> at this ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

  1. Re: Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup?

    Matt Nordhoff wrote:
    > John Corliss wrote:
    >>
    >> Thanks Stig, but I already know that the first one is for reading an
    >> RSS feed ("live bookmark"). I only have one live feed in my bookmarks
    >> at this point, and blocking the second address doesn't seem to cause
    >> any problems.

    > You sure? You haven't bookmarked Ubuntu anywhere, and couldn't have
    > accidentally made a live bookmark?

    That's it!!! I had bookmarked the following:

    http://www.ubuntulinux.org/search_rs...CenterGlossary

    which now fails to load anyway (I just removed the filter rule from
    Kerio and restarted Firefox). I didn't notice that it was a live feed. I
    will delete that link.

    Many thanks! 80)>

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

  2. Re: Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup?

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> John Corliss wrote:

    >>> I did indeed do this before posting. Got no hits:
    >>>
    >>> "Your search - "82.211.81.166" - did not match any documents."
    >>> "Your search - "signey.ubuntu.com" - did not match any documents."
    >>>

    >> here is your culprit at
    >>
    >> http://www.coolwhois.com/d/82.211.81.166
    >>
    >> and this is the other one.... the same person, seems that this one has
    >> been deleted from the web
    >> http://www.coolwhois.com/d/signey.ubuntu.com
    >>
    >> reg

    > http://signey.ubuntu.com/ works just fine.

    Jay,
    Turns out it was a live feed bookmark I'd made to Ubuntu
    documentation. I hadn't noticed that it was a live feed. My thanks to
    Matt Nordhoff for pointing out the possibility. And my thanks to you for
    trying!

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

  3. Re: Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup?

    On 01/17/06 06:28, John Corliss wrote:
    > That's it!!! I had bookmarked the following:
    >
    > http://www.ubuntulinux.org/search_rs...CenterGlossary
    >

    > which now fails to load anyway (I just removed the filter rule from
    > Kerio and restarted Firefox). I didn't notice that it was a live feed. I
    > will delete that link.
    >
    > Many thanks! 80)>

    Glad you've got it worked out. You're welcome. :-)
    --
    Yay!

  4. [OT] Re: Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup?

    On 01/17/06 06:08, John Corliss wrote:
    > Copy Plain Text 0.3.2
    > MR Tech Local Install 4.0
    > Nuke Anyting Enhanced 0.53
    > PDF Download 0.6
    > PrefBar 3.2.2
    > Print Preview 0.5.1
    > Tab Mix Plus 0.2.5.2
    > TinyUrl Creator 1.0.1

    Just to say, Tab Mix Plus is up to 0.3 now.

    ()
    --
    Yay!

  5. Re: Why is Mozilla calling this address at startup?