View Cookies Window - Mozilla

This is a discussion on View Cookies Window - Mozilla ; For what its worth, I don't care for the new and improved cookies window in FF 1.5. I would prefer the older versions. You can no longer remove "bunches of cookies" by using the shift button, therefore you have to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  1. View Cookies Window

    For what its worth, I don't care for the new and improved cookies window in
    FF 1.5. I would prefer the older versions.

    You can no longer remove "bunches of cookies" by using the shift button,
    therefore you have to remove them one at a time, and I don't want to remove
    them all because I will lose my zipcode settings for various things that are
    "in between" in the list. I don't particularly care for the folders either
    (something else to click on), but I guess they thought it was saving
    scrolling, dunno.

    Anyway is there a way to delete bunches or groups of the cookie folders by
    highlighting them. I don't see it. Thanks...Pete

  2. Re: View Cookies Window

    On 01/15/06 17:59, Pete wrote:
    > For what its worth, I don't care for the new and improved cookies window in
    > FF 1.5. I would prefer the older versions.
    >
    > You can no longer remove "bunches of cookies" by using the shift button,
    > therefore you have to remove them one at a time, and I don't want to remove
    > them all because I will lose my zipcode settings for various things that are
    > "in between" in the list. I don't particularly care for the folders either
    > (something else to click on), but I guess they thought it was saving
    > scrolling, dunno.
    >
    > Anyway is there a way to delete bunches or groups of the cookie folders by
    > highlighting them. I don't see it. Thanks...Pete

    Type . (a period) into the Search box, and it will get rid of the
    folders and you will be able to select multiple cookies with Shift. :-)
    --
    Yay!

  3. Re: View Cookies Window

    Matt Nordhoff wrote:
    > On 01/15/06 17:59, Pete wrote:
    >> For what its worth, I don't care for the new and improved cookies
    >> window in FF 1.5. I would prefer the older versions.
    >>
    >> You can no longer remove "bunches of cookies" by using the shift
    >> button, therefore you have to remove them one at a time, and I don't
    >> want to remove them all because I will lose my zipcode settings for
    >> various things that are "in between" in the list. I don't
    >> particularly care for the folders either (something else to click
    >> on), but I guess they thought it was saving scrolling, dunno.
    >>
    >> Anyway is there a way to delete bunches or groups of the cookie
    >> folders by highlighting them. I don't see it. Thanks...Pete

    > Type . (a period) into the Search box, and it will get rid of the
    > folders and you will be able to select multiple cookies with Shift.
    > :-)

    Gee...thanks Matt. Now how was I supposed to know that (it is not covered
    in the FF help), and where would you go to find out something like that
    other than ask here, which I did. I mentioned many months ago that the help
    in FF (older versions back then, but it is still similar) is no where near
    as comprehensive as IE, but yet FF is far superior to IE in most other
    areas. Does anyone know if mozilla is working on a more comprehensive help
    system (with detailed index like IE's), or is this considered bloating, and
    unnecessary...Pete

  4. Re: View Cookies Window

    Pete wrote:

    > Matt Nordhoff wrote:
    >
    >>On 01/15/06 17:59, Pete wrote:
    >>
    >>>For what its worth, I don't care for the new and improved cookies
    >>>window in FF 1.5. I would prefer the older versions.
    >>>
    >>>You can no longer remove "bunches of cookies" by using the shift
    >>>button, therefore you have to remove them one at a time, and I don't
    >>>want to remove them all because I will lose my zipcode settings for
    >>>various things that are "in between" in the list. I don't
    >>>particularly care for the folders either (something else to click
    >>>on), but I guess they thought it was saving scrolling, dunno.
    >>>
    >>>Anyway is there a way to delete bunches or groups of the cookie
    >>>folders by highlighting them. I don't see it. Thanks...Pete

    >>Type . (a period) into the Search box, and it will get rid of the
    >>folders and you will be able to select multiple cookies with Shift.
    >>:-)

    > Gee...thanks Matt. Now how was I supposed to know that (it is not covered
    > in the FF help), and where would you go to find out something like that
    > other than ask here, which I did. I mentioned many months ago that the help
    > in FF (older versions back then, but it is still similar) is no where near
    > as comprehensive as IE, but yet FF is far superior to IE in most other
    > areas. Does anyone know if mozilla is working on a more comprehensive help
    > system (with detailed index like IE's), or is this considered bloating, and
    > unnecessary...Pete

    the reason IE has (sort of) good help is because they can afford it.
    Whereas with Mozilla, its mostly volunteer help.

  5. Re: View Cookies Window

    gwtc wrote:
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    >>> Type . (a period) into the Search box, and it will get rid of the
    >>> folders and you will be able to select multiple cookies with Shift.
    >>> :-)

    >> Gee...thanks Matt. Now how was I supposed to know that (it is not
    >> covered in the FF help), and where would you go to find out
    >> something like that other than ask here, which I did. I mentioned
    >> many months ago that the help in FF (older versions back then, but
    >> it is still similar) is no where near as comprehensive as IE, but
    >> yet FF is far superior to IE in most other areas. Does anyone know
    >> if mozilla is working on a more comprehensive help system (with
    >> detailed index like IE's), or is this considered bloating, and
    >> unnecessary...Pete

    > the reason IE has (sort of) good help is because they can afford it.
    > Whereas with Mozilla, its mostly volunteer help.

    gwtc...I understand that, but they do such a nice job on everything else :-)
    :-). So I guess all of you are the comprehensive help (which is okay), but
    I thought if the help was part of the program it would save a lot of
    questions. I do agree that the capabilities and features of FF are probably
    foremost (and rightfully so)...Pete

  6. Re: View Cookies Window

    On 1/15/2006 5:59 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:

    > Anyway is there a way to delete bunches or groups of the cookie folders by
    > highlighting them. I don't see it. Thanks...Pete

    I use Cookie Monster from Ampsoft to manage mine.

    http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

    --
    Jim

    "It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As
    pretty as an Airport' appear."
    -Douglas Adams

  7. Re: View Cookies Window

    MushMorton wrote:
    > On 1/15/2006 5:59 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    >
    >> Anyway is there a way to delete bunches or groups of the cookie
    >> folders by highlighting them. I don't see it. Thanks...Pete
    >>

    > I use Cookie Monster from Ampsoft to manage mine.
    >
    > http://www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

    Thanks Mush...is there something in the program that will enable me to
    delete all cookies except certain ones (say that I have earmarked somehow)
    that I need. This is whats important to me otherwise I would just dump them
    all, and its a pain in the ass to dump them selectively...Pete

  8. Re: View Cookies Window

    Pete wrote:
    > MushMorton wrote:
    >> On 1/15/2006 5:59 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:

    /snip/

    > Thanks Mush...is there something in the program that will enable me to
    > delete all cookies except certain ones (say that I have earmarked somehow)
    > that I need. This is whats important to me otherwise I would just dump them
    > all, and its a pain in the ass to dump them selectively...Pete

    Try Cookie Culler, it allows you to white list cookies:

    http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  9. Re: View Cookies Window

    On 1/15/2006 9:08 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > MushMorton wrote:
    >> On 1/15/2006 5:59 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    >>

    > Thanks Mush...is there something in the program that will enable me to
    > delete all cookies except certain ones

    Sure. You can move any cookie to a "preserved" list and it will not be
    deleted when you "eat" cookies.

    --
    Jim

    "Do not accustom yourself to use big words for little matters."
    -Samuel Johnson

  10. Re: View Cookies Window

    "gwtc" wrote in message
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    >> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    >>>Type . (a period) into the Search box, and it will get rid of the
    >>>folders and you will be able to select multiple cookies with Shift.
    >>>:-)

    >> Gee...thanks Matt. Now how was I supposed to know that (it is not
    >> covered in the FF help), and where would you go to find out something
    >> like that other than ask here, which I did. I mentioned many months ago
    >> that the help in FF (older versions back then, but it is still similar)
    >> is no where near as comprehensive as IE, but yet FF is far superior to IE
    >> in most other areas. Does anyone know if mozilla is working on a more
    >> comprehensive help system (with detailed index like IE's), or is this
    >> considered bloating, and unnecessary...Pete

    > the reason IE has (sort of) good help is because they can afford it.
    > Whereas with Mozilla, its mostly volunteer help.

    If I have to choose between what MS offers and a forum like this one... I'll
    take this every time. You guys are great.

    Thanks! Bob

  11. Re: View Cookies Window

    "MushMorton" wrote in message
    news9ydnTzGh6I4llbeRVn-tQ@mozilla.org...
    > On 1/15/2006 9:08 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    >> MushMorton wrote:
    >>> On 1/15/2006 5:59 PM Pete ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    >>>

    >> Thanks Mush...is there something in the program that will enable me to
    >> delete all cookies except certain ones

    > Sure. You can move any cookie to a "preserved" list and it will not be
    > deleted when you "eat" cookies.

    now I'm hungry...

  12. Re: View Cookies Window

    On 01/15/06 18:34, Pete wrote:
    > Gee...thanks Matt. Now how was I supposed to know that (it is not covered
    > in the FF help), and where would you go to find out something like that
    > other than ask here, which I did.

    You'd have to go here. :-P That was something I found out on my own. By
    typing a period, you're searching for any cookie that has that in it,
    and every cookie will have at least one in the domain name (or IP
    address). I don't know why you can select multiple cookies in a search
    but not in the non-search thing.

    > I mentioned many months ago that the help
    > in FF (older versions back then, but it is still similar) is no where near
    > as comprehensive as IE, but yet FF is far superior to IE in most other
    > areas. Does anyone know if mozilla is working on a more comprehensive help
    > system (with detailed index like IE's), or is this considered bloating, and
    > unnecessary...Pete

    Well, adding new features and fixing bugs is more fun than writing
    documentation. Microsoft pays people to write good documentation,
    Mozilla has to rely on people that really want to.

    I dunno, I don't have IE available, so I can't compare it and Firefox,
    but I think Firefox's help is pretty good. I haven't read much of it,
    though. But I think it could use more just good, useful information like
    you can get from the newsgroups and MozillaZine Forums.

    (I was going to write something about maybe it being easier to write
    documentation for Microsoft, but it didn't come out well. But I bet they
    hire people specifically for it, and would provide them with easy tools.
    They don't have to be much of a developer-type, they just have to be
    able to write the documentation. I'd say with Mozilla, you have to be
    more of a developer-type to get involved.)
    --
    Yay!

  13. Re: View Cookies Window

    Bob Bailey wrote:

    > "gwtc" wrote in message
    >
    >>Pete wrote:

    >>>Gee...thanks Matt. Now how was I supposed to know that (it is not
    >>>covered in the FF help), and where would you go to find out something
    >>>like that other than ask here, which I did. I mentioned many months ago
    >>>that the help in FF (older versions back then, but it is still similar)
    >>>is no where near as comprehensive as IE, but yet FF is far superior to IE
    >>>in most other areas. Does anyone know if mozilla is working on a more
    >>>comprehensive help system (with detailed index like IE's), or is this
    >>>considered bloating, and unnecessary...Pete

    >>the reason IE has (sort of) good help is because they can afford it.
    >>Whereas with Mozilla, its mostly volunteer help.

    > If I have to choose between what MS offers and a forum like this one... I'll
    > take this every time. You guys are great.
    >
    > Thanks! Bob

    we try our best, thank you.

  14. Re: View Cookies Window

    Bob Bailey wrote:

    > "MushMorton" wrote in message
    > news9ydnTzGh6I4llbeRVn-tQ@mozilla.org...

    >>>Thanks Mush...is there something in the program that will enable me to
    >>>delete all cookies except certain ones

    >>Sure. You can move any cookie to a "preserved" list and it will not be
    >>deleted when you "eat" cookies.
    >>

    > now I'm hungry...

    I have a very old cookie monster program. Not the same though, a
    different one. But you can hear the noises it makes. You hear it
    eating the cookie, and then if it eats 5 cookies, then it burps.

  15. [OT] Re: View Cookies Window

    On 01/16/06 02:37, gwtc wrote:
    > I have a very old cookie monster program. Not the same though, a
    > different one. But you can hear the noises it makes. You hear it
    > eating the cookie, and then if it eats 5 cookies, then it burps.

    I have a Cookie Monster the Sesame Street character toy. You roll
    plastic cookies into his mouth. I don't think there were sound effects.
    --
    Yay!

  16. Re: [OT] Re: View Cookies Window

    Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    > On 01/16/06 02:37, gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>I have a very old cookie monster program. Not the same though, a
    >>different one. But you can hear the noises it makes. You hear it
    >>eating the cookie, and then if it eats 5 cookies, then it burps.

    > I have a Cookie Monster the Sesame Street character toy. You roll
    > plastic cookies into his mouth. I don't think there were sound effects.

    never saw Sesame Street.

  17. Re: [OT] Re: View Cookies Window

    On 01/16/06 04:39, gwtc wrote:
    > never saw Sesame Street.

    I didn't watch it (or any other annoying kiddy educational shows),
    either, but I did like the Cookie Monster toy.
    --
    Yay!

  18. Re: [OT] Re: View Cookies Window

    On 16.01.2006 10:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
    generate the following:? :

    > Matt Nordhoff wrote:
    >
    >> On 01/16/06 02:37, gwtc wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have a very old cookie monster program. Not the same though, a
    >>> different one. But you can hear the noises it makes. You hear it
    >>> eating the cookie, and then if it eats 5 cookies, then it burps.

    >> I have a Cookie Monster the Sesame Street character toy. You roll
    >> plastic cookies into his mouth. I don't think there were sound effects.

    > never saw Sesame Street.

    both you guys missed out.... Oscar (lived in a trash-bin) was the best
    of all.... Gonzo (the nose), Kermit + Miss Piggy, the danish cook, the
    grandpas and all the rest of them... each with a character trait that
    was typical of a child and could easily be related to by a child!

    reg

  19. Re: [OT] Re: View Cookies Window

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 16.01.2006 10:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
    > generate the following:? :
    >> Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    >>> I have a Cookie Monster the Sesame Street character toy. You roll
    >>> plastic cookies into his mouth. I don't think there were sound effects.
    >>>

    >> never saw Sesame Street.
    >>

    > both you guys missed out.... Oscar (lived in a trash-bin) was the best
    > of all.... Gonzo (the nose), Kermit + Miss Piggy, the danish cook, the
    > grandpas and all the rest of them... each with a character trait that
    > was typical of a child and could easily be related to by a child!

    /Danish/ cook? Isn't he Swedish? Quite coincidentally, perfectly
    functioning translation engines available online, come to my mind right
    now. They'll surely steal lots of work from me...

    https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...ments&pageid=3
    http://www.snert.com/Software/bork.html
    http://www.super-fraggle.co.uk/ask/index.shtml

    AFAIK there are even better ones, can't find them ATM.

    I noticed you took up on my suggestion, Reg! :-D What will the next step
    be?
    http://www.traipse.com/hypercube/index.html
    http://ploug.eu.org/stock/hypercube-cube-dyn.gif
    http://www.cubesmith.com/SuperGRY.jpg

    BR,
    Gudmund

  20. Re: [OT] Re: View Cookies Window

    squaredancer wrote:

    > On 16.01.2006 10:39, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused gwtc to
    > generate the following:? :
    >

    >>Matt Nordhoff wrote:

    >>>I have a Cookie Monster the Sesame Street character toy. You roll
    >>>plastic cookies into his mouth. I don't think there were sound effects.

    >>never saw Sesame Street.

    > both you guys missed out.... Oscar (lived in a trash-bin) was the best
    > of all.... Gonzo (the nose), Kermit + Miss Piggy, the danish cook, the
    > grandpas and all the rest of them... each with a character trait that
    > was typical of a child and could easily be related to by a child!
    >
    > reg

    I might be wrong here, but wasn't Kermit, Miss Piggy and the SWEDISH
    cook part of the Muppets.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast