Adblock Question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Adblock Question - Mozilla ; John S. Thomsen wrote: > Vegard Krog Petersen wrote: >> Could anybody please explain the main difference beetween AdBlock and >> AdBlock Plus? >> >> I use AdBlock and Adblock Filterset.G Updater togheter today. What is >> the advantage to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 62 of 62

  1. Re: The main differences

    John S. Thomsen wrote:
    > Vegard Krog Petersen wrote:
    >> Could anybody please explain the main difference beetween AdBlock and
    >> AdBlock Plus?
    >>
    >> I use AdBlock and Adblock Filterset.G Updater togheter today. What is
    >> the advantage to move to AdBlock Plus?

    > Adblock Plus allow the user to disable adblock for a particular site.
    > This feature is called site whitelisting. A nice feature if you need it.
    > It's also possible to block a site completely (Site Blocking).
    >
    > With respect to blocking adds I've noticed no difference between Adblock
    > and Adblock Plus.

    Just to complicate the issue some more, Adblock now has whitelisting
    just like Adblock Plus. See:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/extension...cation=mozilla

    and

    http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic....6cc371348a71c9

    The advantage of the new Adblock (higher than Nightly 40) vs. Adblock
    Plus is that Adblock is the only one I've found that blocks ads on
    Seamonkey 1.0b. That said: it works fine on one of my Win 98SE computers
    but is very unstable on another one even with a new clean profile. So as
    Lee Jones pointed out elsewhere in this thread
    (news://news.mozilla.org:119/TbOdnR_B...sQ@mozilla.org),
    Adblock can be a problem.

  2. Re: Adblock Question

    On 01/17/06 13:07, Pete wrote:
    > I leave mine checked and have tried it both ways and don't notice a
    > difference, but then again I still don't know what it does, or if it does
    > it, or if it helps or hurts :-) :-) ...Pete

    Obj-Tabs put a little translucent 'Adblock' tab on plugin objects, so
    you can block them. Flash, at least, has its own context menu so that
    Adblock can't be accessed that way, so you can use the Obj-Tab.
    --
    Yay!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4