Firefox 1.5 User Agent? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Firefox 1.5 User Agent? - Mozilla ; How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's user agent string. Thanks, Brian...

  1. Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager
    that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's
    user agent string.

    Thanks,

    Brian

  2. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    Brian M. Kochera wrote:
    > How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager
    > that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's
    > user agent string.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Brian

    Help<
    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/

  3. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    On 1/11/2006 10:26 PM Pacific, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Brian M. Kochera wrote:
    >> How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager
    >> that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's
    >> user agent string.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Brian

    > Help< >
    > Lee

    Anyone know why TB doesn't do the same?

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion

    About Profiles -

  4. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > On 1/11/2006 10:26 PM Pacific, Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Brian M. Kochera wrote:
    >>> How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager
    >>> that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's
    >>> user agent string.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Brian

    >> Help< >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Anyone know why TB doesn't do the same?
    >
    > Irwin

    That's a darn good question!

    Lee

    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  5. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    On 01/12/06 16:43, gwtc wrote:
    > First came Mosaic, then that morphed into Mozilla. Or, Mosaic is the
    > Granddaddy to Mozilla

    Though there's been a complete rewrite or two; the code certainly
    doesn't resemble Mosaic anymore. (Not that I've looked at Mosaic's code,
    but I really doubt it does.)
    --
    Yay!

  6. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    Mook wrote in
    :

    > Internet ExplorerInternet Explorer 6.0
    > Mozilla It's a Mozilla based browser
    > 4.0 Mozilla Version
    > compatible Compatibility flag
    > Indicates that this browser is compatible
    > with a common set of features
    >
    > ... It's just misleading. IE is based on some sort of Mosaic
    > (either NCSA or Spyglass, I'm not sure), but not Mozilla - the UA
    > was a workaround against stupid UA sniffers.

    AIUI, the "Mozilla compatibility" version number is still used by some
    sites to do basic sniffing. As you note, it can give a rough idea of
    what a browser is capable of. IE7 will still only claim 4.0.

  7. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    On 01/12/06 17:44, »Q« wrote:
    > Mook wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> Internet ExplorerInternet Explorer 6.0
    >> Mozilla It's a Mozilla based browser
    >> 4.0 Mozilla Version
    >> compatible Compatibility flag
    >> Indicates that this browser is compatible
    >> with a common set of features
    >>
    >> ... It's just misleading. IE is based on some sort of Mosaic
    >> (either NCSA or Spyglass, I'm not sure), but not Mozilla - the UA
    >> was a workaround against stupid UA sniffers.

    > AIUI, the "Mozilla compatibility" version number is still used by some
    > sites to do basic sniffing. As you note, it can give a rough idea of
    > what a browser is capable of. IE7 will still only claim 4.0.

    Didn't read a lot of the comments, but huh. I guess they're looking for
    better compatibility with user-agent sniffers.
    --
    Yay!

  8. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    On 01/13/06 13:32, Ken Wagner wrote:
    > I'm not sure if it'll work with your download manager, but the PasteIP
    > extension is nice. It allows you to paste either your IP address or UA
    > string into textboxes or email messages. I've found it pretty handy...
    >
    > Author's page is found at http://pasteip.mozdev.org/

    Nightly Tester Tools [1] also allows you to paste your "build ID", which
    is your user-agent plus the hour it was built (though you can change
    that with the nightly.templates.buildid preference).

    [1]
    --
    Yay!

  9. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    On 13.01.2006 18:32 UK Time, Ken Wagner wrote:
    > Brian M. Kochera wrote, On 1/12/2006 12:14 AM:
    >> How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager
    >> that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's
    >> user agent string.

    > I'm not sure if it'll work with your download manager, but the PasteIP
    > extension is nice. It allows you to paste either your IP address or UA
    > string into textboxes or email messages. I've found it pretty handy...
    >
    > Author's page is found at http://pasteip.mozdev.org/

    Hi Ken,

    your clock appears to be 1 hour fast :-)

    --
    Herbert Eppel
    www.HETranslation.co.uk

  10. Re: Firefox 1.5 User Agent?

    Brian M. Kochera wrote, On 1/12/2006 12:14 AM:
    > How can I determine FF's User Agent String. I have a download manager
    > that syncs up to my browser more smoothly if I enter in the browser's
    > user agent string.

    I'm not sure if it'll work with your download manager, but the PasteIP
    extension is nice. It allows you to paste either your IP address or UA
    string into textboxes or email messages. I've found it pretty handy...

    Author's page is found at http://pasteip.mozdev.org/

    --Ken

+ Reply to Thread