After creating a virtual folder: operation hanged, no normal startup - Mozilla

This is a discussion on After creating a virtual folder: operation hanged, no normal startup - Mozilla ; Hello, i tried to create a new virtual folder in a folder below the global inbox, using tags as the filter criterion. After clicking the OK button, Thunderbird 2.0 was not able to complete the operation, hanging for minutes. On ...

  1. After creating a virtual folder: operation hanged, no normal startup

    Hello,

    i tried to create a new virtual folder in a folder below the global
    inbox, using tags
    as the filter criterion. After clicking the OK button, Thunderbird 2.0
    was not able to
    complete the operation, hanging for minutes.

    On the next startup, I did not see anything, and Thunderbird tries to
    allocate
    hundreds of megabytes in RAM, using 99% of the CPU. All next startups
    bring the same result.

    How can I get Thunderbird back to work?

    Thanks, Thomas

  2. Re: After creating a virtual folder: operation hanged, no normalstartup

    thomas.schager@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > i tried to create a new virtual folder in a folder below the global
    > inbox, using tags
    > as the filter criterion. After clicking the OK button, Thunderbird 2.0
    > was not able to
    > complete the operation, hanging for minutes.
    >
    > On the next startup, I did not see anything, and Thunderbird tries to
    > allocate
    > hundreds of megabytes in RAM, using 99% of the CPU. All next startups
    > bring the same result.
    >

    > How can I get Thunderbird back to work?
    >

    > Thanks, Thomas

    Backup Your TB profile folder.
    In your profile folder , rename 'virtualFolders.dat' to
    'virtualFolders_renamed.dat'
    Start Thunderbird.

+ Reply to Thread